Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for finally getting back to us... Unfortunately: you waited 6200 miles to say anything to the dealer (or this forum) about your tires.
    It's obvious that there's an alignment problem. As the person who's on the bike more than anyone else; it's up to you to keep an eye out for this sort of issue, and address it promptly.
    If the dealer gives you new tire: good for them.
    If they don't: call it a "Life's Lesson" and get new tires, AND a laser-alignment.
    Sorry...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NICE GOING

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Thanks for finally getting back to us... Unfortunately: you waited 6200 miles to say anything to the dealer (or this forum) about your tires.
    It's obvious that there's an alignment problem. As the person who's on the bike more than anyone else; it's up to you to keep an eye out for this sort of issue, and address it promptly.
    If the dealer gives you new tire: good for them.
    If they don't: call it a "Life's Lesson" and get new tires, AND a laser-alignment.
    Sorry...
    Really Bob !.... Maybe you should first, Apologize to the OP for calling Him a TROLL , not once but twice and second....... 95% of the people here don't know if they have good or bad alignment until they have it checked and that INCLUDED YOU....................jmho.......Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

https://youtu.be/MixNh9L7G5M

It Wasn't About You.jpg

The OP explained the absence and is more than free to PM me, if there's a problem...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 11-06-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default tire replacement

It is sad to read some of the responses to this post!
    The OP says his tires wore out prematurely. Having experienced BRP's response to out of alignment I know how he feels.
    If you don't like his post - ignore it!
    No need to give him a raft of grief.
    He is not a member of the "elite" on this forum so there is no way he can have a legitimate problem apparently.
    That is my 5 cents worth.
    Tip Schwartzbeck
    [SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nesdspyder View Post
    I have not been here lately due to the fact that I farm. Working all day and half the night.

OK what do you need to know..... The inside of the tread of my Kendas are wore out at 6200 miles.

Now it is 4 weeks still no BRP no dealer response yet.
    That sounds like an alignment issue. We had that happen on our 2011 RT and had to change the tires out prematurely. After our alignment and the new tires, we have more than 10K on the new ones and they still look new.

I owe you a lunch and I will have an order of crow sandwitch.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

First off, thank you for being a farmer. America needs farmers. I have been helping with harvest in Iowa for the past four weeks.
    When I got my '14 RTL , I was new to the Spyder world. I felt that I had an issue after my first long ride. At 300 miles my dealer changed out the front tires under warranty. They were out of round and one had excessive amount of weights. They said at the time if I had waited much longer that they could not change them out under warranty. Later, I did have an alignment done. Even with the alignment, my second pair of tires only lasted 14,200. They were severely stress cracked. Both were flat the day after I got back from a 2300 mile ride. I did have a lot fun. I had another pair of tires put on and another alignment done. I do a lot of riding on back roads.
    Having gone through your issue at 6200 miles, I suggest you put an alignment check on your yearly check out. I am going to have mine checked yearly.
    Get new tires and an alignment done. Check the number of weights on your wheels. I hope your second pair of tires last longer. I just keep in mind that the front tire on my Harley would go about 15k miles. The rear around 12k.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default REALLY !!!!!!

It Wasn't About You.jpg

The OP explained the absence and is more than free to PM me, if there's a problem...
    Robert, you could give pointers to the " Hillary for Queen " campaign ....... Why can't you just take the high road and just apologize .? ? ? ............. Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    So
    how is an alignment problem that you did nothing about until the tires were worn to the point of needing replacement, BRPs fault? Your bike needs an alignment and new tires. Had you gotten it aligned 6200 miles ago, you would not be replacing tires now. Or at least when you noticed the tire wear was not even.

You can argue that BRP should include a proper laser alignment with the bike when new but they don't. BRP is not going to replace tires that you wore out. They were not defective, they were abused.
    Just to let YOU know I have had my Spyder aligned three yes three times since new, and has been out of alignment all three times.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It Wasn't About You.jpg

No comment, some people put there mouth in gear before there upper story.... and by the way I cannot sit on here and comment on every post. Like uuummm

Spyder Garage

Denman IMO is a troll for BRP, there is plenty of stories about BRP's crap customer service, with or without a dealer involved.

IMO find another dealer and better tires, and maybe a laser alignment will solve your issues, or like Murphy Browns totally mis-manufactured 622 trailer that took forever to figure out, and maybe you bought a lemon with the front in totally out of whack and can't be aligned..

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just to let YOU know I have had my Spyder aligned three yes three times since new, and has been out of alignment all three times.
    The whole scenario of this thread illustrates why it is beneficial to everyone if the complete background for an issue is included any time a question or rant is posted.

What kind of alignment did you have done, not that it makes all that much difference, laser alignment or the factory method? If the dealer did the alignment per the factory method then BRP has no room to blame lack of proper alignment as being the source of the wear. So the next question is why was it out of alignment the second and third times? And if the alignment wasn't too far off, then what is causing the tire wear? I can understand your frustration.

Did you send an email to brp.care@brp.com? The best way to get BRP's attention is for the dealer to open a case. The next best way is this email address. Beyond that, your inquiries to them stand a good chance of dropping into a black hole.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
    Denman IMO is a troll for BRP...

https://youtu.be/IH8K0bPc-BE

...As if they'd want me hanging around...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 11-07-2016 at 08:19 AM.

Spyder Garage

Aligned
    by the dealer using BRP shop manual method (which does not work) or laser aligned using the Rolo method?

If it was laser aligned 3 times and out of alignment each time, either the person doing the alignment has no idea what they are doing or you have severe front suspension problems like worn arms, tie rods or broken components. These bikes do not loose alignment once set unless suspension components are changed out or they are in a wreck.

I am betting the suspension components are fine as broken or badly worn ones would be easy to spot and your complaints would be far more than worn tires. No, this is an alignment issue. If the alignment was done by the same dealer where the bike is now, suggest to the service manager that they did not know what they were doing as evidenced by the worn tires for misalignment. The tires did not wear on the inside edge because they were defective. They were abused. This may be the dealer at fault here but BRP is still not going to pony up for the cost of replacement.

Really not trying to be mean here but it truly appears you are barking up the wrong tree. We are trying to help you understand your situation better.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Aligned
    by the dealer using BRP shop manual method (which does not work) or laser aligned using the Rolo method?
    Based on my one experience this past summer asking BRP about front tire problems, there is an inconsistency in BRP's response vs. accepted service methods. BRP has endorsed the laser alignment process but the factory method is still in the manual. When I asked my dealer to check with BRP about a constant pulling to the right with tires that had about 7000 miles on them, they told the dealer the first step was to do an alignment per the factory method. The fact that I could have probably shown a work order, or whatever, that showed I had the wheels aligned at about 3500 miles by Squared Away, and that they rechecked the alignment at about 5000 miles was not good enough. I decided I didn't want to take a chance the service tech would actually change the alignment, although I'm sure he wouldn't have, so I just dropped the issue.

So BRP endorses laser alignment, but when it comes to pushing a claim for bad tires, apparently it's not good enough. Go figure!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Adjust the shocks.
    Good luck,
    Roger
    2014 ST-L

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    Adjust the shocks.
    Good luck,
    Roger

His bike has no shock adjustments available...