Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone from California going to CAN-AM 10th Anniversary?

Anyone going to Montreal next June for the Anniversary? I'm riding from the Temecula area mid to late May and will be riding my RT. Two routes being planned... western to eastern Canada or straight thru the Midwest, through Detroit. I'll be towing a micro-teardrop.

Who else is planning the trip?

David Larson
    ubow@twc.com

Spyder Garage

Default 10thANNIVERSARY

I'll be riding from Murphy, NC.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Long distance Rydes

Wow, I see post #1 here talks about ryding, not towing, from California, on another post yesterday someone is Ryding from Florida. Impressive.

i have always wanted to attend Spyderfest, the 10th, Spyderquest, any of those, but still doubtful if it is realistic to Reyes that many miles then Ryde more at the event. I suspect that most people trailer in, am I wrong?

i keep asking about theses things and rarely get an answer, maybe someone can respond this time. Do only the wealthy attend with their $200k+ rigs and sit around sipping their merlot and thumbing noses down on the poor wretches that had to Ryde in? Not being a libtard at all, happy they have the funds for sure I just don't want to attend events for the wealthy.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We are going ! From Dublin OH with a couple of friends from TN and IL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    Wow, I see post #1 here talks about ryding, not towing, from California, on another post yesterday someone is Ryding from Florida. Impressive.

i have always wanted to attend Spyderfest, the 10th, Spyderquest, any of those, but still doubtful if it is realistic to Reyes that many miles then Ryde more at the event. I suspect that most people trailer in, am I wrong?

i keep asking about theses things and rarely get an answer, maybe someone can respond this time. Do only the wealthy attend with their $200k+ rigs and sit around sipping their merlot and thumbing noses down on the poor wretches that had to Ryde in? Not being a libtard at all, happy they have the funds for sure I just don't want to attend events for the wealthy.

Joe
    We usually ride wherever we are going. I would have to say that if we were pressed for time and had to take Interstates to get where we are going then we would trailer the bikes. Going 70-80 mph for extended periods of time is very boring and annoying on the bikes. But, if we have lots of time to get to our destination, or we can just take regular roads then we would ride. One or two days ride on regular roads is enjoyable. One or two days ride on Interstates suck.
    Fortunately, the 10th Anniversary is pretty close to us, so we will be riding.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default From Northern California

We are leaving from Northern California in mid to late May. David I will PM you. We are looking for folks that want to see the world. We have such beautiful machines that, as long as my health is GREAT, I would never consider a trailer, unless I was towing it behind my Spyder!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post

Joe
    You are very wrong thinking that these events are for only the wealthy.
    5 of my friends have a spyder riding group. We ride to all events never trailer. We call ourselves "The Canadian Express" We rode to Spyders in the Ozarks in September 2016 and have rode to Tennessee just to name a few places.
    On our long 10 day trips we never ride the Interstate going to the event we ride all the back roads and hen ride the interstate to arrive back home faster. We travel between 3500km to 5500km per trip including riding at the event.

Lamont's BBQ 2016

Spyder Garage

RE: Tow vs. Ride--There are always a few that tow their to meets that are both far and near. There may be medical reasons or just the desire to get their without putting in those "road" miles on the Spyder. I have no problem with those who do so.

For me, it's all about the miles actually ridden on the for me. I have never towed a ride anywhere. If I deemed it was to far to go, I rent at the other end if possible. The last couple of years, I have had health issues preventing me from doing long rides to far destinations. I have still managed to get rides in when possible.

I will not be attending the 10 Anniversary Party because it is to far to ride for me and I don't have a free month to do it in. Ten years ago, I would have been there with bells on.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've never trailered to an event. Maybe someday I'll be a full-time RV'r and then I may ride from a closer point. I have no problem with anyone who does, however.

Also, you'll meet folks from all across the wealth spectrum, but I don't think anyone cares how much money someone has.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I am driving to Valcourt from Vermont, which is only 2 1/2 hours one way. Hope to see you there! Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

I'll be going from south west Pa. So far about 6other bikes from the Pa Spyder Ryders Club are going.
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy-TricLED View Post
    We are going ! From Dublin OH with a couple of friends from TN and IL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cindy, thanks for responding, maybe I could meet you folks on your way up north for the 10th, can you afford a Tailgunner to tag along?

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate