Spyder Garage

Default Alwasy get wet when it rains

For some reason, when I am on the F3 and its raining, the water gets up underneath my rain jacket and over the rain pants. I thought to get a one piece suit, but then I can't use my heated vest because the power cable, even with an extension, is too short. What do you people do?
    2019 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've had a problem of rain getting inside my jacket and figured out I didn't have it closed up near my chin.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's easy!
    If you were riding an RT: you would quickly notice that the bodywork does an excellent job of keeping the rain off of you!
    Oh! You should also get the one-piece rainsuit, and forget about the heated vest!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Simple answer, don't ride in the rain. Problem solved.

Spyder Garage

Default SPYD3R FLOOR/SPLASH BORDZ

EASY SOLUTION.......
    20160731_174517.jpg 20160731_174503.jpg 20160822_143453.jpg
    make yourself a pair of these FLOOR BORDZ.... and the water will exits behind your feet....
    you'll notice that the bordz extended under the SPYD3R along the splash guard behind the front fenders... this keeps the water running under, versus up onto your feet & pant legs.... that's why i designed them that way, to stay as dry as possible...
    good luck, and let us know how yours came out....
    SPYD3R

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Mac View Post
    Simple answer, don't ride in the rain. Problem solved.
    Learning To Ride In The Rain.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default I always say....

follow the trail and plug the leak....Unless this an F3 exclusive in which case it may be a bit harder... Somehow with which ever gear I will always get a wet spot somewhere... for the most part I just don't venture out into the rain....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    For some reason, when I am on the F3 and its raining, the water gets up underneath my rain jacket and over the rain pants.....
    Where do you get wet; all around your waist or just in the front??

I ask, because I bought a new set of rain gear at the beginning of our last winter (Late May/early June here!) & the over-pants had thoughtfully provided 'pocket openings' each side closed with a velcro tab in the middle that'd still let you get at your jeans pockets when you were wearing the rain gear. Fair enough I thought, until the first heavy rain revealed that when I sat on my RT, both of the openings either side of the velcro tab gaped open & funnelled water running off my jacket straight thru & into my crotch!!

Getting to your destination warm & dry everywhere but your crotch is NOT a great feeling!! And if you ryde long enough, the more water that runs in means the wet spot extends down between your legs & eventually pools where you sit, so it's more'n just a tad uncomfortable & if it bothers you that way, the wet patch once you stop & strip off your rain gear can be very embarrassing!!

So I sewed the pockets shut & 'seam sealed' the former openings - no more problem now!! But I will watch out for that little trap when I next replace my rain gear, thoughtful as it may have been intended!!

With your problem, do you think it'd help velcro-ing the inside of your jacket to the top of the rain pants??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Where do you get wet; all around your waist or just in the front??

I ask, because I bought a new set of rain gear at the beginning of our last winter (Late May/early June here!) & the over-pants had thoughtfully provided 'pocket openings' each side closed with a velcro tab in the middle that'd still let you get at your jeans pockets when you were wearing the rain gear. Fair enough I thought, until the first heavy rain revealed that when I sat on my RT, both of the openings either side of the velcro tab gaped open & funnelled water running off my jacket straight thru & into my crotch!!

Getting to your destination warm & dry everywhere but your crotch is NOT a great feeling!! And if you ryde long enough, the more water that runs in means the wet spot extends down between your legs & eventually pools where you sit, so it's more'n just a tad uncomfortable & if it bothers you that way, the wet patch once you stop & strip off your rain gear can be very embarrassing!!

So I sewed the pockets shut & 'seam sealed' the former openings - no more problem now!! But I will watch out for that little trap when I next replace my rain gear, thoughtful as it may have been intended!!

With your problem, do you think it'd help velcro-ing the inside of your jacket to the top of the rain pants??

The water come up from the bottom, then underneath the rain jacket, up over the rain pants, and wets my stomach. The rain jacket has pulls on the side to tighten it around my waist, but it does not help.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Default used to get wet when it rained

I too used to get wet when it rained; the expectation from rain gear is that you will stay DRY!!! Unfortunately unless you go to the upper level of riding gear your expectations are not going to be met consistently.

If you want to stay dry then you have to spend the $$'s on gear that is water impermeable and fits properly or that won't happen.

Talk with Ron about first gears offerings or speak with Joe or Ann Meyer about what they use. Another good source would most likely be Murphy Brown.

The high mileage riders know what it takes to be DRY and comfortable when they travel. If you are really serious about staying dry when you ride speak with them and they will point you in the right direction to do so!!! JMO FWIW

All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    The water come up from the bottom, then underneath the rain jacket, up over the rain pants, and wets my stomach. The rain jacket has pulls on the side to tighten it around my waist, but it does not help.
    This perfectly describes the need for a one-piece rainsuit...

Spyder Garage

Default Reason #57

Reason #57 why NOT to trade my RT for an F3. Before this thread I only had 56 reasons.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd LOVE to see, one through fifty-six...

Spyder Garage

Default Ouch !

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    This perfectly describes the need for a one-piece rainsuit...
    HA! Try getting a one piece rain suit when you're 6'7", Bob......Easy to step into the pants, but when you finally get it up over your shoulders, you immediately start speaking in a very high voice. On the plus side, half an hour in that suit and you no longer have to worry about getting a vasectomy
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Should I have added the caveat: "Be sure to find one that fits you properly."?
    I thought that was assumed parameter...

Spyder Garage

Hahaha.....I've tried, Bob......believe me, I've tried
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default One piece

Aerostich will alter their one piece suites. While I have not had any of their garments altered, I have used their jackets and pants. I can attest that they have been waterproof, breathable, and off great protection (depending on the style ordered).
    check out their catalog on line. Good luck

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Give them a call; they can find something that'll fit you!

Spyder Garage

Default Never been an issue

And I have been in some heavy, sustained rains while traveling at safe, for conditions, hiway speed. Not sure what I do diff. My rain pants are big so I end up with the waist about mid chest...my rain coat over that...all zipped in tight. Jacket is butt length ..boots are waterproof and my pants have the elastic stirrup that holds them down. I wear my normal ryding gloves (weight dependent on weather) with my Aerostitch 1000% waterproof covers.. I was "warned" that this could be a down side to the F3..but so far so good..I say 1000% on the Aerostitch because keeping dry gloves was my biggest challenge and finally accepted that no glove was going to be waterproof (to many seams)...but those covers are the BEST. Oh yea my rain gear is Frogg Toggs motorcycle specific ..had Can Am before...pants failed and still have the jacket for a back up..
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5