Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I have a V-nosed aluminum 7X12 Lightning Trailer by Forrest River. Drop down tailgate with a transition flap. I store the Spyder in the trailer when not being ridden. Trailer has an electrical box to plug in outside power installed by the dealer. I just plug it in, plug in the battery tender. You will find more uses with an enclosed trailer. Everyone that has seen it loves it. Weighs only 1300 lbs. empty. Great trailer to pull. Has brakes which work great. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Default 5x8 Tractor supply

A little tight, slight modification to the ramp pins and made extensions for the latches so the ramp leans back 20 degrees. 2" clearance on eithe side

IMG_0106.jpgIMG_0104.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&Teresa View Post
    Get the dimensions and literature: http://www.droptailtrailers.com/

I use it for EITHER the Spyder or the Gold Wing. I must use the center position for the Gold Wing as it will not fit on the left or right side of the trailer due to length. We trailer our 2014 RT Limited with no problem with this trailer and it "noses" up in the V part of the trailer against our 20" stone guard (which is optional). The 4 pictures added at bottom were just a couple months ago....note that I do NOT transport with the cover on it. I only cover the Spyder when leaving it out overnight! Also, all the tie down straps were removed at this time as it was parked.

From an earlier post of mine:
    We use a Droptail trailer. I really like that it folds and stores upright in the garage and NO ramps needed - built in. Works well for the Spyder with the low clearance. The back of the trailer hydraulically lowers and the built in rear gate folds down to extend the ramp portion. Easy to use. Our Spyder RT just fits and the nose of the Spyder fits in the V part of the front of the trailer. Not a lot of spare room, but works well. The Spyder fills the whole trailer even though this is a "two up" motorcycle trailer. A bonus for us is that our Gold Wing can be hauled on this trailer (with the use of the wheel chock that is included with the trailer) as well - however, only one bike at a time (unless you have two - 2 wheel motorcycles that are "short" enough). There is a standard 8 inch stone guard and an optional 20" stone guard. I did add the 20" stone guard on our trailer. Also, we purchased an optional spare tire which bolts to the bottom of the trailer. It has a steel frame with an aluminum deck with lots of tie down points!

Here's some info on the model number and a few pics: Drop - Tail "Two - Up" Cruiser / Sport Bike Trailer, model number: 03-DCT2200-02

Good luck on your choice of trailers - there are a lot of good trailers out there that work!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails

We have a dbl Droptail , I was going to try and put 2 spyders on it to see if I could haul both, 1 forward & 1 backwards , just haven't had the time yet.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gsebring View Post
    A little tight, slight modification to the ramp pins and made extensions for the latches so the ramp leans back 20 degrees. 2" clearance on eithe side

IMG_0106.jpgIMG_0104.jpg
    The F3 must be alittle narrower than an RT. My RT didn't fit into my 5' wide trailer.

Spyder Garage

Default Enclosed trailer

Look at the ProLine trailers. All aluminum and the RT rydes up the loading ramp without a problem. Their web is www.NHTrailers.com. All trailers are made to order and solidly built. I'm on my second, as #1 was totaled when we were rear ended. Great people to deal with in a family owned American company. Good luck!

Spyder Garage

Default 18 ft. V nose enclosed trailer

IMG_20160925_1354271.jpgIMG_20160925_1405144.jpgIMG_20160925_1349110.jpgIMG_20160925_1349223.jpgIMG_20160925_1113394.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    What Kind of trailer does everyone use to transport their Spider? I am looking for one and do not see much that is low enough to do the job.
    The odd time I need to transport my Spyder and Freedom Trailer I use my 18ft v nose enclosed trailer. I have it modified to anchor the Spyder to the wheel chocks bolted to the floor and a custom ball mount in the front v to attach the Freedom Trailer. Could only upload 5 photos here but have others in an album on my profile entitled enclosed trailer.

Richard
    Last edited by Richard Budden; 11-13-2016 at 09:37 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer

Just picked up a 6810 Aluma, previous owner hauled a GoldWing trike and a Harley trike. He modified the trailer by putting 2x6 and 2x10 boards so they wouldn't bottom. Measurements say my 2014 RT will fit width wise (68") and I think the boards will work to raise the frontend enough to keep it from bottoming going on. Best part 2011model paid $1,400 for it.
    2019 Rally , GMUltra Violet

Spyder Garage

Default 6.5 x 10 foot trailer

I just got this a week ago. Because I was replacing a 5x8 trailer and my driveway is already full, I wanted the smallest trailer available with a door wide enough to make it easy to get in. This is a semi-special trailer from CargoMate in Elkhart Indiana. Model number EHW6510SA and is the only 6.5 foot wide trailer I have found. In order to make the opening as wide as possible there is no return on the back walls, instead the door goes all the way to the frame and is 74 inches wide. Because I have family in Elkhart, I drove down and got it at MSI trailers just down the road from the plant. With spare tire, dolly wheel, 6 tie downs with custom made steel backing plates for the tie downs I am less than $3,000.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

You need to consider the conditions you intend to tow through. An open trailer through rain will require a lot of cleaning. Towing through salt laden roads , no comment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default I'm in the market for the ultimate trailer

If you decide to put your ultimate trailer on the market, I'd like a chance at it. I live in Louisiana. I have looked at a tilting trailer, and like the way they load up, but must be stored out side.
    Mike H., Ruston, LA

Quote Originally Posted by 3-togo View Post
    Hello,
    Let me say that the ultimate trailer is high priced and probably worth the money because as an open trailer will protect the ride better than others. The ability to lower the trailer makes loading the easiest of any I'm aware of, however the trailer will take up garage space. If you are strong enough to turn trailer so tongue is facing back of garage, you can drive on and off saving space. My driveway has an incline and is not feasible. I'm considering the drop tail because you can fold halfway or stand on end. Trying to locate one so that I can see how feasible storing the trailer will be before ordering. At this time Droptail is the only foldable trailer available to haul a Spyder. Stinger trailers of Canada and Kendon trailers are working on protypes for Spyder. Suggest you search the three companies for the one that meets your needs. An enclosed trailer by Ironhorse is anthor option. My problem is space. Presently I tow my jeep with my Pleasureway b Van. My wife will not drive van with jeep. So ,I'm going to tow Spyder with jeep. Can't survive the winter in Arizona without my jeep or Spyder. Good hunting and let us know what you decide. Sorry for the long winded dissertation.
    Pete

Spyder Garage

Default Drop tail trailer

Bruce, what year model is your drop tail trailer, condition. What would you want for it, pick up price?
    Mike Hilton, Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Dillon View Post
    We have a drop tail trailer that has been used very little & tows easily behind a motorhome or vehicle. Two years old & we are selling...great shape. We live in our motorhome so decided to get larger trailer to tow both our SUV & Spyder both together.