Spyder Garage

Default wheels and tires

A friend of mine gave me a new set of RT 15"wheels. I would like to put then on my 2011 RT with 14" wheels . What size tire do I need to give me clearence for my fenders ???

Spyder Garage

Are the fenders for the Spyders with 14" wheels exactly the same for both styles of fenders that went on Spyders with 15" wheels - cos if they aren't, it could be anybody's guess as to what'll fit!! You probably won't know until you test fit them!!

Generally, if you go up a rim size & drop a profile size, the rolling dia remains about the same & will usually fit in the same wheel arch/under the same fenders - and I think this is what BRP did when they upgraded to the 15" wheels, but I'm not positive, does anyone know for sure??If that is the case tho, then any sized tire that has been mentioned on this Forum as fitting should work - in my case, I'm running 175/60R15's Kumho KH17's on the front of my 2013 RT Ltd, but that came with the 'new style ' external rib fenders & 15" rims from the factory, altho the stock tire size was 165/50R15......

Oh, & do remember that while many tires may have the same 'nominal' tire size printed on their sidewalls, they aren't necessarily exactly the same size or sometimes even vaguely close to any other wearing that 'nominal' size, so you really need to check the actual physical dimensions of whatever tire you are considering in order to make sure it corresponds with something you know will fit - & the internet based tire size comparison stuff is only applicable to nominal sizes not actual tires!! The actual size info you want will come from the manufacturers published specs on that particular tire - rolling diameter, rolling circumference, revs per mile, even the loading & required pressure details, etc! Have fun.

Spyder Garage

Default wheels and tires

Quote Originally Posted by scaleman View Post
    A friend of mine gave me a new set of RT 15"wheels. I would like to put then on my 2011 RT with 14" wheels . What size tire do I need to give me clearence for my fenders ???
    Since I put this on line I looked into the situation a little more. The 2011 tires are 1" taller than the 2016s, and the 2016 tires are 1" lower than the 2011s. So they bolt right on,and look good.