Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

same thing happened to two dealers that i know of. one honda motorcycle dealer, and the other a chevy dealer. both were screwing with the books to get iron on their lots, and the company pulled their dealerships
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Bombardier is going to layoff 7,500 folks worldwide. So what does that have to do with BRP? Not the same company. Bombardier sold off BRP in 2003.
    thanks yeah saw that one , did not know of the sale off , which is good for spyder cycles !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    You do that. Maybe then you will get your numbers correct.

It is mainly in the train division that the layoffs will happen.

They are planning to hire over 3000 in the aeronautic division

BRP is a separate company to Bombardier.
    thanks for setting me straight ! though the lear jet division , was in the article ... did not know they had a train division

Spyder Garage

A local BRP dealer near here apparently lost their BRP and Honda motorcycle franchises too last spring. Within a few months some one else just down the road started selling BRP products and Honda motorcycles. When I got my Spyder in 2012 there was one dealer within 20 miles, 2 within 70 miles and maybe 2 or 3 more dealers about 100 miles away. As of the last year or so I have 3 Spyder dealers within 50 miles from my home now.

Spyder Garage

For a couple of years my nearest dealer was seven and a half hour ride away, so 15 hour round trip not including the time actually there. Fortunately a good one has now opened only three hours away.

Spyder Garage

Default snow

Did BRP pull Ski Doo too?
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

Default Abandoned by BRP

The same thing happened to our local dealership two weeks after we purchased our F3 last year. We had stopped in to the dealership because we were going to purchase some accessories, we were told, by the dealership, that BRP pulled their Spyder dealership, because too many Spyders were being sold to customers in neighboring counties. The dealership is still a CanAm dealership, but no longer a Spyder dealership, they told us that the Spyder dealership is a separate dealership. This is what we were told by the dealership. Now we have to ride a longer distance to have our Spyder serviced. Now our closest dealership is in Durango Colorado. Makes for a nice ride though, but not very convenient.
    2015 F3 , OEM None Black

Spyder Garage

Businesses close when they don't make money. But, when I was shopping for a Spyder, $25,000, $27,000, and $31,000 was too much for me. When I told the dealer those prices were out of the question, he told me about the 2015 leftovers that were under $20,000 and I agreed to buy. Maybe I didn't help the company too much with my purchase, but I have a Spyder and I hope my dealer stays open. I wish I saw more Spyders on the road, but I believe price has a lot to do with it.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

I wonder what the mark - up is on the spyders ? 25 ooo too 30,ooo a year, or two , later , down too under 20,ooo ? { and I wonder how many get turned off by the 1st and 2nd gear clunk noise ? }

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stovebolt_six View Post
    . . . we were told, by the dealership, that BRP pulled their Spyder dealership, because too many Spyders were being sold to customers in neighboring counties. . . .
    I'm calling BS on that.

I have heard BRP has some quite restrictive conditions for dealers but not that.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    I am in Illinois and there are only two dealerships within a reasonable range.
    You must travel out to the suburbs for service. I don't think there's a dealer in the city, is there?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stovebolt_six View Post
    ... we were told, by the dealership, that BRP pulled their Spyder dealership, because too many Spyders were being sold to customers in neighboring counties.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I'm calling BS on that.

I have heard BRP has some quite restrictive conditions for dealers but not that.
    with PS about the BS!! There are two Spyder dealers here in SW Idaho about 30 miles apart. They both sell in each others backyard.

The Spyder dealership is, as has been said, separate from the other powersports lines. However, if a dealer provides either outstanding service or bad service in the Ski Doo, Sea Doo, and UTV areas, I believe that can be a factor in whether they can or cannot keep the Spyder dealership. But based on discussions with the Can Am rep last fall, and a Can Am, but not Spyder, dealer in my home town area, sales volume is a major factor in whether a Spyder dealer gets and then keeps or loses the Spyder line.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Only 3 Possibilities...

There are really only 3 reasonable possibilities here.

1- Very poor customer service. From SL users feedback this seems unlikely. In any case. There would be a number of warnings, discussions, notifications, etc., over a lengthy period of time. Having their ticket punched and inventory removed would not be 'Without Warning'.

2- Financial issues so bad that BRP had to pull their ticket. But again, there would be a lengthy process involved. If nothing else I am sure the process and results are clearly spelled out in the contractual agreement.

3- Sales so poor that the dealership decided to drop out of the Spyder line. Dealerships can keep the other BRP product lines. Dropping the Spyder makes sense if it is creating a hole in your profit margin. Again, no 'Without Warning' possibility here.

Though there are other UNREASONABLE scenarios possible. I think them very unlikely. BRP has an obligation to the customer and to the product line to remove bad apples. They can't afford to float financially delinquent dealers. And they can't, and should not, block dealerships from dropping a product that isn't bringing a profit.

My guess is that these 2 dealerships do very well in snowmobiles and off road vehicles. The Spyder may not have been a profitable product for them and scenario 3 is the most probable answer.

You may feel abandoned, understandable. But it is probably just a business decision made by the dealerships.

I do not have any inside information. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 10-22-2016 at 11:09 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    There are really only 3 reasonable possibilities here.

1- Very poor customer service. From SL users feedback this seems unlikely. In any case. There would be a number of warnings, discussions, notifications, etc., over a lengthy period of time. Having their ticket punched and inventory removed would not be 'Without Warning'.

2- Financial issues so bad that BRP had to pull their ticket. But again, there would be a lengthy process involved. If nothing else I am sure the process and results are clearly spelled out in the contractual agreement.

3- Sales so poor that the dealership decided to drop out of the Spyder line. Dealerships can keep the other BRP product lines. Dropping the Spyder makes sense if it is creating a hole in your profit margin. Again, no 'Without Warning' possibility here.

Though there are other UNREASONABLE scenarios possible. I think them very unlikely. But BRP has an obligation to the customer and to the product line to remove bad apples. They can't afford to float financially delinquent dealers. And they can't, and should not, block dealerships from dropping a product that isn't bringing a profit.

My guess is that these 2 dealerships do very well in snowmobiles and off road vehicles. The Spyder may not have been a profitable product for them and scenario 3 is the most probable answer.

I do not have any inside information. Just my 2 cents.

Do you know any secrets that you would care to share???? (inside Joke)

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post

Cruzr Joe
    You are going to get me into trouble! Please refer to the last line in my post. I put it there just for you Cruzr Joe!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CapNCrunch View Post
    Well, folks, we, here in Montana have been left "out in the cold".
    Without any notice to Spyder owners, BRP has removed the Spyder inventory from the only two dealers in this state: Great Falls and Kalispell!
    This information comes second hand, from another Spyder owner:
    BRP/CANAM has picked up all Spyders (demos, used and new) from those two dealers. However, one of them at least, has an agreement to continue Spyder service for two years.
    Having been a Spyder owner for six years, I feel betrayed!
    Our closest dealer is in Spokane, Washington, now.
    I've got to wonder if this is going to be a trend!
    CapNCrunch in Stevensville, MT
    : =( : =(
    Would it make you feel any better to know my situation?

I have the only F3 in the state of Hawaii, that I know of, on the island of Kauai to be specific. I would have to spend over $2k in order for me to get it to a dealer and then back home. I don't see there being a BRP dealer in the state in the near or distant future. My one and only advantage is that I was an automotive tech in a previous life, so I took on the challenge. So far, so good.

It's true, I knew this going in and your situation is quite different but just know that it could be worse. I do feel for you but dealers come and go for all kinds of reasons. Unfortunate as it is, it's just life.
    Last edited by HIspyder; 10-22-2016 at 06:55 PM.
    Just another crappy day in Paradise....Aloha!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post

Cruzr Joe
    Hagar the Horrible: What are you so happy about?

Lucky Eddie: I just learned the secret of life!

HtH: Well, aren't you going to tell me the secret?

LE: No, I can't.

HtH: Why not?

LE: Because it's a secret!
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

It may be that Montana's climate isn't very conducive to Spyders, since they don't handle well in snow and ice (i.e., not at all), and Montana has only three seasons: fall, winter, and the Fourth of July.

When I was pulling ICBM crew duty in Montana, when we went to the alert facilities, we had to take our winter parkas and other thermal gear with us from mid-September to the end of May, because the weather was so variable and unpredictable.

I'm guessing the sales just aren't there to warrant a dealership for such a specialized contraption. Off-road four-wheelers, yes, but maybe not Spyders.

Registered Users Whitelightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Could be worse

Dealer search zip code 96789 n/a (spinning wheel). Google maps =5,136 miles to my dealer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
    Dealer search zip code 96789 n/a (spinning wheel). Google maps =5,136 miles to my dealer.
    hahahaha water trip ! I mean uhhhhh road trip ,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CapNCrunch View Post
    Well, folks, we, here in Montana have been left "out in the cold".
    Without any notice to Spyder owners, BRP has removed the Spyder inventory from the only two dealers in this state: Great Falls and Kalispell!
    This information comes second hand, from another Spyder owner:
    BRP/CANAM has picked up all Spyders (demos, used and new) from those two dealers. However, one of them at least, has an agreement to continue Spyder service for two years.
    Having been a Spyder owner for six years, I feel betrayed!
    Our closest dealer is in Spokane, Washington, now.
    I've got to wonder if this is going to be a trend!
    CapNCrunch in Stevensville, MT
    : =( : =(
    Just wondering if the dealer is still in Billings, that is where I bought mine and he was just starting to build a new building in May..
    2015 Can-am Spyder RT Limited no mods

Spyder Garage

Default Yes

Quote Originally Posted by DonDMT View Post
    Just wondering if the dealer is still in Billings, that is where I bought mine and he was just starting to build a new building in May..

According to the BRP website http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/dealer-locator.html
    there is one in Billings.

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP to research two wheel market

I was reading RidinOn magazine, October issue and it quoted BRP officials as working on research to introduce a two wheel product line in order to increase market share.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by youngers View Post
    thanks for setting me straight ! though the lear jet division , was in the article ... did not know they had a train division
    We had a train division here in Vermont.

The train division moved to Plattsburgh, New York in 1995, the main plant. Deanna
    Last edited by Deanna777; 10-23-2016 at 09:58 PM. Reason: updated post @ 10:58 pm.

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Default tending

Well here in North jersey we had one dealer stop selling Spyders . They sold 6 units this year .all 15s and still had over 10 units in crates. they also still had some 14s in crates. BRP told them they had to pre order 30 units. The dealer was in a new win situation, having all of this inventory and limited space and now BRP telling them that they must buy 30 units or else. else meaning we will pull out. The dealer had no option but to tell BRP come get it. BRP is at fault here. I to now have to travel to a dealer I don't like.