Spyder Garage

Default Tent camping along the Blueridge and Maggie valley.

I am planning on heading toward the blueridge and Maggie valley from mobile Alabama the weekend of October 28 and was going to tent camp. I was wondering if I would have a problem finding places to camp once I got there. I really don't have an itenerary and don't want to make plans, I would rather just go! What's your thoughts? It's going to be a quick three day trip but will be fun I hope. This will be the first long trip I have taken the Spyder on and am looking forward to it.

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see....

Back when I did that kind of stuff I usually had a KOA map showing all the camp grounds along the way. I'm sure they have something at AAA as well. You will be in some beautiful country there and should not have any problem finding a camp site....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    I am planning on heading toward the blueridge and Maggie valley from mobile Alabama the weekend of October 28 and was going to tent camp. I was wondering if I would have a problem finding places to camp once I got there. I really don't have an itenerary and don't want to make plans, I would rather just go! What's your thoughts? It's going to be a quick three day trip but will be fun I hope. This will be the first long trip I have taken the Spyder on and am looking forward to it.
    Willville Motorcycle campground mm 170 or so at Meadows of Dan, Va highly recommended. See ya.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

Forgot. On the west end of NC. There is Kickstand motorcycle canpground and Ironhorse MCG at Stecoah, NC. Ironhorse has the best prime rib in Western North Carolina on Saturday nights. Check em on the net...
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Back when I did that kind of stuff I usually had a KOA map showing all the camp grounds along the way. I'm sure they have something at AAA as well. You will be in some beautiful country there and should not have any problem finding a camp site....
    Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Forgot. On the west end of NC. There is Kickstand motorcycle canpground and Ironhorse MCG at Stecoah, NC. Ironhorse has the best prime rib in Western North Carolina on Saturday nights. Check em on the net...

Awesome!! I didnt want to go all that way and not really be able to find a place to lay my head at night.

Thanks for the replies!

Spyder Garage

I have an app on my phone called "Campground Finder" that I have used successfully many times.

Spyder Garage

Default Blue Ridge

On the Blue Ridge PKWY, 10 miles from Bedford, Virginia, is a nive Camp Ground at Peaks of Otter. It also has a 40 room Lodge, Restaurant over looking a Lake. Real popular place. It is 25 miles North of Roanoke. Good Luck.

2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze