Spyder Garage

Default Squeaking shock problem fixed

Thanks for all the help. I pulled the tire and and the shock still had a noise. I don't know if you can say dumb ass on this forum but that's what I am when I installed my stabilizer and bar link rods will I tighten the bar links to tight were they could not move and the lower ball joint on the bar link was seized up so with a little wd40 and work it is good no noise loosened up the other side to. I thought the bike handled good but now it is great. Thanks again for all the help

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default really

Quote Originally Posted by Jbax View Post
    Thanks for all the help. I pulled the tire and and the shock still had a noise. I don't know if you can say dumb ass on this forum but that's what I am when I installed my stabilizer and bar link rods will I tighten the bar links to tight were they could not move and the lower ball joint on the bar link was seized up so with a little wd40 and work it is good no noise loosened up the other side to. I thought the bike handled good but now it is great. Thanks again for all the help
    This makes no sense ...... the " shock " still had a noise ...... so I lubed the ends of bar links and that fixed it !!!!!! ...... THE SHOCK WAS NEVER MAKING NOISE TO BEGIN WITH ...............jmho....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Good to Hear.....

Glad you found the source of your pesky squeak... It is always a good feeling...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Mike, He said that he had the links too tight, he loosened them and had to unseize one of the ball joints, now all is well...
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SQUEAKING SHOCK

Quote Originally Posted by ingramwc View Post
    Mike, He said that he had the links too tight, he loosened them and had to unseize one of the ball joints, now all is well...
    ......Yes and I'm very happy for Him....... but frustrated because He has this problem posted somewhere else and maybe THIS ANSWER should have been posted on that thread ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ......Yes and I'm very happy for Him....... but frustrated because He has this problem posted somewhere else and maybe THIS ANSWER should have been posted on that thread ....... Mike
    Sorry I confused you next time I will text slow so you can keep up. I wanted to tell the guy s thanks for there help and I didn't know if they would read that thread again. Remember what grandma always said every body like a little ass now and then but know body likes a smart ass. Thanks again for the help.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jbax View Post
    Sorry I confused you next time I will text slow so you can keep up. I wanted to tell the guy s thanks for there help and I didn't know if they would read that thread again. Remember what grandma always said every body like a little ass now and then but know body likes a smart ass. Thanks again for the help.
    ........you do realise that YOU have just been a smart ass with your reply above, Jbax ?

.....great to hear your problem has been sorted quickly and easily......that's always the best kind of fix
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    ........you do realise that YOU have just been a smart ass with your reply above, Jbax ?

.....great to hear your problem has been sorted quickly and easily......that's always the best kind of fix
    Lol I know but some people won't to help you on this forum but some just won't to nit pick instead of help. Not just this guy others to on other threads I have read.