Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drift mode

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wondered who would notice that first...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dray View Post
    I have a 2015 F3S with the semi auto and I think I may be missing something in this discussion about Drift Mode. What is it? That said, I can do burn outs anytime I want, I have been side ways at 35 mph in 3rd gear just trying to get out of a cagers way. Pulling away from a stop requires a gentle touch on the throttle or you
    chirp the tire. I am not bragging or complaining but traction has always been a tough nut to handle and riding in the rain requires your full time attention. I am gonna chase down a real good rear tire when the time comes for replacement and maybe sooner than later. I have been juggling the air pressure on the rear to try and see what works best. Feel free to jump in here with opinions/experience and I apologize if I am hi jacking anything.

Dray
    I'm starting to think something is wrong with my 2015 F3-S SE6. I can't get the rear tire to ever break loose. Every now and then I like to have a little extra fun. I came from sport bikes to the F3-S. I had to stop riding sport bikes for medical reasons, but I still have the itch for the sport bike feel.
    2015 Spyder F3-S

Spyder Garage

Is "nanny" (babysitter in my day)some young generational word that means something else to us oldtimers?

15' F3S SE6 owner

Spyder Garage

The 'Nanny' is just a nick-name for the collection of electronic 'aids' that over-sight your ryding & make sure you don't do anything that could cause loss of control - the VSS, ABS, DPS, Roll & Yaw Sensors, & all those other things plus a few of those little added fillips that puzzle some, like the passenger seat sensor.... Collectively, if their 'safe parameters' are breached, any or all of this stuff will intervene in whatever manner they can to avert you becoming a loosely guided lawn dart - they can cut ignition pulse to the engine, in order to reduce power; &/or apply one or more of the brakes to keep all your wheels on the ground during cornering; &/or measure the steering input & decide that at this speed you are unlikely to remain upright if you try to turn that hard & so do whatever is within their collective powers to keep you upright & in control - but they can't overcome innate stupidity on your behalf or the behalf of any other road user!! That, you've gotta watch out for yourself!

Don't you think 'the Nanny' is a good nick-name?? She's only there to ensure your safety, & she's always on the alert, baby-sitting just in case you do something that the Spyder wasn't made to handle!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-28-2017 at 06:06 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    The 'Nanny' is just a nick-name for the collection of electronic 'aids' that over-sight your ryding & make sure you don't do anything that could cause loss of control - the VSS, ABS, DPS, Roll & Yaw Sensors, & all those other things plus a few of those little added fillips that puzzle some, like the passenger seat sensor.... Collectively, if their 'safe parameters' are breached, any or all of this stuff will intervene in whatever manner they can to avert you becoming a loosely guided lawn dart - they can cut ignition pulse to the engine, in order to reduce power; &/or apply one or more of the brakes to keep all your wheels on the ground during cornering; &/or measure the steering input & decide that at this speed you are unlikely to remain upright if you try to turn that hard & so do whatever is within their collective powers to keep you upright & in control - but they can't overcome innate stupidity on your behalf or the behalf of any other road user!! That, you've gotta watch out for yourself!

Don't you think 'the Nanny' is a good nick-name?? She's only there to ensure your safety, & she's always on the alert, baby-sitting just in case you do something that the Spyder wasn't made to handle!
    That is probably the best explanation of what the nanny is and what she does. Well done.