Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nice review....

Spyder Garage

The 2017 Accessories/ parts catalogue shows a top trunk available for the 2016 F3T.....so if you really love this appendage hanging off the back, plunk down $1500!!

Spyder Garage

Default A Wish for Chupaca

While we are talking about wishes for the future, here's one for Chupaca (and several others)... An RS/ST replacement, with a new, more efficient engine, that has the same fun riding characteristics and nimble feeling. Without a crystal ball of my own, I can't call that a "prediction", but it sure would be nice to see.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    While I agree with you: When you're in a video (and posing as someone with a valued opinion...): it's best to try to always set a good example for others out there.
    If I were riding with Pierre, and he just wanted to wear some Oakleys and a jockstrap... I'd have no problem with it...
    (As long as I was leading... )
    Bob, I will pay your lodging at Spyderfest if you do the ride all the way there in nothing but Oakley's and a jock strap!
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Default If only.....

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    While we are talking about wishes for the future, here's one for Chupaca (and several others)... An RS/ST replacement, with a new, more efficient engine, that has the same fun riding characteristics and nimble feeling. Without a crystal ball of my own, I can't call that a "prediction", but it sure would be nice to see.
    So few of us I guess, so it will all fall on deaf ears.... but one can still have hope....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    Bob, I will pay your lodging at Spyderfest if you do the ride all the way there in nothing but Oakley's and a jock strap!
    Hi Chris!
    If I did that: there'd be tens of thousands of folks irreparably harmed forever!

https://youtu.be/bxUfg3uCBbg

Spyder Garage

Don't Look, Ethel !!!
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default I see....

You done it on a two wheeler now you need to see the difference on a three wheeler...BBBB ( Bare Bones Biker Bob)
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vegasf3t View Post
    The F3 was introduced as a cruiser. This looks like an RT with this large top case. Losing the low profile sporty look that drew me to the F3T .
    Doesn't work for me.
    But the top case come off!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default You can

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    I have to agree. If I wanted another RT, I would have bought another RT. I hope you can still buy the F3 Limited without the top case.
    It's an F3T
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    You done it on a two wheeler now you need to see the difference on a three wheeler...BBBB ( Bare Bones Biker Bob)
    I ride with a W I d e bucket seat under my bottom for a reason!

Spyder Garage

Default It will be interesting

As many of you know there has been a big shake up at BRP and much is in flux. A lot of the management team dealing with the Spyder line have been sent packing. There will be many changes coming down the line. Spyder has been spun off as a separate business group at BRP and a newSVP has been appointed to run the business group. Coincedently she used to work for Oakley. The Spyder line continues to be a money looser! I hope this new strategy turns the group around or could we see the end of the line coming soon???? There will be new sales and marketing strategy employed soon to try and invigorate the product line. I am too sure we can count on a lot of dramatic changes to the product, but that remains to be seen. Stay tuned and see what the future holds!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    Bob, I wouldn't look . . . . not much!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    As many of you know there has been a big shake up at BRP and much is in flux. A lot of the management team dealing with the Spyder line have been sent packing. There will be many changes coming down the line. Spyder has been spun off as a separate business group at BRP and a newSVP has been appointed to run the business group. Coincedently she used to work for Oakley. The Spyder line continues to be a money looser! I hope this new strategy turns the group around or could we see the end of the line coming soon???? There will be new sales and marketing strategy employed soon to try and invigorate the product line. I am too sure we can count on a lot of dramatic changes to the product, but that remains to be seen. Stay tuned and see what the future holds!
    I had not heard about that. Thanks.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Google

Google BRP news! September 29th.

Spyder Garage

Default Oh no..!! 🏊

It's sink or swim time... hope the new management is good cause there is a lot of stuff going on out there in the three wheel world...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Spyder has always occupied the tiniest niche in the market: three-wheeled motorcycles.
    The question becomes: do they grow their market, or expand out of it?

"Bob, I wouldn't look . . . . not much! "
    Patti,
    I'd hate to see you be blinded!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 10-19-2016 at 10:26 AM.

Spyder Garage

I guess I have to comment a bit on this. I have had the feeling of the end being near or big changes coming. The dropping of the RS lineup, the discontinuation of the 998 twin, and the "leaning" and "meaning" of the current line up are all indicators of things on the horizon.

The RT is in much need of a design re-do. The 1330 engine was indeed a major improvement. The F3 configuration becoming a "universal" with a "make it yours" is a good idea, but not everyone likes the ride of the F3. I do not believe the line will survive if they just go to the F3 configuration.

We have already had one dealer discontinue the whole line here in Alaska. The other dealer with two locations has went from a sales unit at both to sales at one and service only at the other. The service unit does not have trained techs and they are not planning on doing so. Based on that, I was beginning to see the handwriting on the wall--way before the announcement above.

The good news---there is a big party planned for next summer in Valcourt. They should have their plans sorted out by then. There is a large possibility of new iron, but that remains to be seen. Bad news at the party would really tick off a whole bunch of people. Just one persons thoughts and I hope the crystal ball is OFF.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I had not heard about that. Thanks.
    I think they would sell a lot more if they were not so overpriced just one mans opinion[emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Thanks Bob! Now, how do I get that image unburned/outa my brain??
    Kraut “Not all who wander are lost” – J.R.R. Tolkien

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not to worry:
    This stuff is industrial strength, and is sold in 55 gallon drums also!
    mindbleach.jpg
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 10-20-2016 at 05:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Hope there is something good there....

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I guess I have to comment a bit on this. I have had the feeling of the end being near or big changes coming. The dropping of the RS lineup, the discontinuation of the 998 twin, and the "leaning" and "meaning" of the current line up are all indicators of things on the horizon.

The RT is in much need of a design re-do. The 1330 engine was indeed a major improvement. The F3 configuration becoming a "universal" with a "make it yours" is a good idea, but not everyone likes the ride of the F3. I do not believe the line will survive if they just go to the F3 configuration.

We have already had one dealer discontinue the whole line here in Alaska. The other dealer with two locations has went from a sales unit at both to sales at one and service only at the other. The service unit does not have trained techs and they are not planning on doing so. Based on that, I was beginning to see the handwriting on the wall--way before the announcement above.

The good news---there is a big party planned for next summer in Valcourt. They should have their plans sorted out by then. There is a large possibility of new iron, but that remains to be seen. Bad news at the party would really tick off a whole bunch of people. Just one persons thoughts and I hope the crystal ball is OFF.
    Be a bummer if all those folks going there for the ten year anniversary only find out they are there for the end... but then if there is nothing they would have sent everyone a 10 year pin.... but if the F3 is the crusier, and the F3 LTD replaces the ST they will still need the nimble sport model....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Be a bummer if all those folks going there for the ten year anniversary only find out they are there for the end... but then if there is nothing they would have sent everyone a 10 year pin.... but if the F3 is the crusier, and the F3 LTD replaces the ST they will still need the nimble sport model....
    My words are based on speculation after much thought. The engine that drives situations like this is profit. I don't have access to P & L's so don't know if the situation is dire or not. The fact that they have changed out some marketing people is good in my opinion. Many times I have come away with "What were they thinking?" The Sturgis reveal comes to mind. How many triple blacks did they sell and did they make a profit on that one?

A scary situation for many of us. I have invested almost $150K in the product since its inception. It has been a good ride, it still is a good ride, but will there be future good rides? No problem if another major manufacturer comes out with similar.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's no need to worry about the future...

It's gonna get here, whether you like it, or not!

Time will tell the tale...