Spyder Garage

Default Attach battery tender for winter....

I searched the threads and didn't find an answer.... for my 2010 RT, can I attach the battery tender to the positive - negative terminals under the seat or do I have to attach it to the battery itself? Getting to the battery means that I need to remove the panels to get to it.... first winter I've owned my Spyder....
    Jim

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy66 View Post
    I searched the threads and didn't find an answer.... for my 2010 RT, can I attach the battery tender to the positive - negative terminals under the seat or do I have to attach it to the battery itself? Getting to the battery means that I need to remove the panels to get to it.... first winter I've owned my Spyder....
    Jim
    You can go under the seat. BUT, since you have a 2010, the power plug in the rear trunk is hot all the time. So, you can also get the cigarette lighter attachment for your battery tender and just plug in there. A little more convenient.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Default Tender

I just bought a 2012 RT and it has the tender pigtail attached under the seat. I thought I read somewhere this is a problem, that it should be connected to the battery. Aren't the posts under the seat where you could charge or boost if necessary? Thanks

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by beef56 View Post
    I just bought a 2012 RT and it has the tender pigtail attached under the seat. I thought I read somewhere this is a problem, that it should be connected to the battery. Aren't the posts under the seat where you could charge or boost if necessary? Thanks
    They're fine and you can. Those are directly connected to the battery. You just don't want to loosen up that negative connection unless you already have the properly bent wrench, or unless the side panel is already off.

You don't want to charge or boost using the power plug in the rear trunk though. The fuse won't handle that. But it will handle a battery tender beautifully.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 10-16-2016 at 02:04 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Go right to the top trunk, and plug it in there: easy-peasey!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have my 2012 RT Plugged in the rear trunk for over 4 years and the battery is still Fine.
    The RT Takes More Current sitting unused than the old style GS or my New 2015 F3 so I have always had it plugged in when not in use.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I use this in the rear top case. About as easy as it gets.

https://smile.amazon.com/Battery-Ten...ighter+adapter
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

My vote is for the use of the plug in the rear trunk. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL