Spyder Garage

Default Ryde the Devil's Highway

Saturday October 22nd to 23rd. We are going to Ryde the Arizona Devils Highway. We will head out of Tucson to Three Way Arizona where we... take Route 191 (Old Route 666) and Ryde the couple more hours to Alpine. This ryde will not be a rush to get where we are going. We have plans every hour or so to stop off and enjoy some scenery, take pictures, hydrate, etc. Most of us will be staying overnight at the Hi Mountain Lodge in Alpine and riding the New Mexico side back on Sunday. If you were not interested in the overnight and wanted to head back you certainly could. We will be meeting Saturday the 22nd at 10am along the I-10 and Houghton exit on the Southwest corner Park and Ride. From there we will ride to Benson to meet another couple ryders at the Benson Travel Center gas station at the intersection on I-10 and Hwy 92 at 10:30. We will gas up and depart by 10:45 sharp. If you plan on joining and have not let me know yet, please do. As I want to make sure we have all accounted for. So far we have three Spyders and a Slingshot committed. Come join us. See ya then!

Spyder Garage

I have ridden US 191 from Alpine to Morenci( and beyond) and found it more intense then The Dragon,because it goes on longer and there is so much to see where on the Dragon I couldn't see past the trees. I really enjoyed US 191 and need to go back and do it again. Enjoy your ride. BTW there is a Texas BBQ place on the south end of Morenci that is great if you have never stopped there give it a try.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

We rode the Devils Hwy a couple years ago from Alpine all the way down to Douglas. Nice ride and trip. When we went there was quite a bit of dirt and gravel on the roads just north of Morenci. Thought the copper mines were real neat, and the size of them are huge up close.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Would love to come over from Mesa but will not be able to on this one. I hope to see some east valley and Tucson rides.
    Thanks for posting this one.
    Kenn

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kbwitt View Post
    Would love to come over from Mesa but will not be able to on this one. I hope to see some east valley and Tucson rides.
    Thanks for posting this one.
    Kenn
    Follow our Facebook page " Tucson Area Spyder Ryders". Otherwise send me your email and I can add you to our communications. Most of what we do does not make it onto this site.

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a great ride. Always had that ride in the back of my mind. Just because.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Devil's Hwy

Quote Originally Posted by Jwenzen View Post
    Saturday October 22nd to 23rd. We are going to Ryde the Arizona Devils Highway. We will head out of Tucson to Three Way Arizona where we... take Route 191 (Old Route 666) and Ryde the couple more hours to Alpine. This ryde will not be a rush to get where we are going. We have plans every hour or so to stop off and enjoy some scenery, take pictures, hydrate, etc. Most of us will be staying overnight at the Hi Mountain Lodge in Alpine and riding the New Mexico side back on Sunday. If you were not interested in the overnight and wanted to head back you certainly could. We will be meeting Saturday the 22nd at 10am along the I-10 and Houghton exit on the Southwest corner Park and Ride. From there we will ride to Benson to meet another couple ryders at the Benson Travel Center gas station at the intersection on I-10 and Hwy 92 at 10:30. We will gas up and depart by 10:45 sharp. If you plan on joining and have not let me know yet, please do. As I want to make sure we have all accounted for. So far we have three Spyders and a Slingshot committed. Come join us. See ya then!
    Have done this ride several times in a cage, on two wheels and now on June 2nd-4th, doing it again, but this time on my new Spyder. I ride with the Southern AZ Spyder Riders, the American Legion Riders (Post 24 Tombstone) and the Veteran Riders & Friends groups. Looking for people who like to ride and do weekend trips, week long trips, 14 day trips. Would love to do a 30 day trip, but I have a house to look after too.

Spyder Garage

Default someday

sounds like another bucket list trip.

Spyder Garage

I have heard Dragon Tail is better maintained, but that's it. The New Mexico parallel side of this is highly patrolled, AZ side seems more loose and lets you enjoy vehicle handling. Fresh tar snakes and hot days need caution, they poor them thick.
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Can some one tell me how long it takes to go from Clifton/Morceni to Alpine at a safe speed not pushing all the corners.

I am trying to determine if I can go from Elfrida up to Clifton and then to Alpine in one normal day without having to push to hard.

Google maps is telling me 2.30 Elfrida to Clifton and then about another 2.30 Clifton to Alpine. I am 75 years old so pushing much longer than that is really gonna be hard for me.

Spyder Garage

Clifton to Alpine is more like 4 hours. Some of the corners are 15 mph and it is close to 100 miles. Go easy, plan for it to be a long day and enjoy the scenery......