Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Free Roundtrip airfare to Florida!! Only serious Spyder MOD do-it-yourselfer's apply!

Okay.....you guys post so many cool mods that you have done to your bikes. There are some really, really gifted gear heads on this forum. I am definitely impressed.

First let me say.....I am a girl....secondly.....I am not mechanically inclined. It's amazing to read about your work and I admire the fact most of you are doing the work yourselves. Cudo's!!!

So I have about 8 mods I want to do, have the money for the parts, but don't want to get hosed at a dealer for installation. Most of my mod needs are after market so the dealer would probably screw it up anyway. If any of you mechanical junkies live near me and want to help.....I'LL PAY YOU.

If nobody lives near me then I am offering a round trip ticket (instead of pay) to Jacksonville Florida to get my mods installed with precision by a "Spyder Mod Guru do-it-yourself-er". Free vacation to Jacksonville Florida? I live 6 miles from the beach, have an in ground pool and a billiard room. I'd love to meet one of you techies personally. And yes, I have a boyfriend in case you were going to ask :-)

Lisa
    Last edited by 0228lisa; 04-02-2009 at 05:52 PM.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm 3 hours away...
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    I'm 3 hours away...

read the last sentence

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 0228lisa View Post
    ... And yes, I have a boyfriend in case you were going to ask :-)

Lisa
    You might have been better off by not including this.

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    You might have been better off by not including this.

It would be kinda hard to hide a 6'3" 230 pound hunk under my bed!!!

Spyder Garage

Don't you have a closet?

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    Don't you have a closet?

He wouldn't enjoy listening But is glad if I get some Spyder enthusiast to do the stuff he's not really interested in doing.

Spyder Garage

[quote=********;85130]I know exactly how you feel about getting your mods done and not getting ripped off!

I went to 4 different so called motorcycle mechanics this week alone and three of them had never even seen a spyder before!

The one guy who said he would do it said I would have to wait at least three weeks before he could get around to putting mods on my bike.

So I have three options at this time.

1. Keep looking for more mechanics who have the time and knowledge to do the work!

2. Pay the amount of 1,000.00 to some mechanic who thinks he's "Yoda"!

3. Wait till the end of June and hope that Lamont, Brian, Deb, or some of the other spyder riders that are coming to LA can help me and won't charge me an arm and a leg.

"And I promise to keep my 225 pound Great Dane under the bed"[/

With all that really cool stuff in your house I would have thought that you of all people had "connections". See.....there really is a need for this. Surprised LaMonte sp? hasn't had this come up before.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    With all that really cool stuff in your house I would have thought that you of all people had "connections". See.....there really is a need for this. Surprised LaMonte sp? hasn't had this come up before.
    we people do have connections so let me know when you want me to put you on TV!

But in the meantime no one knows jack in this neighborhood because not many people even know the spyder exsists!

And although the Lost in Space robot and Robby are mobile, there memory banks haven't been updated on spyder research and repair!

But what great mechanics they would be.....[/quote]

How about ole Jay maybe he has some connections that can help you out local?!?

If I was closer i would definately help ya out on what i know how to do LOL. But i'm sure the folks who are able to make it out to the BRP Event will help ya out
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zzneonzz View Post

But in the meantime no one knows jack in this neighborhood because not many people even know the spyder exsists!

And although the Lost in Space robot and Robby are mobile, there memory banks haven't been updated on spyder research and repair!

But what great mechanics they would be.....

If I was closer i would definately help ya out on what i know how to do LOL. But i'm sure the folks who are able to make it out to the BRP Event will help ya out [/quote]

What BRP event is that? Near here?

Spyder Garage

You need to find you a 6'3" 230 pound hunk that can work on Spyders.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post

3. Wait till the end of June and hope that Lamont, Brian, Deb, or some of the other spyder riders that are coming to LA can help me and won't charge me an arm and a leg.
    I want more than a arm and a leg, I want the whole Terminator.
    [IMG]http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss2/********333/IMG_6131-1.jpg[/IMG]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zzneonzz View Post

But what great mechanics they would be.....

If I was closer i would definately help ya out on what i know how to do LOL. But i'm sure the folks who are able to make it out to the BRP Event will help ya out [/quote]

No offense but who is ole Jay? Didn't see that name in the member list.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    You need to find you a 6'3" 230 pound hunk that can work on Spyders.

Exactly - what good is a 'hunk' if he can't fix yer spyder -

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Exactly - what good is a 'hunk' if he can't fix yer spyder -
    I'll let you figure that one out

Spyder Garage

The PM's I am getting want to know the mods I need installed. They are: better grips, the trunk spring everybody's been posting about, great sound, adjustment of the grip angle more towards the rider, fog lights, riser, anti vibrate, better peg mounts, upgraded wheels, heat to go under my seat, and a TINY bit more noise in the muffler.

Any other questions just let me know.....

Spyder Garage

The PM's I am getting want to know the mods I need installed. They are: better grips, the trunk spring everybody's been posting about, great sound, adjustment of the grip angle more towards the rider, fog lights, riser, anti vibrate, better peg mounts, upgraded wheels, heat to go under my seat, and a TINY bit more noise in the muffler.

Any other questions just let me know.....
    Explain to a boy from Michigan why a girl from Florida needs heat under the seat. That one has be stumped. Is it related to why you folks down there wear Eddie Bauer parkas whenever it drops below 60?
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Explain to a boy from Michigan why a girl from Florida needs heat under the seat. That one has be stumped. Is it related to why you folks down there wear Eddie Bauer parkas whenever it drops below 60?
    -Scotty
    Shouldn't providing that heat be something her hunk does?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hey lisa, - I might be able to help some I live in orange park so give me a call maybe saturday we take a look at what you need done. - I call you friday afternoon or you call me which ever happens first.

- Larry

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cundiffla View Post
    Hey lisa, - I might be able to help some I live in orange park so give me a call maybe saturday we take a look at what you need done. - I call you friday afternoon or you call me which ever happens first.

- Larry

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    -Scotty
    Hahaha .... good question Scotty. And I thought my butt is plenty toasty with that hot exaust pipe under the seat even March in New England. I need to figure out a way to tame that heat by wrapping the pipe like Lamonster did.

Lisa got some serious mods she wants to do there. The sound system alone is a biggie. But a few eaiser ones like Hindle and vibe are 5 min. jobs. I say you need to get your hunk better trained there.
    Last edited by M2Wild; 04-03-2009 at 07:02 AM.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yet getting the job done by a dealer or local mechanic may still be cheaper than a round trip ticket!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bersquack View Post
    Yet getting the job done by a dealer or local mechanic may still be cheaper than a round trip ticket!
    I don't trust those guys to do a good job. Too many posts on here about mechanics that don't know their butt from a hole in the ground.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cundiffla View Post

- Larry
    Sounds good. I also need help in selecting the best mod for the job. There are so many aftermarket mods available. I'll start reading through the technical forum. You guys let me know what I need?? Let's start with sound system.