Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question Silencer too loud

Thinking of changing the Akrapovic Straight Shot Silencer back to the stock one on my F3S because it is too loud. Has anyone have experience with the sound level between the two silencers, is the stock one quieter?

Spyder Garage

The stock one is very quiet, until you get up in the rev range then it has a little bit of a bark.
    I have the Akrapovic from an RT Triple, it has a very nice tone, a little deeper than the straight shot,
    and it is also longer, so the noise leaves the muffler closer to the rear of the Spyder.
    Not a great pic below, but you should be able to see the difference in length.
    Blue Rims.jpg
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    The stock one is very quiet, until you get up in the rev range then it has a little bit of a bark.
    I have the Akrapovic from an RT Triple, it has a very nice tone, a little deeper than the straight shot,
    and it is also longer, so the noise leaves the muffler closer to the rear of the Spyder.
    Not a great pic below, but you should be able to see the difference in length.
    Blue Rims.jpg
    Thanks for the info Colin. I will definitely change it, don't want the dog to get hearing damage when she come with me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I can't hear anything anymore
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I can't hear anything anymore
    Waddya say?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    Thinking of changing the Akrapovic Straight Shot Silencer back to the stock one on my F3S because it is too loud. Has anyone have experience with the sound level between the two silencers, is the stock one quieter?
    I go deaf with Akrapovic Straight Shot and cat delete pipe

Spyder Garage

Default It's Not The Akrapovic

Someone removed the catalytic converter. Wrong...

We have the Aker with cat (the way it is meant to be) and it is a beautiful, muted sound that is so superior to standard.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor G View Post

We have the Aker with cat (the way it is meant to be) and it is a beautiful, muted sound that is so superior to standard.
    Do you see a performance difference or a mpg difference with the cat delete and Aker silencer?
    Brian Kay - Kennesaw, GA
    2014 RT-S SM6 Pearl White (KHAOS)
    TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Lights - TricLED Turn Signals - TricLED Side Fender Lights - Airhawk R Seat Pad - Smoothspyder Belt Tensioner - JT's Dash Mount - JT's USB and 12v Power Unit - Stebel 139dB Multi Sound Horn - Lamonster NBV Highway Pegs - BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors - Cal-Sci Stock Extra Wide Windshield - Baja Ron Sway Bar - WrapMySpyder 1330 Triple decals - Ultimate Tallboy Seat - BRP Sat Radio - ELKA Stage 2 Front Shocks

Spyder Garage

Something is amiss then. was the primary muffler removed as well? I have the Akra SSS as well but kept the primary muffler in place and absolutely love the sound. Def more aggressive than stock but nowhere near too loud!

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor G View Post

It was installed by the dealer so it should be ok. The cat is still there so it is only a straight swap with the stock one. I am not worrying about what sound it makes as long as it is quieter.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    Something is amiss then. was the primary muffler removed as well? I have the Akra SSS as well but kept the primary muffler in place and absolutely love the sound. Def more aggressive than stock but nowhere near too loud!
    Everything is standard Can-am parts. It was installed by the dealer when I bought it new. As I said before I want it to be quieter so the dog is comfortable. I got the stock silencer here so when I swap it I can compare. If the sound level is the same I can always change it back.

Spyder Garage

Everything is standard Can-am parts. It was installed by the dealer when I bought it new. As I said before I want it to be quieter so the dog is comfortable. I got the stock silencer here so when I swap it I can compare. If the sound level is the same I can always change it back.
    What I am referring to is the "primary" muffler (the larger shiny thing underneath) to which the secondary muffler (the Akrapovic) attaches. If the primary was removed and a bypass pipe installed, it will be a LOT louder than just the Akrapovic by itself....

Chuck

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    What I am referring to is the "primary" muffler (the larger shiny thing underneath) to which the secondary muffler (the Akrapovic) attaches. If the primary was removed and a bypass pipe installed, it will be a LOT louder than just the Akrapovic by itself....
    Yes, the larger shiny thing is still underneath, there is no bypass pipe.

Spyder Garage

Yes, the larger shiny thing is still underneath, there is no bypass pipe.
    Then I'm afraid your only option is to go back to the stock unit as there are no baffles made for the Akra....

Chuck