Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member Bam Bam and Pebbles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default MEETING BLUEKNIGHT911 OR DID I????

I said I had another post to write about my Maggie Valley swim adventures, and here it is. (I know you all have been on pins and needles LOL) I met everyone's favorite(???) cantankerous forum member, Mike, AKA Blueknight911. Now we have all seen Mike's posts, and he is an opinionated person who writes what he thinks, and if you don't like it, too bad. But I gotta tell you, after meeting him, I believe that maybe somebody else writes his posts. Maybe there is another Blueknight911? The Mike I met was possibly the most agreeable, nice, thoughtful, and kind person you could ever want to meet. He invited me into his palatial RV, while we waited for the rain to stop so we could kill the twisties. We talked for a few hours while waiting, and all he had to say was nice things about everyone on SL. I tried to get him to start ranting about tires, or oil, but he would not take the bait. He told me he thought KENDA tires were really very good and well worth the money. I gotta be honest with you, I spit out my Mtn Dew on that one. So the question is, did I meet Mike, or an imposter? I have attached a photo of Mike and his incredibly luxurious RV. I gotta admit, the man sure knows how to travel.

IMG_0423.jpg

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default You did....

I never have but know you did....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default The Real Mike

You met the real Mike. ...who, by the way, doesn't own a computer. That's his "evil twin" who posts messages on Spyderlovers.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup; that's our Mike...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I first met Mike at SQ a couple years ago. I didn't realize it was him until later and I would have thought it was a different guy. I agree Mike is a kind and friendly guy.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Now I don't know what to think? If Mike said "Kenda tires are really very good and well worth the money".

I personally like kenda's not for the mileage but for the safety.

Just goes to show you "you can't judge a man by what he writes". It's his RV that set's him apart from the

"Herd"!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice Mike!

Heck, I'll go you all one better! I went on a ryde with him, even had lunch, and later that evening finally realized who he was based upon some of his comments. I agree, it is like there are two different Mikes. The in person Mike was very nice, laid back, and I would have never believed the two would be the same person!
    He was taking the twisties much faster than we were (we were ryding 2 up) and would stop occasionally to let us catch up!

Spyder Garage

Default Blueknight911

​They say everyone has a doppelganger, Mike's runs the computer @ home. The real Mike is kind, considerate, loyal (oh that's a boy scout) But seriously Mike is a seriously nice guy who would give you the shirt off his back and cook you a gourmet meal while ya wait. And he does like to run the twisties quickly and efficiently. Great ride guide and host superb. Hope to hook up with him again next fall @ Spyderquest 2017!!

All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default And the REAL MIKE

is an incredible host and gourmet cook. Oh yeah heck of a tour guide in his area.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you guys let his head get any bigger: he's gonna need to buy a new helmet...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    If you guys let his head get any bigger: he's gonna need to buy a new helmet...
    He wouldn't buy a new one. He'd figure out how to modify his to make it fit. Maybe ear holes, elastic around to neck, etc. He' make it look good, too, and offer his services to do the same to anyone else's helmet!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Not much I can add except for

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

sure lives in a small house
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    He wouldn't buy a new one. He'd figure out how to modify his to make it fit. Maybe ear holes, elastic around to neck, etc. He' make it look good, too, and offer his services to do the same to anyone else's helmet!
    I think that he'd buy something that he could eat, when he was done with it!

Watermelon-helmet-wearing-funny-people-images-pictures-photos-14.jpg

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default DAMN

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam and Pebbles View Post
    I said I had another post to write about my Maggie Valley swim adventures, and here it is. (I know you all have been on pins and needles LOL) I met everyone's favorite(???) cantankerous forum member, Mike, AKA Blueknight911. Now we have all seen Mike's posts, and he is an opinionated person who writes what he thinks, and if you don't like it, too bad. But I gotta tell you, after meeting him, I believe that maybe somebody else writes his posts. Maybe there is another Blueknight911? The Mike I met was possibly the most agreeable, nice, thoughtful, and kind person you could ever want to meet. He invited me into his palatial RV, while we waited for the rain to stop so we could kill the twisties. We talked for a few hours while waiting, and all he had to say was nice things about everyone on SL. I tried to get him to start ranting about tires, or oil, but he would not take the bait. He told me he thought KENDA tires were really very good and well worth the money. I gotta be honest with you, I spit out my Mtn Dew on that one. So the question is, did I meet Mike, or an imposter? I have attached a photo of Mike and his incredibly luxurious RV. I gotta admit, the man sure knows how to travel.

IMG_0423.jpg
    ....CRAP ... I just wrote 500 + words in answer to this wonderful post and then HIT A WRONG FREAKING KEY ......and GONE .... I just got in from a 25 hr drive and just can't re-type it now ......But Thanks Bam Bam and to all the other Posters for their kind words ...... you really made my day ........Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ....CRAP ... I just wrote 500 + words in answer to this wonderful post and then HIT A WRONG FREAKING KEY ......and GONE .... I just got in from a 25 hr drive and just can't re-type it now ......But Thanks Bam Bam and to all the other Posters for their kind words ...... you really made my day ........Mike
    I just hate it when that happens. Your most ingenious prose, like the lost chord, can never be recreated. Problem is, no one ever gets to see just how wonderfully eloquent you are!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Mike's camper also carries his bike in the back. He takes the nose off, that takes him 10 minutes, rides it up and since the back sticks out a little, he has cut the back doors to fit the Spyder profile. Not too shabby!

I am surprised that Jack was the only one who mentioned the Kenda comment, because that was a joke. (Kinda like the rear Kendas) There were actually a number of jokes in my original post. We both thought that most people wouldn't believe a word I wrote. Mike really is a very nice person, and I had a great time just talking to him. I am glad you got home okay Mike! Hope to ride with you at some point!

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I think that he'd buy something that he could eat, when he was done with it!

Watermelon-helmet-wearing-funny-people-images-pictures-photos-14.jpg
    Mike would probably have to wear a tin foil hat over that watermelon.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Mike is a good guy
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

You all are getting a little "Syrupy" here. Your just gonna embare--ass Mike and it will take years to get rid

of the blush! No way for manly men on manly Spyders to act!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TRIP HOME

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam and Pebbles View Post
    Mike's camper also carries his bike in the back. He takes the nose off, that takes him 10 minutes, rides it up and since the back sticks out a little, he has cut the back doors to fit the Spyder profile. Not too shabby!

I am surprised that Jack was the only one who mentioned the Kenda comment, because that was a joke. (Kinda like the rear Kendas) There were actually a number of jokes in my original post. We both thought that most people wouldn't believe a word I wrote. Mike really is a very nice person, and I had a great time just talking to him. I am glad you got home okay Mike! Hope to ride with you at some point!
    Ditto on the getting home thing ..... glad you did also, just woke up from a NAP, but still a bit loopy from the drive..... 25 hrs. with just a 2 1/2 hr. nap this am ......back in the day I remember driving straight down to Daytona Beach Fla. and then staying up to enjoy the day ......Oh to be 20 again ................... Bye now........and Thanks again for all the kind words ......Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

You all are getting a little "Syrupy" here. Your just gonna embare--ass Mike and it will take years to get rid

Jack
    True Dat Jack. How is this? Mike is one big son of a who needs to think before he spouts off on one of his rants.

That better?

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Jack
    Bromance.jpg

Spyder Garage

Darn it...we were so busy checking people in at registration, etc. that I didn't really get to 'meet' anyone! Next time we need name tags with Spyderlovers handles.

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)

Spyder Garage

Two blueknight 911? I don't think Lamonster would allow 2 different people to use the same user name, or would he! Is this the same Mike that installs the gas tank doors on the seats?
    Is this the mike that has the conac rt with the dashboard painted the same color of the bike?
    Will the real Mike stand up, please!