Spyder Garage

Default Mirror vibration fix

Not sure this will help everyone, but it fixed my vibration.
    Had mirror off while I was doing addressing another issue. So I decided to look at the right mirror that had a vibration. I noticed on the upper clip on the mirror there were two screws, just like the two lower clips. But I noticed that the upper clip had three holes . Assuming they left the screw out on the left hole , for easier attaching. I removed the top screw and put it in the left side hole that had none. This eliminated some of the flexibility of the plastic insert. Put mirror back on. Took it for a drive , no more vibrating mirror. It is a little harder to get back on , because of the less flexibility of that plastic piece.
    If anyone else has the same issue, check to see how many screws in the top clip.
    Hope this helps someone.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It also never hurts to make sure that your mounting pins are all nice and straight...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Don't have a vibration but while traveling through a construction area on grooved pavement the right mirror started squeaking
    Last edited by 5Wheels; 10-07-2016 at 07:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. My right mirror vibrates and drives me nuts. I will have to give this a try.

Spyder Garage

The only time my mirrors vibrate is when the "upper pellet" has cracked. It has happened, three times in 25,000 miles.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Mirrors vibrating

Didn't someone on here recently post some pictures and a way to fasten the mirrors securely???

This would be a nice product in a kit form for someone to produce and market to cure these mirrors vibrating and falling off...

Spyder Garage

I had the same issue. easy fix. just replace the bracket with a new one and all the holes take a screw.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

After you take the mirrors off a few times, sometimes little pieces of plastic break off and make it impossible to hold the mirror like a new one. I went to cheap cycle parts and got a new one. It was my right one also.
    Last edited by AY4B; 10-08-2016 at 07:06 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

You also need to pay attention to what screw goes where. I think the upper right one is slightly different. There are 5 screws total I think. the upper right has a larger head.
    Last edited by AY4B; 10-08-2016 at 07:11 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

If you are missing screws, while you are ordering the bracket, get the missing screws also. I had a few missing after taking mine apart so many times. No telling where they go. Sometimes I have a few left over and I have to go back in and figure out where I left them out.
    2017 F3 Limited