Spyder Garage

Default Best Gopro mount?

Thinking of getting the the new Gopro Hero 5 Black. What is the best handlebar mount available for my 2016 F3t?

Spyder Garage

Default GoPro

Quote Originally Posted by Vegasf3t View Post
    Thinking of getting the the new Gopro Hero 5 Black. What is the best handlebar mount available for my 2016 F3t?
    I've got the Hero 4 and I mount it on either the Lt or Rt above the headlights using the suction cup mount and use the Bluetooth to my IPhone to control the camera, I use the Ram mount from Lamonster for my IPhone. It's a good setup. The Hero 4 and 5 are almost the same just the 5 has a few more features over the 4.
    I also have the stick on mounts in various positions on the bike, I also use my GoPro 2 facing rearward so I can reach it to turn it on and off. The GoPro is one awesome camera. Good Luck

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..

Ram has a wide assortment of mounts that will work on your spyder...I have an RS and finally ended up with a mirror mount. Works for the gopro or gps as well.
    20160324_125334.jpg
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool Lamonster all the way!

I have Lamont's handle bar mount and would highly recommend it.
    Ram mount.jpg

Spyder Garage

I tried an adhesive mount on my helmet. Ok....not great. Ordered a Ram u-bolt mount for handlebars.

Spyder Garage

Default GOPro

I use the mount from JT's Machine Shop and Spyder Accessories, one of the site sponsors. It's easy to install, on the dash behind the windscreen, and it provides 5 different angles for your device, and/or you can install additional devices. The website is: http://www.spyderstore.com/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyspyder View Post
    I use the mount from JT's Machine Shop and Spyder Accessories, one of the site sponsors. It's easy to install, on the dash behind the windscreen, and it provides 5 different angles for your device, and/or you can install additional devices. The website is: http://www.spyderstore.com/
    Although I agree JT's mounting bracket is awesome, and I use the hell out of it, it doesn't answer his question. I highly recommend JT's bracket as well, but you'll need to invest some additional monies with adapters and such to securely attach the go pro. Plus, you always can connect other useful gadgets, tools, etc along with the go pro.
    Brian Kay - Kennesaw, GA
    2014 RT-S SM6 Pearl White (KHAOS)
    TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Lights - TricLED Turn Signals - TricLED Side Fender Lights - Airhawk R Seat Pad - Smoothspyder Belt Tensioner - JT's Dash Mount - JT's USB and 12v Power Unit - Stebel 139dB Multi Sound Horn - Lamonster NBV Highway Pegs - BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors - Cal-Sci Stock Extra Wide Windshield - Baja Ron Sway Bar - WrapMySpyder 1330 Triple decals - Ultimate Tallboy Seat - BRP Sat Radio - ELKA Stage 2 Front Shocks

Spyder Garage

Default Ram mount installed

This is the mount I decided to use. Ram U bolt with 2 ball/socket adjustments. Rock solid and allows virtually any position you want. I will test ride tomorrow but I'm sure this will be fine.
    Would someone please tell me how to flip the picture vertical?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vegasf3t; 10-13-2016 at 08:09 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cmarsala View Post
    I've got the Hero 4 and I mount it on either the Lt or Rt above the headlights using the suction cup mount and use the Bluetooth to my IPhone to control the camera, I use the Ram mount from Lamonster for my IPhone. It's a good setup. The Hero 4 and 5 are almost the same just the 5 has a few more features over the 4.
    I also have the stick on mounts in various positions on the bike, I also use my GoPro 2 facing rearward so I can reach it to turn it on and off. The GoPro is one awesome camera. Good Luck
    With mounting to the bike do you get vibration in the image? Do you tether it in case of suction cup failure?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    With mounting to the bike do you get vibration in the image? Do you tether it in case of suction cup failure?
    I don't get any noticeable vibration and with regard to tethering, I do, just to be sure...to be sure!