Spyder Garage

Question F3 Ltd; installing heated Corbin seat

After trial and error, received my heated Corbin seat for my F3 Ltd that fit. No problem with installing the seat itself.
    However, connecting the heat is proving to be a problem. The connector shown in the instructions appears to be for
    an F3, not an F3 Ltd. I have 2 connectors under my seat, both which are noticeably smaller than the one shown in
    the Corbin instructions. Also tested to see if the 2 connectors were hot and they did not show to be hot. Possibly
    just an error on my part. Called Corbin and they said to take pictures on the area and send them. I could see how
    they would not know the connectors for the F3 Ltd are different than an F3 as the seat itself took several trys. I will
    send the pictures in to Corbin, but am wondering if anyone has come across this problem
    before? Maybe I am just not seeing the correct connector.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raprap View Post
    After trial and error, received my heated Corbin seat for my F3 Ltd that fit. No problem with installing the seat itself.
    However, connecting the heat is proving to be a problem. The connector shown in the instructions appears to be for
    an F3, not an F3 Ltd. I have 2 connectors under my seat, both which are noticeably smaller than the one shown in
    the Corbin instructions. Also tested to see if the 2 connectors were hot and they did not show to be hot. Possibly
    just an error on my part. Called Corbin and they said to take pictures on the area and send them. I could see how
    they would not know the connectors for the F3 Ltd are different than an F3 as the seat itself took several trys. I will
    send the pictures in to Corbin, but am wondering if anyone has come across this problem
    before? Maybe I am just not seeing the correct connector.

The connection under the seat on the F3T/Ltd is only hot with the key on and running.
    www.sasspyders.com
    2016 F3T
    2015 Freedom Trailer
    Sypderpops BumpSkid Plate
    Lamonster ISP Key Cover
    Lamonster F3 Bar Clamp and Power Port
    Lamonster RIP floorboards and frame caps
    Lamonster Chevron Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Swaybar & Heim Links
    F4 Custom 21" tinted windshield
    BRP Cannonball Seat
    BRP F3 Idler Pully
    FOBO TPMS
    LidLox (dual)
    Garmin 660LM GPS
    Cat Delete Performance Pipe
    F3T Top Case
    PPA Black Widow Wheels
    Custom Frunk Wrap

Spyder Garage

Where did you find the plug under the seat to plug into? I have 2018 f3t and trying to hook up my corbin seat up. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

What I did for our heated seat connection for our Day Longs was run 16 gage wire directly from the battery with an in line fuse on the + cable to a 30 amp relay. I then used the BRP provided accessory wires under the passenger seat as the trigger for the relay. Since those are hot only when the Spyder is running I do not have to worry about the seat heater being left on and draining the battery. I do not like running anything heated from 20 gage wire so that is why I did not hook it up directly to the BRP wires.

Sorry no pictures as they did not load.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Finally got pictures to load. One is from my F3s and the other from my wife's F3l that I tucked under the back box. In the first picture the brown with stripe wire is the BRP powered + wire and the larger red one is from the battery.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue