Spyder Garage

Default Headlight Keeps Going Out

I have my left headlight keeps going out on my 2013 RT-S. If I tap (and pretty hard, several times) it will come back on. I replace both headlights because of this and put it all back together and: SAME PROBLEM!!!!!

I had checked all the wiring when I had it all open. Any suggestions here would be grand!

Thanks

For God So Loved the world...

Started 2014 with a 2013 RT-S SE5. Wrecked it April 2019 with a 200lb hog! I am Blessed because if that was a two wheel motorcycle, DPS said without a shadow of a doubt I would have been dead! Thank you Can-Am! The issue I had with GIECO is they told me not to take anything off the Spyder when I brought it in to their claims center because they paid it out as a total. I just had ELKA put on all around and over $7,000 in Farkle that I am having to replace all that I could have taken off the '13. Bought a 2014 with only 3728 miles! Love it! My therapy!

Spyder Garage

I'm not an electromechanic, but if you tap the connector and the light comes on that's an indication that you have a lose connection! You can also switch light bulbs and see if the problem switches to the other side! If it does, then you have a connection problem! Just my honest opinion! Keep us posted!

Spyder Garage

Default Curious. ....

When you say goes out..do you mean burnt like no longer functions ...or just shuts off and then comes back on again. In the later case it would seem there is a faulty connection especially if you changed out good bulbs. Being only one side you would have to check that side. If you have the dual filament bulbs see if it does it on both high and low if single with shutter will make no differance. If you go back in and before you re assemble move the plug wires while light is on and see if that is where the problem lies....could be other problems if they are led, hid, or you have other electrical additions on the spyder....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black