Thread: Service

Spyder Garage

Cool Service

Can anyone tell me if removing highway pegs is required when doing a 9,300 mile service on a 2014 RTL? Sent my bike to dealer to have serviced and after trailering bike home I thought I heard something but couldn't pin point the noise. After riding the next day, I stopped at a traffic light and discovered that my highway pegs was extremely loose. Before I call the dealer tomorrow and chew them out, I'd really like to know weather the pegs must be removed for servicing. I have Rivco footplates that attach under the running boards with Kuryakyn black widow pegs. I realize that thru time, nuts sometimes loosen but found it odd that both foot pegs were loose. After tighten nuts by hand the sound was no more. Guess that was what I was hearing.

Spyder Garage

Depends on how they are located.
    I told my dealer if they were in the way call me into the shop and I'll remove the panel!

AJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruising RT View Post
    Can anyone tell me if removing highway pegs is required when doing a 9,300 mile service on a 2014 RTL? Sent my bike to dealer to have serviced and after trailering bike home I thought I heard something but couldn't pin point the noise. After riding the next day, I stopped at a traffic light and discovered that my highway pegs was extremely loose. Before I call the dealer tomorrow and chew them out, I'd really like to know weather the pegs must be removed for servicing. I have Rivco footplates that attach under the running boards with Kuryakyn black widow pegs. I realize that thru time, nuts sometimes loosen but found it odd that both foot pegs were loose. After tighten nuts by hand the sound was no more. Guess that was what I was hearing.

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

I have the Revco pegs. There is no reason to remove them to get any panels off. However, if they felt the need , they could have just removed the top arm extension. There is never ANY reason to remove the bottom bracket from the floorboard.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruising RT View Post
    Before I call the dealer tomorrow and chew them out, I'd really like to know weather the pegs must be removed for servicing.
    I'd call and have a discussion. Immediately starting your conversation with chewing someone out may lead to a hang up, and more irritation. But, do whatever makes you feel better.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How sure are you that they didn't just loosen up a bit on their own?
    Granted: it's unlikely, but not impossible...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    How sure are you that they didn't just loosen up a bit on their own?
    Granted: it's unlikely, but not impossible...
    Anything is possible but............Highly unlikely. Didn't hear the squeak before dropping bike off for service and finding it hard to believe that both highway pegs came loose at the same time. I called dealership and spoke with the service mgr. and expressed my concern. Received a apology and was thanked for calling to address my concern and was told that he would speak with any and all that may have touched the bike. Just glad to have noticed when stopped as apposed to coming off while riding and possibly getting hurt.