Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    JayBros,
    Appreciate the part number. I went to the link and got to the mirror part number but it did not get down to the level of the one shown.
    There are two screws in the part but three holes. Mine were on the sides and the hole over the keyhole was empty. Is this site a good source for the parts I need?
    Semper FI Marine
    Buckskin
    Google the part number and you should come up with a few choices. One source would be your dealer.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Just changed mine out with great success. Ordered parts from dealer. I changed all three in each mirror. If i remember correctly parts were $39.00 per side. Very easy to do.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Bob, I think you put me on the right track. Yes, mine are different from these here (don't know how that works?) but I am ordering them today. In the picture it seems there is an offset of some kind in the slot. Which way faces out when attaching to the mirror?
    Buckskin

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Here's what they should look like...

What are you seeing?
    2016 F3T , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Does this help..And does yours look like in the video?

another from Finess Bob

Spyder Garage

Thanks Bob,
    For those that might be following this thread, I picked up 2 of these pieces luckily a dealer had them in stock (imagine that) and he did not know why he happened to have them?? Anyway, I have attached a picture of the new one on the left and the old/bad one on the right. That piece in the center was missing on both of mine. Not sure if I broke them out while trying to re-install the mirrors but that will be taken into consideration in the future.
    Thanks to all that helped me out on this mishap. Living and learning.
    BuckskinIMG_0017.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post

Does this help..And does yours look like in the video?

another from Finess Bob

2016 F3T , Pearl White

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Don't feel bad, I had to replace the top two on mine also. Yep, i lived and learned.
    Just that the learning usually causes frustration and money.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

i haven't read any of the other posts, so i don't know if this has been said, but if someone mechanically inclined came up with a simple way that would fasten the mirrors using screws, it would be a great idea, or something worth buying. i have taken my old bike apart many times, and always hated removing and replacing the mirrors
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Buckskin, the link I sent for the parts list is BRP's main list. I haven't seen where you told us what year and model Spyder you have. Go to the link and drill down to the year and model. You can blow up the parts picture you select and see the part(s) in good detail. Remember, if your Spyder is a 2012 or earlier the parts will not look like the one in the picture I showed. SF!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Angry Same Problem

Took my mirrors off to install some turn signal LED's. That went fine. Now trying to re-install the mirrors and after 1/2 hour and lots of sweat I had to come inside to cool off. Yes, I have a video that I have watched 20 times and that lining up the top pin is not that hard in the video, but it will not catch when I put it in the lower slot and push down to line up the lower pins and snap it in.
    Got one side to catch and then the front will not catch the pin.
    This is nuts!.
    Buckskin
    I have had the same problem (I think everyone has!)! I wish there was a much better attachment for the mirrors! My right one fell off while riding the other day! After searching for 30 minutes in the weeds, found it in two parts! I think BRP ought to buy me a new one, personally!, but, ... ugh...

Anyone do any modifications to theirs to avoid this pretty dumb way of attaching mirrors??????

For God So Loved the world...

Started 2014 with a 2013 RT-S SE5. Wrecked it April 2019 with a 200lb hog! I am Blessed because if that was a two wheel motorcycle, DPS said without a shadow of a doubt I would have been dead! Thank you Can-Am! The issue I had with GIECO is they told me not to take anything off the Spyder when I brought it in to their claims center because they paid it out as a total. I just had ELKA put on all around and over $7,000 in Farkle that I am having to replace all that I could have taken off the '13. Bought a 2014 with only 3728 miles! Love it! My therapy!

Spyder Garage

The upper pellets were changed for the 2014 model and are a vast improvement over the previous ones. I bought three sets (they are Left & Right handed) for my 2013 RTL. I installed one set, one set stays with the Spyder, and one set stays in my garage. For some odd reason, dealers don't usually stock them, so I take a set to my dealer when I know that the mirrors are going to come off for service just in case one breaks. Been lucky so far, none have broken, but I like having the insurance.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Good idea. I come from Goldwing family and those dealers do not stock a single screw for those that loose one here and there. Have to order what you need and wait 3 days for it to come in.
    Are the Can Am dealers a little better about this? I could use a couple of the black large head with #30 torx head with black washer and did not want to have to drive 30 miles to order one screw.
    Buckskin
    Call pitbull

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Spyder Garage

Good idea, but who and where? I found the pellet for $7.42 on line. I then found the pair at the dealer (what luck?) when I was buying them I asked if they normally stocked them (made sense to do so) and he wondered why they were in inventory. A lot of service work requires the removing of the mirrors to do pretty much anything. So it stands to reason that dealers would keep these things in stock as they cannot close out a ticket if a bike comes in for service and they cannot put the mirror back on and send the owner on his way.
    By the way, the dealer hit me for $11.00 and change for the same part. I was glad to pay it and get my bike back together. When I found the part for $7.42 they wanted $9.00 shipping!! Can't win for losing.
    Buckskin

Quote Originally Posted by NM Wrench View Post
    Call pitbull

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    2016 F3T , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do yourself a favor, and follow Dwight's lead: track down 3 sets of them...
    Peace of mind; is worth a heckuva lot!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just ordered a complete set for both mirrors from 2wheelpros.com, 2 upper and 4 lower, for $72.59 including shipping. That's 10% off MSRP and $6.95 shipping.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

You note below that "when you ran the stock mirrors"? What does that mean? What other options other than the stock mirrors are there?
    Buckskin

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    I think that this chart I made about a year ago will explain things further. Some information posted in these posts is incorrect. Additionally, depending upon the model year, the same parts are used but some are listed as assemblies for more money vs individual parts for less money.

When I ran the stock mirrors, I always carried spare clips and plastic pellets in the trunk, Probably several sets in case a mirror failed during a trip. They are inexpensive insurance and prevent a wait if not in stock.

All the best and the prices may have changed since I wrote this back then. I also have not updated it to the latest model years.
    2016 F3T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default just a suggestion

you might like to take a look at williebbakers "snap mirrors" it might solve this problem altogether. good luck!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Williebbaker View Post
    you might like to take a look at williebbakers "snap mirrors" it might solve this problem altogether. good luck!
    What are williebbakers snap mirrors? This thread is nearly year old and if it's passed you by the problem has been rendered moot by the Magic Mirror magnetic mounts.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IHOP View Post
    I have had the same problem (I think everyone has!)! I wish there was a much better attachment for the mirrors! My right one fell off while riding the other day! After searching for 30 minutes in the weeds, found it in two parts! I think BRP ought to buy me a new one, personally!, but, ... ugh...

Anyone do any modifications to theirs to avoid this pretty dumb way of attaching mirrors??????

Magic mirrors on vendors page

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default majic mirror

I had seen a set of these mirrors , I do believe they have --- RARE EARTH --- magnets that hold the mirror in place , you give a good yank , and they come off , the fellow who had these , mentioned they hold very nice , the average ride has no problems , but a bird strike might knock them off ... { chance of a bird strike ? }

Spyder Garage

Default Bob's on top of it..

When I bought my Spyder in June '14 I didn't know how to work on the mirrors. I broke the top hanging plastic piece on both sides then wondered why I couldn't get the mirror to stay put. So I drilled holes and screwed the mirrors on. Yeah, yeah, I hear you laughing BlueKnight. The dealer showed me the error of my ways.
    All this sounds like the metal pins have been taken off and not put back in right. THey are different lengths.
    Also the metal clip pins can be taken out, they slide right out, and straightened if they're bent.
    I have spares, I now use the magnets on the lower two.
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Hang it on the top rear post...
    push in a little bit on the rear of the mirror, and give it a bit of a rap downward...
    push in on the front of the mirror, and give the lower rear edge of the housing a rap forward...

Spyder Garage

Default Buying screws

I keep a small supply of screws on hand. Most of the screw applications can be solved with M6x20mm Torx 30 button head screws. You can get them on Amazon very cheap. Don't pay through the NOSE at a dealer. You can get them in black oxide and stainless. Be carefull ordering the stainless. Most of them are the Tamper Proof style with the pin in the middle.
    Last edited by Grandpot; 09-05-2017 at 11:40 AM.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Magic Mirrors make the whole world shiny and happy! Lamonster can get them to you in a day or two and you'll never be concerned with the original pins, pucks, and springs again... They're just that good. And I think Lamont will sell them in sets of 6 or 4 if you just MUST keep that top pin and puck. I didn't and have rode my RT over some terrible MN and WI farm roads with no problems.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default PROBABLY HAVE

a broken upper piece, the thinner part sometimes snaps off and leaves you with the thick piece you are talking about.
    I have broken 2 of these in the 7 years I have owned my Spyder.
    They are quite inexpensive, you can also make on out of some pliable plastic to use as a temporary fix. Then there are the "Magic Mirror" after market devices that seem to work well too.

Ok, somehow I got the right side to catch all three posts with a little bit of white grease. The left top post is a problem. As I engage the keyhole, and push down, nothing catches. There is a button on the top and a thin slot and behind that is a shoulder. Neither on engages the keyhole. Which one is supposed to catch it? The plastic piece that has two small screws is too thick to allow it to get behind and rest on the keyhole. I can get the two lower pins to engage but the top is just flopping. Will not get into the keyhole. Which slot is supposed to engage?
    Buckskin
    That is a tired setup to hook the mirrors to the body......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Magic Mirrors make the whole world shiny and happy! Lamonster can get them to you in a day or two and you'll never be concerned with the original pins, pucks, and springs again... They're just that good. And I think Lamont will sell them in sets of 6 or 4 if you just MUST keep that top pin and puck. I didn't and have rode my RT over some terrible MN and WI farm roads with no problems.
    call Lamont, he can hook you up with magic mirror magnets.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NOTHING RARE ABOUT RARE --EARth

Quote Originally Posted by youngers View Post
    I had seen a set of these mirrors , I do believe they have --- RARE EARTH --- magnets that hold the mirror in place , you give a good yank , and they come off , the fellow who had these , mentioned they hold very nice , the average ride has no problems , but a bird strike might knock them off ... { chance of a bird strike ? }
    It's mis-nomer really ... They Nyobendium ( spelling ?? ) which are actually created through a process ....that's how they can make them in hundreds of different shapes ..... Mike