Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    The Spyder turn signals are self canceling, but it's like 30 seconds. Twice as long as Goldwing.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    Not on my F3, it cancels almost immediately after the turn.
    Maybe I misunderstood what Bagger was driving at in my response to his comment above. I took his comment to mean that the signals should be self-canceling if the turn isn't sharp enough to trigger cancellation at the end of the turn, like when doing lane changes or exits. Yes, all the Spyders cancel the signal at the end of a turn, but they also cancel after about 30 seconds in the absence of turning.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default ahhhhhhh. It becomes clear !

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood what Bagger was driving at in my response to his comment above. I took his comment to mean that the signals should be self-canceling if the turn isn't sharp enough to trigger cancellation at the end of the turn, like when doing lane changes or exits. Yes, all the Spyders cancel the signal at the end of a turn, but they also cancel after about 30 seconds in the absence of turning.
    I didn't get your response for a minute AK, because I read it in the context of cornering, then I realised you were talking about a 30 second self cancel, regardless of whether there is a corner.

I read Bagger's response as being the setup where you hold the button to the left or right for a couple of seconds and it auto cancels when you let go.......that really does work a treat......but I could have interpreted his comment incorrectly
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default A possible solution for me

Actually, I might have a solution that will work for me. I have Lamont's F3-L LED mirror running lights/turn signals. If I can turn the running lights component off, it will be easy to see the turn signal lights blinking during the day, plus it will stop the amber running lights reflecting off my panel work at night which bothers me a bit.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Actually, I might have a solution that will work for me. I have Lamont's F3-L LED mirror running lights/turn signals. If I can turn the running lights component off, it will be easy to see the turn signal lights blinking during the day, plus it will stop the amber running lights reflecting off my panel work at night which bothers me a bit.
    Harvey Clark (Spyderpops) sells an LED mirror turn signal for the F3 Limited that's plug-n-play. It mounts the same as Lamonts but it flashes with the signal lights. The rest of the time it's off. It's a very simple install. And boy does it look good!

To install, the only part to remove is the signal light outer shell.
    Last edited by Copperman; 11-13-2016 at 09:55 AM.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Jimboregon;1200238]

Unfortunately there is no room on the F3S to do this mod. I have bought a green pilot light today and will drill out the BRP logo on the dash and wire it into the existing light, pics will follow. 100 degrees tomorrow so it may be a day or two!

Spyder Garage

IMHO the problem is the little size of the switch (left/cancel/rigth).

I have to say I allways forget the turn signals and my friends said to me.
    So I try to cancel that. But on the Spyder the switch is too little and is very
    difficult find the correct position. Sometimes turning rigth or left when I try to
    cancel pushing on the center I put directlly the other side.

So the remedy is worse than disease. (Sapnish sentence)
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you need a pair of the small Trump hands!

Spyder Garage

Thanks to some help from Lamont, I have shut off the amber running lights on his F3-T mirrors system, and now have just the indicators come on when required. You can now easily and quickly see whether your fat hands have accidentally turned the opposite indicator lights on by mistake.

It also eliminates the glare from the amber running lights while riding at night.

Works a treat.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dave7691 View Post
    I think this been asked before but I will ask anyway.
    Is there anyway to make the dash indicator brighter for the turn signals .
    I can hardly see mine .
    Blind in Ct .
    Hello,
    I just bought a used 2016 F3-S. Had the same trouble with the indicated. Too dark on a sunny day. I ordered 2 led light strips from Amazon, they were $10.
    I removed the clear blinker cover ( only one Phillips screw) , ran the LED wire through the rubber "sealing gasket" between the mirror and the blinker housing and clamped the wires of the LED-strip to the existing cable running to the turn signal. I attached the LED strip on the top of the turn signal housing.
    30 minutes of work.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dave7691 View Post
    I think this been asked before but I will ask anyway.
    Is there anyway to make the dash indicator brighter for the turn signals .
    I can hardly see mine .
    Blind in Ct .
    Hello,
    I just bought a used 2016 F3-S. Had the same trouble with the indicator. Too dark on a sunny day. I ordered 2 led light strips from Amazon, they were $10.
    I removed the clear blinker cover ( only one Phillips screw) , ran the LED wire through the rubber "sealing gasket" between the mirror and the blinker housing and clamped the wires of the LED-strip to the existing cable running to the turn signal. I attached the LED strip on the top of the turn signal housing.
    30 minutes of work.

Spyder Garage

I have installed LEDs on the last 4 RTs, the first one took a couple hours but the rest took about 40 minuets, the hardest part is fishing the wires through the mirror but a shop vac works fine for that.
    Spyder Farkels and eagles 004.jpgSpyder Farkels and eagles 005.jpgSpyder Farkels and eagles 015.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    I have installed LEDs on the last 4 RTs,
    Spyder Farkels and eagles 015.jpg
    I did basically the same except I used an LED strip from SuperBright LEDs mounted on the end of the mirror. It's visible by other drivers who are off to the side of me.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I use Spyderpops https://spyderpops.com/f3-f3s-models...uring-limited/
    They are visible to the rider as they are reflected up and outward to cars alongside as well!
    Easy plug and play install and they stick on with 3m tape

Spyder Garage

Can Am Spyder F3-S

I bought a $12 LED-lightstrip on Amazon.( search for: 2x 10CM 3528 PVC Amber led Strip led motorcycle Turn signal Universal lights Strip with 24LED )

I wired it to the blinkers and it worked just fine, 25 minutes labor, $10 spent, no calibration necessary.
    Not only can I see the bright LED as a driver/rider but also traffic behind me can see the turn signal bright and clear, even on a sunny day.

Turn signal1.jpg Turn signal2.jpg

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

ShowChrome fender lights will do the trick and they also blink so drivers near you can see them from the side.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/show-...kit-lamonster/
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Install blinking signal LEDs on the back of your front fenders. Problem solved.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

I did these on an RT last year. About 6 bucks each, metal bezel, daylight bright.

IMG_20180526_091653103_HDR.jpgIMG_20180526_091719424_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black