Spyder Garage

Default Standard Items with 2014 RT Limited

I am looking at purchasing a 2014 RT Limited, and the person selling it is doing so because it was his father in-laws bike, and he passed. So he doesn't know anything about what the bike should have included from the factory. So the Limited should have :
    GPS & case
    Front rolling luggage
    Side bags ?
    Cover (full or half)?

I am not sure either, other than I know they come with the GPS & case, and the front luggage. Not sure they come with the side bags, or the cover, but you guys can fill me in.
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White
    2010 Can Am Spyder RT - Full Moon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveandBelinda View Post
    I am looking at purchasing a 2014 RT Limited, and the person selling it is doing so because it was his father in-laws bike, and he passed. So he doesn't know anything about what the bike should have included from the factory. So the Limited should have :
    GPS & case
    Front rolling luggage
    Side bags ?
    Cover (full or half)?

I am not sure either, other than I know they come with the GPS & case, and the front luggage. Not sure they come with the side bags, or the cover, but you guys can fill me in.
    The '14 RT Limited comes with the 660 GPS and case. It also comes with only the front luggage. The full and/or half cover would have been an option.

If the Spyder is local to you, go look at it and see for yourself what's on it. Better yet, if you have a friend who is more familiar with Spyders have him go with you. Look for extra LED's, a bumpskid, BajaRon's swaybar, upgraded shocks, a trailer hitch, etc.

If the son in law knows any of his Spyder riding buddies, that would be helpful. They'd probably know what extras were on it.

Good luck and don't overpay for it.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Steve, when you pick up your new Spyder you should stop by SpyderPop and visit Harvey. You will be very close to the place. Take lots of money you will be a kid in a candy story. Harvey's place is the ultimate man cave.

http://spyderpops.com/blog/

ToM
    Enjoy the Ride
    Life is Good😃
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life is Great
    ToM

Spyder Garage

Tom,
    I wish I could stop, but can't. Flying in on Tuesday, and chances sound like I may not be able to complete transaction till Wednesday morning possibly. If I can't leave till then, I will not have much time to get home (900 miles).
    Have to be back no later than Thursday afternoon. Daughter is getting married next Saturday, and she has a rehearsal scheduled for Thursday evening. Gives me, basically 24 hours plus to get home.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChildhood View Post
    Steve, when you pick up your new Spyder you should stop by SpyderPop and visit Harvey. You will be very close to the place. Take lots of money you will be a kid in a candy story. Harvey's place is the ultimate man cave.

http://spyderpops.com/blog/

ToM
    Enjoy the Ride
    Life is Good😃

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Want to add, immediately research the oem warranty expiration date. If you are planning on purchasing an extended warranty, it may require purchase while still under the oem warranty.

At the time we purchased our RTs, it was Jan 2014 and Can Am offered the original 2 year warranty, with an additional 2 warranty years at no additional cost. So we wound up with 4 years oem warranty.

The owner may have also purchased a Warranty, and that probably is transferable.
    Check on the warranty that you might have... Happy Shopping!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Spec sheet

Here is the spec sheet for the 2014 RT which includes the RT Limited. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9z...ew?usp=sharing

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Yes, checked with BRP yesterday and factory warranty ran out 8/16, but has a B.E.S.T. extended till 8/17. Was told I could extend another possible 2 years, as long as I do it before 8/17.

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Want to add, immediately research the oem warranty expiration date. If you are planning on purchasing an extended warranty, it may require purchase while still under the oem warranty.

At the time we purchased our RTs, it was Jan 2014 and Can Am offered the original 2 year warranty, with an additional 2 warranty years at no additional cost. So we wound up with 4 years oem warranty.

The owner may have also purchased a Warranty, and that probably is transferable.

Spyder Garage

2 things i would suggest is extend the warranty as we all know they are expensive machines and also enjoy the ride home on your new machine

Spyder Garage

I have a 2014 RT Limited and here is a run down on what it would have come with:

- Rolling luggage bag that fits in the frunk. No bags for the side storage or the trunk.
    - Garmin 660 GPS with a case. The GPS should have a micro SD card in it but I can't remember the size. I replaced the SD card for a bigger one.
    - Plastic cover for the GPS mount when the GPS is not being used.
    - Standard seat. There is an optional seat called a "Comfort Seat" but it costs extra.
    - Small tool set located under the seat.
    - Cable in the trunk for connecting an Apple iDevice (iPod, iPhone, iPad). It is a 30 pin connector but it does work with a 30 pin to lighting connector.
    NOTE: This is for audio playing only. Connection to an iPhone does not give you iPhone integration (i.e. make and receive calls) into the Spyder's audio system.
    - I believe that there was also a cable in the trunk that is a plain audio cable for connecting non iStuff for listening. I've always used an iPod and so have never used this cable.
    - Black plastic "tray/shelf" in the trunk.

--Allen