Thread: Move my GPS

Spyder Garage

Default Move my GPS

I am going to be moving my GPS on my 14 limited when I install my tri axis bars but I am not sure where to put it. I also am installing a F4 wide and tall vented and don't want anything that will interfere with the vent. Any suggestions?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    I am going to be moving my GPS on my 14 limited when I install my tri axis bars but I am not sure where to put it. I also am installing a F4 wide and tall vented and don't want anything that will interfere with the vent. Any suggestions?
    If you're going to the expense of installing the tri-axis handlebars, why not spend the few extra dollars and buy the BRP GPS holder for the tri-axis handlebars? For me, I have found that that the center location is the best for the GPS. I'm assuming you have a Garmin GPS.

If you contact Billy (parts manager) at iMotorsports (a site sponsor) and see if they have what you're looking for? Their parts prices are really good.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I am not opposed to having it at the center of the bars but I really don't like having to look down that far to see it. Rather have it up higher if possible.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default dash mount

I have moved my GPS to the dash and helped others do the same. I have the Garmin 660 which came with the Spyder, originally mounted down low. The dash is a great place for visibility and ease of access. This is one of the design faults of the stock Spyder RT, the GPS should be high and visible from the get go.
    I do not thin it would interfere with air flow, as it sits close the lip of the dash and plenty of air goes over, around and under the GPS
    2015 RT Limited , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Do you have a vent in your shield? Also, would the stick BRP wiring that comes on the limited reach up to the top of the dad if I used JT's dash mount?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought a post to screw into one of the four handlebar mounting bolt holes on my 2014 ST. Unfortuneately the ball does not fit the rear of my Garvin (1" too large).
    After considerable time trying for a plan 'B', I mounted the OEM suction mount on the far left of the instrument glass. It obstructs the analogue speedo, but I read the central digital instrument anyway. It has been secure in use, even on bumpy Australian roads. And it cost nothing !

Onward
    Simon

Spyder Garage

I'm very close to putting the Triaxis bars on my 2016 RT Limited, and am going to mount it on the top of the instruments using JT mount. That will put it almost in the line of sight.

David

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Spyder Garage

I mounted mine right to the dash above/over the gauge cluster. I bought a second holder for it so I can move the unit from vehicle to the Spyder. All I had to do was drill tow small holes in the back of the holder, and two small holes in the rim of the dash, and voila... I love it there...no looking down to see it. It doesn't obscure anything where it is.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This is what I did on my 2013 RT and duplicated it on my 2014 RTS. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...l=1#post779861

I have the F4 tall & wide windshield, Baker Air Wings, and Tri-Axis handlebar.

Do you have a passenger riding with you when you're riding? If not, reconsider the wide aspect of the F4. I find it restricts air flow onto me quite a lot. Talking to an F4 rep at Wing Ding she suggested if one does not have a passenger riding often then the wide windshield isn't the best choice. I plan to send mine to them this winter and have them cut it down to standard width. I like the tall part of it though.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

When I purchased my 2015 RTS, I installed my GPS on the dash just like I did on my 2011. Much easier to see without taking you eyes off the road!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Spyder Garage

On my 15, I added a second cradle on the dash and routed wires beside existing cables. I then simply plugged cabling in where the OEM stuf was plugged and good to go. I leaft the OEM stuff intact.
    IMG_9692.JPGphoto 1.jpg
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up /same

I made a dash mount like JT and mount the Garmin660LM high up. SOOOOO much better than down between the bars.

Taking you eyes off the road can cause ::::::::::: Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I love he idea of having the mount up high but I don't want to interfere with my vented windshield. I need to make a decision though. I've got her torn down installing my tri axis.

Fun stuff!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images