Lancaster PA transplant (Southern born and bred)
    Spyder Garage

Default Haulbikes/Daily Direct LLC Venting

I'm sure most of you are aware of this shipping company and some of you have probably used them. I recently had the experience of dealing with the company's incompetent and rude staff trying to get the F3S from rockman in Bryan, TX to me in Lancaster, PA. I signed the contract on August 18 with the understanding that dates were estimates but when your contract states that your motorcycle will be picked up in approximately 2 - 10 days and 3 weeks go by and it hasn't been picked up.....there's a problem. You're assigned a representative to contact during this whole process; well my representative was one of the rudest people I have ever dealt with. She flat out lied to me on more than one occasion and I finally asked for her manager. The manager was shocked that the Spyder had not been picked up yet and told me that it should have already been delivered to me. I asked for an adjustment on my charges and she assured me I would get one. I ended up going to their local hub in York, PA on a Saturday (paid extra to have it delivered to my home) one month after contracting them to ship the Spyder or it would have been another week or two to get it to me 20 minutes away. To add insult to injury, I received an email from the manager with my refund.....$6.45. Are you f'ing kidding me? I have since filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau against them hoping to settle the refund issue more to my satisfaction after this fiasco. If the rep had been upfront and honest with me rather than blowing smoke up my ass and lying to me, I may be a little more understanding.

I do praise the driver, Eddie; he was very particular with the Spyder as well as the other motorcycles he was hauling. He helped my husband and I secure it in the trailer and even went behind what my husband had done and did it over giving him pointers on securing it. Super nice guy! The operations of the company suck and unless there are major changes, I won't use them again.

2015 F3-S SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But the bike arrived in good shape; right?
    Ultimately, that's what matters the most!
    But it DOES sound as if they treated you poorly...

Good Luck with your chosen course of action; let us know what happens next!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default LYING AND INCOMPETANCE

Sorry you had to go thru what you did ....... Nastiness seems to be the norm these days instead of the exception........ Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    But the bike arrived in good shape; right?
    Ultimately, that's what matters the most!
    But it DOES sound as if they treated you poorly...

Good Luck with your chosen course of action; let us know what happens next!
    Bob, the Spyder was well taken care of by the driver. IF my experience with the office staff had been different; I would have let it go. As an example...I'm calling on a Friday afternoon for the second time (30 minutes before they close) because my rep has not called me back as promised...not only am I told that I'll have to call back tomorrow but that she gets off in 15 minutes and can't help me because she has no way to know where the truck is or how to contact the driver. Those kinds of things are what's driving my action...and those aren't the only examples.

2015 F3-S SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Customer Service", is truly a lost art today...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Bob . Nobody wants to be held accountable for their actions. I think that is crap!!!!!!

Brettssunshine, I'm glad you finally got your Spyder, and I don't blame you for being P.O.'d!!!!!!!!! I do hope you enjoy your new Spyder!
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Spyder Garage

good luck with the BBB, i never had any luck dealing with them. sorry you had a problem. the company can always get in touch with the driver, through radio, gps, or cell phone.
    i am dealing with a banking institution right now, and i feel i am being jerked around. now, i try to be nice to everyone till they screw me twice. i was sent 3 letters by two people asking for the same information that they wanted. each time i sent it to them. one time delivering it personally. well after waiting a week for a answer, i tried calling to no avail, so i wrote a nasty e mail.
    i never learn to keep my mouth shut until i get done what i am trying to do. now they are having a hard time finding my file. i am besides myself over this, and as the old Italians say, i am making buttons over it. so i hope you get some response from the BBB
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

I hope you get some satisfaction from the BBB. Customer service is a lost art today with most companies. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Default Cuznjohn

I'm like you...I am the nicest person and I can let a lot of things slide right off of my back but once you screw me over....game on! I was brought up to show respect to everyone and treat people the way I want to be treated...sometimes being nice doesn't work, especially in today's world.
    Last edited by Brettssunshine; 09-28-2016 at 11:44 AM. Reason: I hate autocorrect

2015 F3-S SE6

Spyder Garage

i totally agree with you
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

I don't blame you one bit for the way you feel. Companies want to boast about customer satisfaction, but I think it's a bunch of hooey and just talk in most cases. Let's see if they send you a request for a survey on this one(bet not). As for the BBB, they're not going to do anything but file the complaint in a folder. I've been told that they don't take any kind of action. Good luck and glad you got your bike o.k.
    Mark in GA

2014 Cognac Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
    2014 Cognac RT-622 Trailer - SOLD
    2014 RT Limited , Stock Cognac