Spyder Garage

Default LATEST FARKLE #2

I think this works.

20160927_140527 (1).jpg
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I kind of like that. What did you do to prep the surface?
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Looks good!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLaoyster View Post
    I kind of like that. What did you do to prep the surface?
    I first took the mirrors off, then the small lower panels, then took the upper side panels off - you have to do this to get the scoops off - then removed all the small screws holding the scoops to the panels, then took the scoops themselves apart (they are 3 pieces held together by screws). I sanded them with 400 grit sandpaper, cleaned with rubbing alcohol, then sprayed on five coats of Krylon Maxx white Primer, 5 coats of Rust Oleum Universal Metallic Pearl Mist, and 5 coats of Rust Oleum Triple Thick Glaze in High Gloss. Note that I did not paint the gloss black front part of the scoops, as I kind of like the combination of gloss black & white. For the "Can-AM" chrome thingies on the small lower panels, I removed 1 small screw to get them off of the panels, cleaned them with rubbing alcohol, then sprayed them with 5 coats of Krylon Cover Maxx Flat Black combination paint & primer. (No clear coat on these, as I wanted them flat black, not glossy). All of the primers, paint, & clear coat are rated for use on plastic.

The Pearl Mist paint is not quite exactly the same as BRP Pearl White, but it is really close. The clear coat helps to make the color closer to the BRP color. I think it turned out quite nice.
    Last edited by oldguyinTX; 09-28-2016 at 08:09 AM.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    I first took the mirrors off, then the small lower panels, then took the upper side panels off - you have to do this to get the scoops off - then removed all the small screws holding the scoops to the panels, then took the scoops themselves apart (they are 3 pieces held together by screws). I sanded them with 400 grit sandpaper, cleaned with rubbing alcohol, then sprayed on five coats of Krylon Maxx white Primer, 5 coats of Rust Oleum Universal Metallic Pearl Mist, and 5 coats of Rust Oleum Triple Thick Glaze in High Gloss. Note that I did not paint the gloss black front part of the scoops, as I kind of like the combination of gloss black & white. For the "Can-AM" chrome thingies on the small lower panels, I removed 1 small screw to get them off of the panels, cleaned them with rubbing alcohol, then sprayed them with 5 coats of Krylon Cover Maxx Flat Black combination paint & primer. (No clear coat on these, as I wanted them flat black, not glossy). All of the primers, paint, & clear coat are rated for use on plastic.

The Pearl Mist paint is not quite exactly the same as BRP Pearl White, but it is really close. The clear coat helps to make the color closer to the BRP color. I think it turned out quite nice.

Thanks! Nice Job!
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Lot's of work, but looking good.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Very nice work, looks great!
    2013 RT Ltd. SE5

Spyder Garage

That's a really great job Dwight.

I don't think it would have come out any better if you had got it done at a body shop.

Spyder Garage

It wasn't hard, just really time consuming. Taking off the panels & prepping for painting was easy. That was about an hour. All of the priming, painting, etc. is what took the longest amount of time. Then, re-assembling everything on a clean moving blanket so as not to scratch anything was tedious too. All in all, 24 hours start to finish. But I am happy with the result and glad I did it. I think that the looks better now, or at least it makes me feel better.

Spyder Garage

Dwight,

Good job, looks great!

Thanks for the picture.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD