Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Chrome Handle bar covers for an RT

Hi All, I have a 2011 RT and i was thinking about getting the Chrome cover for the handle bars, BRP has them for 300 and ebay has ABS plated for 90. wondering if anyone has been down this road and has any advice. Thanks Scott!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

IMO the glare off of them would be blinding at times. I had a chrome dash cover an removed it on my other trike. Told myself never again chrome in the drivers area.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As much as I like the shiny stuff: the reflections off of them will make it impossible for you to see your display at times...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Chrome Handel bar covers

Chrome, don't get you home.

Good Luck

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    IMO the glare off of them would be blinding at times. I had a chrome dash cover an removed it on my other trike. Told myself never again chrome in the drivers area.
    Thanks for the tip! I hadnt thought of that!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    As much as I like the shiny stuff: the reflections off of them will make it impossible for you to see your display at times...
    Thanks !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scottglu View Post
    Hi All, I have a 2011 RT and i was thinking about getting the Chrome cover for the handle bars, BRP has them for 300 and ebay has ABS plated for 90. wondering if anyone has been down this road and has any advice. Thanks Scott!!
    Scott, I just put them on my 2013 RTL SE5 last month and WOW, what a huge difference in how the bike looks now overall. Personally, it's one of my absolute favorite farkles that I have put on my since I bought her!

It does NOT distract from driving because of any reflection at all. I live in the Desert of SoCal (Palm Springs) where the sun shines here 360 days/yr. If anyone would notice reflections bouncing off the chrome & distracting me, I would.

It is quite amazing looking. My wife loves it as well & says it makes the look richer looking than the flat black plastic OEM cover. Enhances the whole bike!!
    Go for it, you won't regret it!

Ultimate full Pearl white ostrich inlay mid-rider seat w/driver backrest & passenger backrest,BRP chrome billet windshield bracket,BRP chrome vented windshield,BRP chrome upper wind deflector,BRP functional airscoops,BRP rear cargo liner,BRP heat management upgrade kit,BRP front trunk LED compartment light,Baja Ron sway bar,Baja Ron Heim links,Muth Amber LED mirror turn signals,Chrome billet grip end caps,Custom Dynamics side saddlebags LED run lights,Custom Dynamics HMT LED trunk brake/run lights,Custom Dynamics rear mud flap LED run light,BRP chrome handlebar cover,ShowChrome bumper wear bar chrome accent,TricLed LED Halo light kit w/remote,TricLed front A arm LED light kit,Rear trunk compartment 5 LED light bar,Calif Custom Cruisers upper RT side chrome coffin style spyder radiator vent grill,Calif Custom Cruisers lower RT side chrome coffin style spyder radiator vent grill,Hopnel 3pc cargo net set,Ultra Guard full RT bike cover,Smooth Spyder RT belt tensioner,Custom chrome spyder Garmon GPS cover, 7" shorty antenna.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

just the aluminum key holder for the Spyder key at the right time of the day reflects off the dash and can be annoying at times.

Good luck on your decision

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Can Lamonster 's Spyder RT cuff be used on this chrome cover? Will it clamp over the cover?
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

OOPS! I just noticed this thread goes back to 2016!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)