Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

I had a 2014 ST-L and loved it. But I did not like the amount of service that it required; that is the only thing I didn't like about it. I was finally able to trade it off (28,000 miles later) for a 2016 F3-L. Oh my gosh I love, love, love this bike. I love the power, the way it handles, the way I sit in it; just pretty much everything about it and it doesn't require service every 4,600 miles along with valve adjustments/checks thrown in there. At this point I can't see myself trading this one off. I'm so happy with my F3-L!!!!

2016 F3-L Special Series Triple Black
    August 25, 2016

2014 ST-Limited
    July 2, 2014

"Just going down that long lonesome highway" and now REALLY loving every minute!!

Spyder Garage

Someone said "more money than brains" could be why so many don't keep their Spyder longer. I suspect that is partly right. Most Spyder owners are at a point in life where they can afford to update when the next latest and greatest model is unveiled. I have a 2012 RTS-SE5 with 24,000. Over the years I added a few things, a swaybar, taller vented windshield, better seat,running boards, cup holder, phone holder, Bluetooth, better tires, etc.. and right now it runs and rides better than it ever has. I was looking at new leftover models, and yes the new machines sure are nice, but for me to upgrade it would be $12,000 - $14,000. For now I've decided to keep my 5 year old machine, but I am trying to decide how to spend the $14,000 that I have saved . I can keep my perfectly fine "old model" Spyder and get a adventure touring motorcycle, or maybe a new ATV, or snowmobile or some other toy.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I blame Can-Am for always coming out with something bigger and better and seemingly staggering the release.
    I never changed motorcycles so often.