Default EST. MPG's

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Mike,
    Where were you riding:

Was it wide-open and flat?
    Rolling hills?
    The Mountains?

How fast were you going?

Were you able to ride a steady pace; or was the flow of traffic affecting your speeds?

Was your windshield raised fully; retracted fully; or somewhere in-between?
    (The aero package does affect these things...
    .... I know you are pulling my leg with those questions - right !!! ..... even if I provided ALL answers it would still be in-applicable to any other rider........... waaaaaaaaaaay to many variables ...... My post above only shows that after the warning light goes on - you can travel a lot further than most people think they can. I always have one L. of gas with me just in case I push it a bit to far ...... my smallish Tequila bottle does not leak or even expel any vapors into my trunk ..... alcohol and gasoline are similar in their liquidity so the bottle doesn't leak or even smell. My gas has saved the Butts of more than a few " out of gas " folks ........Mike

Spyder Garage

isn't that a fact!

Spyder Garage

I get anxious when the warning light comes on and the anxiety rises the further I go. I like to be calm so I plan to fill up around 150 miles to calm my nerves

Spyder Garage

I almost found out Christmas day riding home from my sons house, my wife was following me in her car so I thought I would go for it as I always carry a liter of extra fuel in a aluminium Vodka Bottle. After the light I made it 49 miles to the gas station at my exit by our house , I put in 6.2 gallons. When I pulled into my garage I spotted my fuel bottle setting on the shelf. I usually fill up when I'm down 3/4 tank but there was no good place to pull off the highway to fuel up so I figured what the heck, last time I'll pull that stunt.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

I think you all missing a very important issue, we just bought our spyder RTL and haven't even put gas in it yet, but being a car guy you dont want to run super low or out, because the fuel helps cool the pump. Just my opinion, 50 and sunshine in northeast Ohio Saturday! Maybe I'll get to put some gas in it.

Spyder Garage

We run a lot of back roads so the mileage varies from trip to trip. I have been probably 15 to 20 miles with the lite on. But I really pay a lot of attention to where I'm at and how close to a gas station I am. But speed weather and the driving conditions will make the mileage change. So I guess the best I can say is just watch what your doing and carry extra gas just in case. Happy Trails and good luck.

Spyder Garage

Well you can do what I did.
    Siphon the gas out of the tank slowly until the light come on, and then siphon the rest and keep track until you cant siphon any more and check to see how much you have siphoned out.
    I came up with a gallon. but I do not know if I was removing gas below the suction screen or not.

Spyder Garage

For those of you that don't thoroughly read your owners manual (like me). It is good to know where the fuel light is. A couple of years ago while touring I was trying to eek out every bit of fuel to make it to the motel for the night. The needle was pointing to empty but I just kept waiting for the light to come on...... kept going and watching, and going and watching..... Who would have thunk that BRP decided that the low fuel light needed to be on the tachometer rather than on the fuel gauge..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

As others point out it all depends on many factors. I once was able to go 257 miles on our 2014 RT before running out. This was two up pulling a fully loaded trailer in Alaska. Unfortunately the next gas station was 258 miles away. The good part is that I now have a story as well as knowing how helpful Alaskins are!
    The low fuel light would come on around 180 with about 1.2 gals remaining.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue