Spyder Garage

Default Motel in Maggie's Valley that has parking for truck and trailer

Guys, we are planning on coming up for the rally in Maggie's Valley on Oct. 6th. We probably need to trailer our spyder up there and then ride with the groups. Only had it about 3 weeks and don't yet trust it for a long trip. Reliability is a issue with me! Do you know of a motel that will have room for us to park our truck and trailer for the 4 days?
    Thanks for your responses!

Spyder Garage

What year and model is your Spyder? Did you buy it new?
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 spyder RT Limited

It is a 2013 spyder RT Limited. I bought it about 3 weeks ago and it only had 80 miles on it. a lady with cancer bought one for her and one for her daughter. She died in a few weeks and it has been setting for nearly 3 years. The dealer I got it from has had to clean the injectors twice and put new fuel filter and spark plugs to get the skipping out of the engine. He then picked it up and kept it a week to do 3 factory recalls on it, including putting the air vent up front and the fuel system update. He is trying hard to make it road worthy, but i have had 5 Harleys in a row and none of them had to stay in the shop over night. So for them that want to throw off on Harleys, go ahead! I have been thousands of miles on Yamaha's and Harleys at one trip with no problems! I'm at the age I need 3 wheels instead of two! Thanks for your support!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default INJECTOR CLEANING !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    It is a 2013 spyder RT Limited. I bought it about 3 weeks ago and it only had 80 miles on it. a lady with cancer bought one for her and one for her daughter. She died in a few weeks and it has been setting for nearly 3 years. The dealer I got it from has had to clean the injectors twice and put new fuel filter and spark plugs to get the skipping out of the engine. He then picked it up and kept it a week to do 3 factory recalls on it, including putting the air vent up front and the fuel system update. He is trying hard to make it road worthy, but i have had 5 Harleys in a row and none of them had to stay in the shop over night. So for them that want to throw off on Harleys, go ahead! I have been thousands of miles on Yamaha's and Harleys at one trip with no problems! I'm at the age I need 3 wheels instead of two! Thanks for your support!
    .....I agree with you on your feelings about reliability ..... however for me it would start with the DEALER .......CLEAN INJECTORS TWICE !!!! ...... if they knew the Spyder sat for 3 years ....whey did they even run it with the gas that was in it ???? ...... for me that's basic rule #1.....drain tank, and throttle bodies and start fresh ..........................jmho.....good luck..........Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

A Holyday Motel, Rob and Gaby are great hosts, tell them i sent you, plenty of parking for truck and trailer

Spyder Garage

Another option is the Comfort Inn on Soco Rd. They have a lot next to the motel for trucks and trailers. We are there now.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights
    2014 Limited , Silver Playinum Satin

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Sadness

So sad this event filled up,

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Default maggie valley rally

Buckeye Bleau (Joe) What do you mean in your statement event all filled up?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    Buckeye Bleau (Joe) What do you mean in your statement event all filled up?
    I'm curious also about that comment. I just made reservations at the Comfort Inn in Maggie Valley this afternoon. Am I too late for the rally?

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I saw notices that the coordinators were not accepting any more registrations for the event, it was filled as they limited the group size.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Default maggie valley rally

That filled up is probable for Saturday night's meal! With the Blue Ridge Parkway, and the Smokey Mountain ride up to Pigeon Fort, and Gatingburg, their is plenty of great riding for everyone who wants to go! I would think the vendors would like as big of crowd as we can get! There were only so many tickets being sold for the Saturday night meal at the conference center! Remember we also have the Dragon Tail not too far off if someone wanted to ride it!
    Hope to see you there!