Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default f3t radio Question

I would like to know if Sirius xm can be added to the radio on the f3t . Has anyone done this or heard of anyway it can be done . The reception is terrible to say the least but adding Sirius xm would take care of that problem . Also the usb stops playing and says over current . Asked the dealer about it and of course they said they never heard of this . They said they would check on it . It`s been two months and I get the same song and dance we will check on it but they don`t .

Spyder Garage

I am about to install an XM on my 2016 F3T.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billy514 View Post
    I would like to know if Sirius xm can be added to the radio on the f3t . Has anyone done this or heard of anyway it can be done . The reception is terrible to say the least but adding Sirius xm would take care of that problem . Also the usb stops playing and says over current . Asked the dealer about it and of course they said they never heard of this . They said they would check on it . It`s been two months and I get the same song and dance we will check on it but they don`t .
    I've had the same issues on our 2016 RTs , tried different USB sticks different size 4 gb - 32gb same over current or no usb device. I finally went to an iPod Touch seems to be working fine now

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

We added it to my wife's F3-T with a Garmin Zumo 665. Seems to work well for her. She listens to it through her Sena.
    - Carl

2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default XM install

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSpyder View Post
    Please let me know how the install goes . I am thinking about installing it on my F3T . Have to find the radio first . If you would please instruct me to how you did the install . Look forward to hearing how the install goes . Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGTL View Post
    We added it to my wife's F3-T with a Garmin Zumo 665. Seems to work well for her. She listens to it through her Sena.
    I also used the Garmin 665 for XM/Sirius. Works great. Connected to radio via audio plug in the glove compartment. I chose to "hotwire" straight to the battery. The Garmin powers up as soon as I put it in the cradle.
    Rick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rafmn View Post
    I've had the same issues on our 2016 RTs , tried different USB sticks different size 4 gb - 32gb same over current or no usb device. I finally went to an iPod Touch seems to be working fine now

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
    Same here on the USB sticks. I have an old Iphone 5s that I'm using only as an iPOD.
    www.sasspyders.com
    2016 F3T
    2015 Freedom Trailer
    Sypderpops BumpSkid Plate
    Lamonster ISP Key Cover
    Lamonster F3 Bar Clamp and Power Port
    Lamonster RIP floorboards and frame caps
    Lamonster Chevron Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Swaybar & Heim Links
    F4 Custom 21" tinted windshield
    BRP Cannonball Seat
    BRP F3 Idler Pully
    FOBO TPMS
    LidLox (dual)
    Garmin 660LM GPS
    Cat Delete Performance Pipe
    F3T Top Case
    PPA Black Widow Wheels
    Custom Frunk Wrap

Spyder Garage

I have opened a Case with BRP on the USB issue, here is the response I got from my dealer on this:

Hey Neil!!

So I have looked into this issue and you are not the only one experiencing

this problem!
    They have been informed of the issue at BRP and are working on a software update to resolve this issue! Only solution at this time is to disconnect
    and reconnect USB. . The update should be available this fall.

2020 Harley Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2017 F3-T SE6 White / BRP Backrest / Nuvi 58 LM / Polaris Spring Spacers / CALSCI 22" Shield
    2016 RTE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default XM Radio

What unit are you installing on your spyder ? I am looking at the Stratus 7 but have to admit I know nothing about the XM radio`s .

Spyder Garage

I installed the Onyx on my 2012 RTL in the rear trunk, worked perfect except you had to open the trunk and manually change the station. I'm looking into the different modles to see which I will install, hopefully with a remote. I plan on putting it in the glove box on top of the dash.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Spyder Garage

Nothing l could find has the Remote, so I have chosen the Stratus 7, due to its size. I will include pictures as I do the project.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default XM Install

Nothing l could find has the Remote, so I have chosen the Stratus 7, due to its size. I will include pictures as I do the project.
    Thanks for the update look forward to hearing how it works out for you . I am leaning toward the Straus 7 too .

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default XM Radio

Have you installed your XM radio yet ? Would like to know how you did it and if it works well ?

Spyder Garage

My plan is to mount it in the glove compartment, but I haven't figured how to gain access to drill the hole to route the wiring thru. I am concerned about drilling without knowing what's behind it. I am going to Spyders in the hills ride and will talk the tech at Coyote Powersports for some guidance. I will post picts and info when I do the install.

Spyder Garage

Default Not XM but USB

my 2016 F3T plays my USB with no problems. Works great
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default The easy way

I didn't bother worrying about setting up hardware. I just added SXM's cellphone App (cost's extra) and I Bluetooth it to helmet. If you desire to hear it thru the bikes audio system then add a Bluetooth receiver to the bike. Lamonster has one for under $15.00. I bought one on Amazon for $17.50. Then you'll have XM radio via Bluetooth to helmet OR Bluetooth to bike stereo.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Xm tuner

My plan is to mount it in the glove compartment, but I haven't figured how to gain access to drill the hole to route the wiring thru. I am concerned about drilling without knowing what's behind it. I am going to Spyders in the hills ride and will talk the tech at Coyote Powersports for some guidance. I will post picts and info when I do the install.
    Thanks for the update look forward to hearing about the way you install your unit .

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default xm radio

Thanks for the update look forward to hearing about the way you install your unit .
    Have you made any headway installing your XM radio .

Spyder Garage

I have never turned my radio on. Would rather listen to the engine I guess.

Spyder Garage

I have finally started the install on my F3T. It shouldn't take much longer and I will post how I diod it and some picts also.

Spyder Garage

the fix is out for the usb over current on the F3T
    Spyder RT LTD 2018 SE6 ASPHALT GREY METALLIC - DARK EDITION( Wife)
    Spyder F3T 2016 LTD Black Special Édition
    French Spyder Forum
    SpyderTeam Rive-Sud MTL

Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/spyderteam/
    Twitter
    https://twitter.com/SpyderTeam_ca

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Xm tuner install

I have finally started the install on my F3T. It shouldn't take much longer and I will post how I diod it and some picts also.
    have you finished the install of your xm radio ? I am really wanting to see how you routed everything and how it turned out . Keeping me in suspense . Thanks