Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Default Going to sell 'em now

I had the good intention of converting my Comfort seat to a RDL, but life has generated too many responsibilities. I'm going to wait on the conversion, if I ever do it.

The Comfort seat is working OK for me, and my two new seats sit in my garage. Someone should be using them.

Rather than discussing a purchase on this thread, I will make the posts in the For Sale section of the Forums.

The morale of the story:

Each seat puts you on a machine that is gives you a spectacular experience. However, comfort is absolutely critical for this to occur. If you're using a seat that is uncomfortable, get a new one. If you don't like it, get another or get a custom fit.
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default New at this BRP Seat

I am actually new at this Can Am Spyder F3-S. I just got my first motorcycle on December 1, 2016. Here are my questions:

1) When you mentioned the BRP seat do you mean the cannonball seat?
    2) If I do get the cannonball seat, should I get the BRP backrest?
    3) Where can I go to buy these for a good price besides at the BRP shop?

If you must know I am 5'5 at 157 to 162 pounds (My weight varies each day). I rode it, and it doesn't seemed to bother me. Though I feel like when I put power on it, I feel like I will fall of my bike...sorry like I said I am new at this.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier View Post
    I am actually new at this Can Am Spyder F3-S. I just got my first motorcycle on December 1, 2016. Here are my questions:

1) When you mentioned the BRP seat do you mean the cannonball seat?
    2) If I do get the cannonball seat, should I get the BRP backrest?
    3) Where can I go to buy these for a good price besides at the BRP shop?

If you must know I am 5'5 at 157 to 162 pounds (My weight varies each day). I rode it, and it doesn't seemed to bother me. Though I feel like when I put power on it, I feel like I will fall of my bike...sorry like I said I am new at this.
    I really don't have any experience with the F3. You'll have to ask on that forum.
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Sold the Ultimate Tall Boy seat. It is a phenomenal seat, but in my opinion NOT great for any legroom. My friend in CT is going to enjoy this, I know. Great deal for him.

Still have the Corbin. Put it on last week to see if I could make it work. It, too, is not as good as the BRP Comfort seat for someone that is a bit taller. Plus, I need to make a correction: the Corbin does have a prop, it just doesn't use the stock gas prop. It is a roller type prop that is built into the seat. I missed it the first time I used the seat.

So, if someone is interested in a lightly used Corbin (in the previous pictures) contact me.
    Last edited by tehrlich; 07-01-2017 at 10:55 AM.

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default seat

at 6'1" I totally agree with your assessment of the comfort seat and after 9000 mls on my RT I find no need for a backrest

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    at 6'1" I totally agree with your assessment of the comfort seat and after 9000 mls on my RT I find no need for a backrest
    I'm thinking the same thing about not needing a back rest. I'm at 17K miles now, and have not "needed" it. When I tested out the other seats, I tried with and without. I always liked without.

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

i need the utopia to have something to push against with my back.
    i now have a comfort seat with mikes utopia bracket tha i had to remake
    to work for the cmfrt seat. big b-tt roomy for me.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

Default THAT's THE TICKET

Quote Originally Posted by irvin48 View Post
    i need the utopia to have something to push against with my back.
    i now have a comfort seat with mikes utopia bracket tha i had to remake
    to work for the cmfrt seat. big b-tt roomy for me.
    The combination of the BRP Comfort Seat and the Utopia Backrest is the perfect combination for tall riders, IMHO - especially tall riders with a "bigger than average" butt. There's only one thing you can do to make it even better... Put one of Motorcycle Dave's Comformax GEL-Foam inserts inside the Comfort Seat. That's what I did, and I can now ride all day in comfort for a small fraction of the price I would have paid for a custom seat that may not even feel as good.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AnthonyG; 11-23-2018 at 08:33 AM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    When you are thinking about the other seats, think about this picture. I sat on the seats and measured from the edge of the seat to me to demonstrate the room I had. I'm not a heavy set person, but probably proportional for my height. 7 inches from the edge to me is "Trump Huuge" in the comfort arena for me. I was dying with my legs jammed up with the Ultimate Tall Boy.
    I can't quite make out what you are measuring. It looks like the height of the front of the saddle, but that wouldn't make sense since you're comparing the seats for the amount of legroom they provide, I think?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I can't quite make out what you are measuring. It looks like the height of the front of the saddle, but that wouldn't make sense since you're comparing the seats for the amount of legroom they provide, I think?
    The measurements are from the front of the saddles (at the glove box) to where "I" begin. It was just a way of showing how much more the BRP Comfort seat really let's you go back. The others do not. The Ultimate Tall Boy was absolutely the most restricting.

2015 RT Limited , black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The measurements are from the front of the saddles (at the glove box) to where "I" begin. It was just a way of showing how much more the BRP Comfort seat really let's you go back. The others do not. The Ultimate Tall Boy was absolutely the most restricting.
    Okay, now I get it. I'm 5'9" so don't need THAT much extra room but would like a couple of inches over what the stock saddle gives me. Thanks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Okay, now I get it. I'm 5'9" so don't need THAT much extra room but would like a couple of inches over what the stock saddle gives me. Thanks.

The Corbin seat does give you more room, and it is wider. You also sit a bit lower into the seat.

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Also, you may have been looking at the measurements incorrectly. I didn't show a stock seat, only the Ultimate Tall Boy, Corbin, and the BRP Comfort.

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

All the seat threads I've seen are for tall riders looking for more room; that throws a wrinkle into the equation. I'd really like to see a thread for shorter guys.

I'm 5' 7" and 170 lbs., and the stock seat on my 2014 RT-S fits me OK. No backrest. I also use a sheepskin pad. I've put 22K miles on the bike with that combo. Since I rarely experience a sore butt on long rides, an aftermarket seat is kinda optional. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing. I confess I really like the colors and textures available on an Ultimate seat, though.

One benefit of the stock seat is that it doesn't require a cover in the rain.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Baxter View Post
    All the seat threads I've seen are for tall riders looking for more room; that throws a wrinkle into the equation. I'd really like to see a thread for shorter guys.

I'm 5' 7" and 170 lbs., and the stock seat on my 2014 RT-S fits me OK. No backrest. I also use a sheepskin pad. I've put 22K miles on the bike with that combo. Since I rarely experience a sore butt on long rides, an aftermarket seat is kinda optional. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing. I confess I really like the colors and textures available on an Ultimate seat, though.

One benefit of the stock seat is that it doesn't require a cover in the rain.
    While I was looking for more legroom and positioned back further, I can certainly tell you that the Ultimate Tall boy seat does little of either. What it does DO, in my opinion, is sit you taller. The leather is fantastic, but you are right, it needs a cover. If you're good on the stock seat, I'd stick with it. Spend your money on something more important to jazz things up like car tires, new shocks, etc.

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default Onother option

I have owned most of the seats here from time to time. My last Goldwing seat was from Tom Simmons Custom Seats from Arkansas. Best of the best. Rode on one for over 10 years and it was great. Looked new the day I let my wife have the bike and she loves it. Don't know if he does Spyder seats but if he does, it will be my next seat. Check him out.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I have owned most of the seats here from time to time. My last Goldwing seat was from Tom Simmons Custom Seats from Arkansas. Best of the best. Rode on one for over 10 years and it was great. Looked new the day I let my wife have the bike and she loves it. Don't know if he does Spyder seats but if he does, it will be my next seat. Check him out.

I contacted him about 2 weeks ago and he said he does do Spyder seats.

Spyder Garage

Default Brp comfort seat

Like many, I can't just go to a meeting and try out seats, like a lot of advice given here. So, I ended up buying three and actually using them.

First of all, I realize that many have a lot of passion for their seats, and my opinions by no means indicate that they are bad and wouldn't be perfect for someone else.

Second, I'm 6'3" and 230lbs. I need a seat that is better for a taller person.

The attachment has a lot of comparison images with measurements. My conclusion: the BRP Comfort Seat was the BEST for me as a taller person.

I knew the stock seat wouldn't work when I purchased my 2015 RT Limited last year. So, I never used it. I've ridden the BRP Comfort Seat for roughly 9000 miles. It is intended for taller people than the stock seat.

I bought a custom Corbin seat, and the Ultimate Tall Boy with croc inlays. I rode the Corbin about 500 hundred miles, and I was only able to ride the Tall Boy about 150 miles.

My primary concern was that the seat could accommodate my height. Believe it or not, I found the BRP Comfort seat best for this, the Corbin second, and the Ultimate Tall Boy a very distant third. You'll see in one pic how much room I found on each seat. The "Tall Boy" was so restrictive for me that I had to stop riding it.

I have a 2010 can am spyder rt and my own seat measures 17.5 inches form the tip to the drivers lumbar support. You show that the comfort seat measures the same 17.5 inches. I called brp and gave them the sku number from the tag under my seat and they said it is a stock oem seat not a comfort seat. So I'm wonder how your. Comfort seat measures 17.5 the same as my stock seat. Please let me know.

Spyder Garage

You replied to a thread (4) years old.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

As Troop says, the last response was 4 years ago, Jerry, and I believe Terlich is no longer a member of this group. Perhaps someone else may know the answer, but.........

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

There’s a review of the comfort seat below, Jerry. It actually says that taller riders on the “newer” model RTs may find the seat too close to the bars. Perhaps the older models had a longer seat but that was reduced when the 2015s were introduced, and the comfort seat, with its extra 1.9” was then introduced to give back the room to taller riders? See if there is something in the article that may help.
    https://www.cycleworld.com/2015/09/1...comfort-seats/

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red