Thread: Ultimate Seat

Spyder Garage

Cool Ultimate Seat

Decision time, has anyone owned or riden on a Ultimate Seat? Can anyone testifiy which seat base material they liked best and why, ostrich Inlay or Croc Inlay. Is there a difference in comfort between materials? I have no doubt either materials hold up well as far as quality. Just interested in others opinion.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruising RT View Post
    Decision time, has anyone owned or riden on a Ultimate Seat? Can anyone testifiy which seat base material they liked best and why, ostrich Inlay or Croc Inlay. Is there a difference in comfort between materials? I have no doubt either materials hold up well as far as quality. Just interested in others opinion.

I had an Ultimate on both my RT's and liked them a lot and I didn't have any special inlays. I would think the increase in comfort on your butt (from the inlays) comes from having a thinner wallet. I would just carry your wallet in a front pocket.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I have the Ultimate on my 2015 RT-S but no special inlays and it,s a great seat.The stock seat for me sucked.I have the drivers and passenger back rest and can ride all day.
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

I have the tall boy without the inlay material or fuel door. Was a little unsure at first (first ride was the start of a 1000 mi trip), but now you would have to steal it from me. It is perfect for around town rides or 400 mi days, after about 95 miles I get of for a couple of minutes and it is like starting fresh. My wife's only complaint is the seat sits her a little higher and even with the running boards up she, at 5'3", doesn't have the most secure footing.
    2015 Rt S Se

Spyder Garage

Default ultimate seat

I have the ultimate seat with the crock. inlay. It's not only beautiful but I went from a one hour
    max in the saddle to three or four, It's the best thing I have installed on the spyder yet.

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony 44 View Post
    I have the tall boy without the inlay material or fuel door. Was a little unsure at first (first ride was the start of a 1000 mi trip), but now you would have to steal it from me. It is perfect for around town rides or 400 mi days, after about 95 miles I get of for a couple of minutes and it is like starting fresh. My wife's only complaint is the seat sits her a little higher and even with the running boards up she, at 5'3", doesn't have the most secure footing.
    So you say, "you would have to steal it from me." what was your address again? I can only tolerate my RTL for about an hour or a little more. Thinking of going to F3 for that reason, I need a solution, your seat may help.

Also so what time do you normally go to bed so I don't disturb you, thanks for your assistance and cooperation.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

I'm interested in this as well. I'm a big guy, 300 lbs, and the wife is not tiny. We always are 2 up, so the midrider position is it for me.

Anyone else of similar size want to "weigh in" on the comfort?

2014 RT-S Cognac
    2008 Victory Vision
    Iron Butt Assn #23572
    Victory Motorcycle Club #533

Spyder Garage

seat.jpgI have the Ultimate on my 2015 RTL & love it. I bought it with the red ostrich inlays just because it looks so damn good on a red bike. I also had an Ultimate on my old VTX1800 neo & loved it on there. My wife is fairly tall, however I still had to adjust her floorboards all the way up for her comfort. That was recommended at Ultimate when they installed the seat.
    Last edited by BilltheDiver; 09-09-2016 at 09:38 PM.

Spyder Garage

back in 08 when i had my wing, i called them and sent my seat to them to have the do some work. i had the padding behind my butt removed, and had a gel added to the seating surface to raise me up. i ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE WORK THEY DID, and loved the seat. they did fantastic work. two other people saw what i had done, and sent their seats to them to do the same thing. but unfortunately they no longer work on your own seat, they just sell you one that they have and you end up with a stock seat sitting in your garage. BUT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEIR SEATS AND WORK
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

I've had my Ultimate seat for 20,000 mi now and love it!
    The comfort between this seat and the stock seat isn't even comparable.
    Went with the Ostrich & Java Croc, very durable, the seat looks as good as the day I installed it.
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Love it. Bought it at Syderfest last year and put on 1500 miles home and never got butt rot. Selling my air pad also not needed.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I also had the ultimate on a VTX 1800 and it was great. I just got a RT Ltd 2016 and have ordered the Ultimate tall boy. I'm hoping to be just as happy with this seat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Ostrich

Quote Originally Posted by Cruising RT View Post
    I have the Ultimate tall boy with Ostrich inlays. Love the seat. I wouldn't think one inlay would be better than the other. Just personal preference.

image.jpg

Baja Ron sway bar w/ billet aluminum Heim links
    Spyderpops bump skid plate
    Providence USB charger
    Ram mount with X grip
    Rear trunk interior LED light and organizer
    Lamonster highway pegs
    Lamonster cat elimination pipe
    Akrapovic exhaust
    Elka stage 2 shocks front/rear
    Ultimate tall boy seat
    F4 tinted windshield w/vent
    Tricled LED trunk 3rd break light w/modulator, headlights, fog lights
    Tricled LED safety package and Tricled air horn
    Tricled laser alignment
    BRP side adjustable air deflectors

Spyder Garage

Default Since you asked...

Quote Originally Posted by subdude17349 View Post
    I'm interested in this as well. I'm a big guy, 300 lbs, and the wife is not tiny. We always are 2 up, so the midrider position is it for me.

Anyone else of similar size want to "weigh in" on the comfort?
    From all accounts on this thread and in many others, the Ultimate seat is very well liked. But, since you asked, I will say this... If you are both big AND tall, the Ultimate Tall Boy does not give you as much leg room as the BRP Comfort Seat - almost, but not quite. I was disappointed to find that out at SpyderQuest last year, as I was really hoping to be riding home on one.

I didn't want to spend the money for a Russel custom seat, so I inserted one of Motorcycle Dave's gel pads in my Comfort Seat, and with a Utopia backrest, it does a pretty good job for someone of my size. Not much room for any but the smallest passenger though, with that configuration.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat