Thread: Lost my antenna

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Lost my antenna

Anyone ever lose an antenna this way?

tmp_26648-20160908_1322162007739142.jpg

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Mine snapped off, and yours looks like it fell/pulled out of the mount. End result is the same. I replaced mine with a shortie from SpyderPops.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I lost mine 5 ½ years ago. They came up with a fix after many others it happened to. Extra locking nut or something. Mine was covered under warranty. I went with a shorty, but later switched back. My CB antenna broke cuz someone fiddled around with it. That cost like $55 i believe.

Here is the thread from years agohttp://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...a-while-riding

Spyder Garage

Early on (2010) it was a factory error. They did not use a lock nut and locktite for the install. Got mine replaced under warranty. Used a WalMart shorty in the interim.

A test for tightness once in awhile is a good thing to add to the pre-check list.

RE: locktite--a dab of blue should be sufficient. Do not cover up all the threads--reception will suffer.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Spyderpops has a replacement that has a boot and everything you need for 24.95 shipped to you

PopsAntenna.jpg

Cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is your bike still covered under the warranty? If so: this is an open and shut case!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Missing Antenna

Our cover snapped ours off in Lake Tahoe last year. After I shortened it abit I used comm. strength SUPER GLUE. Sooo when and if you replace it with a stock part make sure it will not pull out of the coupling and if it does use the glue.

Spyder Garage

Mine pulled out like yours. I replaced with a Walmart shorty. Works good.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Is your bike still covered under the warranty? If so: this is an open and shut case!
    Warranty expired end of Aug. I'm under Best now so will do shorty for now.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Lost antenna

I lost mine going down the road. Looks just like yours. lost the rubber surround also. $79 dollars later I was going, yes $79 I thought really? No It never unscrewed just fell off.

Spyder Garage

I lost mine just like you did.Cheap junk got my replacment from Canadian tire but the boot from the dealer.Was out riding and was wondering why the reception was worse than normal.
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended