Spyder Garage

Default Laser alinement in North carolina for new bike less then 2 k miles?

Rt s 2016

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ctider07; 09-05-2016 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Have some shaking on road at 60 to 70 3500 rpm. Checked belt alinement and tire pressure front and rear. Do not have a belt tensioner to check but looks good by my eyeball.?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Winston Salem,NC Can Am/Honda has it, but I know that is a long way from Ranlo. They have a good service department.
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Spyder Garage

Thank you all ride safe cwt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Not sure how far you are from charlotte but Matthews Fun Machines does the laser alignment. Last time I checked it was only $125
    2010 RT Audio and Convience SE5, wider vented windshield, XM radio, digital voltmeter, K&N filter, LED turn signal strips, ISCI floorboards, Lamonster LED Headlights and Fogs, Two Bros Black series

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jroberts650 View Post
    Not sure how far you are from charlotte but Matthews Fun Machines does the laser alignment. Last time I checked it was only $125
    That's where I had mine done. They did a great job, and gave me a new F3 to ride while mine was being aligned so I didn't have to sit around. They gave me directions for a 70 mile scenic "test ride" on the F3!!
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Default Laser alignment

If i have a few minutes, I am going to set up my own laser alignment set up. This is not that difficult and for one who has varied the camber, castor and toe on racing vehicles, I would like to check these on the Spyder as there seems to be a lot of sensitivity to road camber in the steering.

In the service department at my dealer there was even the suggestion that the Spyders are delivered with a toe in error which should be checked on the first inspection at 3000 miles.... for only $150 or something like that. As I have at least a basic knowledge of how to do this, by simply attaching a good laser pointer to a straight edge, then setting up the spyder in front of a wall, one can easily measure the toe of the front wheels, also the alignment of the rear.

Admittedly, this is for those who have no job and lots of time, but the actual mechanics of checking are not complicated. The issues which require the fancy mega buck machine are castor and camber, but even camber can be measured manual if one has the correct device...there is an App for the smartphones which can be used to check camber.
    Msmoto
    2016 F3 Limited SS, Garmin 595LM, Sena 10S, Belt Idler Pulley, Custom Cherry Bomb Exhaust
    Previous Spyder No. 003008

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Msmoto View Post
    If i have a few minutes, I am going to set up my own laser alignment set up. This is not that difficult and for one who has varied the camber, castor and toe on racing vehicles, I would like to check these on the Spyder as there seems to be a lot of sensitivity to road camber in the steering.

In the service department at my dealer there was even the suggestion that the Spyders are delivered with a toe in error which should be checked on the first inspection at 3000 miles.... for only $150 or something like that. As I have at least a basic knowledge of how to do this, by simply attaching a good laser pointer to a straight edge, then setting up the spyder in front of a wall, one can easily measure the toe of the front wheels, also the alignment of the rear.

Admittedly, this is for those who have no job and lots of time, but the actual mechanics of checking are not complicated. The issues which require the fancy mega buck machine are castor and camber, but even camber can be measured manual if one has the correct device...there is an App for the smartphones which can be used to check camber.
    I did it with a set of toe plates. not as accurate as laser but I was happy with the results.