Spyder Garage

Default Emergency flashers

Hi all,
    I was riding a few weeks ago and needed to pull over. As I did I tried to turn on my emergency flashers. I pushed the button but nothing happened. It kind of feels like the button may not be going down. Since this is on the throttle how difficult is it to open up the handle and see why the button will not go down. ANy help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

There may be an issue with the cluster. Have to be careful opening it up. Might want to take it to the dealer there. I hear they are very good. By the way, did we meet at Spyderfest or Spyderquest? Bike looks very familiar.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

You might try some canned air first then silicone spray to see if some dirt or something is just stuck in there.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

​Maybe it's a fuse. Have you checked that?
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

If your emergency flasher button is anything like mine, there is no positive 'click' feel to it, but it still turns the emergency flashers on!! I've had to use the flashers a few times now, & the button never feels like it worked, but the lights are always flashing away once I've even just touched that button!! In fact, on more than one occasion I've just brushed my hand over the button unintentionally, then later noticed the emergency flashers going when I don't want them - it seems that it's a pretty damn sensitive switch under the button but like I said, it has no positive feel to it; & we all know it's just a tad hard to see the flasher repeaters in the digital dash!!

So I reckon that before you do anything else, you should check your flashers; they might be working properly & it just feels like the switch isn't doing its thing! That's what mine does/feels like!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-06-2016 at 06:54 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    There may be an issue with the cluster. Have to be careful opening it up. Might want to take it to the dealer there. I hear they are very good. By the way, did we meet at Spyderfest or Spyderquest? Bike looks very familiar.
    Hi there,
    We may have met a Spyderfest. I agree the dealer here is a great dealer. Someone also suggested some canned air. I will try that first. Thanks.