Spyder Garage

Default It's HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2009 CAN AM SPYDER GS

Hello people,

After lurking and researching and going crazy and waiting impatiently I finally got my 2009 . OMG the best decision in my life. This bike rides like a dream and I just want any excuse to go out and ride. Thank you all for helping me making this decision.

I got alot of things which I might not keep with the bike so if you guys can let me know how much I can sell it for it would be nice.

I'm thinking of selling the Saddlebags. From my research it showed it cost almost 1000$ brand new. Also selling the flag holder with the flag ( mounted on the back cover by the tire it's really heavy). I also have two smaller flags which can be mounted on the turn signal. The original back cowl. It came with two HJC helmet with the Bluetooth attachment I might sell that if it doesn't fit my wife. Lastly I got the OEM windscreen with it i might keep that for the summer time not too sure right now but the rest if i can price out it would be nice. Any help appreciate.

Lastly on the right hand side behind the kill switch there is a button just like the mode button. Don't know what that does lol.
    Once again WOOOOHOOOOO!

00F0F_jv0crTk9eCx_1200x900.jpg2130743774932979807-account_id=4.jpg3804323858350729592-account_id=4.jpg5460587373583507687-account_id=4.jpg8401135556510742512-account_id=4.jpg

Spyder Garage

I believe that button momentarily turns on the headlights when pressed, so you can find things in the trunk when dark out.

Spyder Garage

Looks good. The saddlebags don't have any color matching panels. That's not that big a deal if you are going to sell them. But there are 4 reflectors missing. That may be an issue.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Looks good. The saddlebags don't have any color matching panels. That's not that big a deal if you are going to sell them. But there are 4 reflectors missing. That may be an issue.
    Really 4? I guess i didn't notice when I was buying lol. I was too concerned about the bike. I see the two sides one on it but the back are there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I believe that button momentarily turns on the headlights when pressed, so you can find things in the trunk when dark out.
    Ah that makes sense. Thank you

Spyder Garage

Default Saddle bags reflectors

There are 4 reflectors. 2 side, and 2 on the back that are held in by the color matching panels.
    You are going to need a couple of replacement bits if you sell the whole hardware set with the bags.

I just bought and installed a set of bags from a forum member. Time to update my avatar.
    The bags were new with all the mounting hardware
    and Can Am instructions - for $600.
    The best installation instructions can be found online by Lamont.
    Also you can search for a very good write up on this site for installing the bags.

Cheers, David C.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    There are 4 reflectors. 2 side, and 2 on the back that are held in by the color matching panels.
    You are going to need a couple of replacement bits if you sell the whole hardware set with the bags.

I just bought and installed a set of bags from a forum member. Time to update my avatar.
    The bags were new with all the mounting hardware
    and Can Am instructions - for $600.
    The best installation instructions can be found online by Lamont.
    Also you can search for a very good write up on this site for installing the bags.

Cheers, David C.
    Thank you for the information. I guess i'll need to hit up ebay to make sure I have the replacement bits and then post it online.

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome welcome....

To both the spyder world and this always active site. Great choice.... check the for sale forum there may be some prices there or on other sites.
    That button is to flash the headlights and with the frunk lid open will reflect to the interior....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    To both the spyder world and this always active site. Great choice.... check the for sale forum there may be some prices there or on other sites.
    That button is to flash the headlights and with the frunk lid open will reflect to the interior....
    Thank you for the kind words and advice. I can't wait to pimp my

Spyder Garage

and on you 2009 RS. Had one of those. Great

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tecnodog7 View Post
    . . . I finally got my 2009 . OMG the best decision in my life. . . .
    I hope your wife/hubby doesn't see that!

PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    and on you 2009 RS. Had one of those. Great
    Thank you thank you

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I hope your wife/hubby doesn't see that!

Haha my wife loves the too so she won't mind that statement as the feeling might be mutual from her end too lol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the PARTEEE !!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Good one.

I, a while back got a 2009 (red). Had the choice of exactly your colour but went for the cheaper one because I didn't know if I would like it. Yes I do now!

Why would you want to get rid of the saddle bags? Storage is always good. Beer and spirits in the Frunk and clothes in the side.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Welcome to the PARTEEE !!
    Thank you!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rosebelle View Post
    Good one.

I, a while back got a 2009 (red). Had the choice of exactly your colour but went for the cheaper one because I didn't know if I would like it. Yes I do now!

Why would you want to get rid of the saddle bags? Storage is always good. Beer and spirits in the Frunk and clothes in the side.
    I saw a lot of red color ones but this one fit my budget and I really liked the silver and black color. Also as far as selling the saddle bags it doesn't look so sporty / sexy with it but now the more I think about it it's growing on me! I might just keep it.

Spyder Garage

Congratulations. Now you'll have to ride it up to spyderquest in lake george
    Last edited by Jpquinn; 09-05-2016 at 10:29 PM.
    Living life a 1/4 mile at a time.

Spyder Garage

May be worth keeping them as the panniers unclip so you can leave them off for normal riding and just stick them on when you need them. In my case I have them to carry an extra 20 litres of gas (two 5 litre cans on each side) petrol stations can be far apart on some of the routes I take.

Anyway congrat's on your new Spyder and have fun.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jpquinn View Post
    Congratulations. Now you'll have to ride it up to spyderquest in lake george
    I just looked up spyderquest and it starts tomorrow . I guess I'll be sick on Friday

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    May be worth keeping them as the panniers unclip so you can leave them off for normal riding and just stick them on when you need them. In my case I have them to carry an extra 20 litres of gas (two 5 litre cans on each side) petrol stations can be far apart on some of the routes I take.

Anyway congrat's on your new Spyder and have fun.
    That's a good idea. I haven't tried to unclip them to see how they look. If it still looks sporty then it might just be worth keeping them. I'm not sure if i'll be taking alot of out of state trips or not so that's why if i'm only riding around locally then saddlebags don't make much sense.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tecnodog7 View Post
    That's a good idea. I haven't tried to unclip them to see how they look. If it still looks sporty then it might just be worth keeping them. I'm not sure if i'll be taking alot of out of state trips or not so that's why if i'm only riding around locally then saddlebags don't make much sense.
    The saddle bags themselves are standard Givi V35's that Can-am rebadged (so if you need parts look for Givi V35s). There's two types of frame for them, the official Can-am one and the Givi one - there are differences in them and the Can-am ones are far less visible when the bags are removed - I've got the Givi frame but looking at your photos I think you have the Can-am which will look tidier.

The saddle bags are really easy to remove - Unlock and leave the key in. Press second button (between the key and the Spyder) and pull the panniers towards you by the handle, this should release the panniers at the top. Then just lift off.

Spyder Garage

Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!