Thread: twisties

Spyder Garage

Default twisties

question which spyder is handles better in the twisties the rss or f3?
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

Default Depends....

Who's driving and their abilities. You would have to test both and see which suits you best. I for one much prefer the RS to the F3 but I have made changes to the suspension on mine. Box stock and with a first time driver you may find the F3 easier to handle. It has a different engine, transmission, seating position. You would have to be the judge....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I have the ocasion to ryde both and own an14 RS-S. I perfer the RS-S due to the lightness, seating position and handlebar placement. At my height 5 ft 10in I find the fit about correct. With the F3 i feel like I am behind it with my feet stuck out. I would like to mod an F3 so as to have my feet under me and diffrent bars. This is just me folks, I know how how yall get ur panties in a wad. I like to slide mine in a curve just to piss nanny off. Ryde on Ya'll.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've spent quite a bit of time riding both pretty aggressively. The F3 is easier to ride in the twisties. However, if you have the ability to ride both to the limit, the RS is considerably quicker.
    Personally, I feel like I'm "driving" and F3 like a go-cart. You are planted in the seat. The RS you "ride" and are able to utilize your body position to your advantage.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    I've spent quite a bit of time riding both pretty aggressively. The F3 is easier to ride in the twisties. However, if you have the ability to ride both to the limit, the RS is considerably quicker.
    Personally, I feel like I'm "driving" and F3 like a go-cart. You are planted in the seat. The RS you "ride" and are able to utilize your body position to your advantage.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, what he said!
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

The F3 has lower riding position. And like others have stated, you are seated "IN" the bike not "ON" the bike. Your feet are forward but for me that provides SOOOOO much more body leverage without pressure on the knees. And this is from a guy who has spent the last 40 years on bikes with the opposite foot position! I LOVE me some F3-S!

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I have owned both and would have to say that I am a little faster on the RS/GS. And I am an aggressive rider in the curves.
    That being said, the F3 is so much more comfortable for a long ride that I can give up a little speed!
    To God Be The Glory!

Spyder Garage

I think its going to vary depending on the skills of the rider. I don't see any particular advantage to either/ or.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Unfortunately I have not gotten a chance to ride a RSS, but hope to do so. I have ridden quite a few different bikes, and now currently own a 2014 RT and a Suzuki Boulevard M109. If I get the feeling for a more aggressive ride, I will be picking up a used RSS to replace my M109. I would love to have one to do some road course trips.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I owned an RS and currently own an F3. The RS is quicker, lighter and has better throttle response. That being said the F3 is just as much fun.