Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Air Ride Suspension Problem

I am having trouble with air ride suspension on my 2014 RT Limited. When just starting up I can set the suspension with the taggle switch up or down. Once on the road 4 or 5 miles the bar indicator shows "manual". Had switch changed (dealer thought intermitent problem) and traveled about 6-7 mile and "manual" back. Continued 40 miles, atopped to get a drink and gas up and display came back on (maybe cool down?), then less than a mile back to "manual". Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bamm Bamm

Spyder Garage

When "manual" is displayed, check the system pressure with a tire gauge on the valve located under the seat.
    If it is low then the compressor or bleed off valve or the air bag is at fault.
    If the pressure is fairly high then the height sensor might be bad or the connector may be loose.
    Look underneath the spyder and check the ride height sensor is properly connected to the swing arm.
    The connecting bolt has been known to come off.
    Also check the valve under the seat with a valve stem tool to make sure it is tight and not leaking

The Power of Logic.
    Start Thinking.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

There have been many posts lately on issues with the Air Suspension, including the one I started.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...acement-(HELP)

I replaced my defective pump with an aftermarket pump, (out of warranty, out of pocket). The other day I was looking through the new accessory catalog and noticed the list price for all the components to upgrade to the air suspension. The bundled price is only a few dollars more than purchasing the air pump alone.

Good luck

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just had the air compressor replaced under warranty on my 2014 RTS due to a similar problem...Dealer said they have been replacing lots of air compressors this year...larryd