Thread: A little help

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default A little help

Hi all. I got my yellow SE5 Spyder last October and have been lurking here since before that. I have about 2400 miles on it so far. I am retired so I get to ride pretty much any time I want.
    I am an older ryder (72), had an accident in November of 2007 that has left me less than 100% physically. This is the main reason that I bought the Spyder and opted for the SE5.
    I used to do all my own wrenching and installing upgrades and accesories on my bikes. It really pisses me off that I can no longer do that.
    There a few thing that I would like to do to my Spyder that I will be unable to complete because of my physical condition. Mainly some hyperlites on the back, risers, and luggage.
    Is there anyone in the central Maryland area that would be willingto help a fellow Spyder Lover accomplish his goals? I am in Jarrettsville.

Thanks a bunch for listening (reading?)

Dennis in MD
    The Krusty Old Phart
    Still turnin' burnin' and lurnin'
    2008 Can AM Spyder Yellow SE5
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9949290@N02
    jdp723@gmail.com

Mod Maniac
    Spyder Garage

Hi, Dennis.

I wish you were in Texas... I love to do that sort of stuff... it's much easier than making exhaust systems.

However, I'm sure someone close can and will help!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    Hi, Dennis.

I wish you were in Texas... I love to do that sort of stuff... it's much easier than making exhaust systems.

However, I'm sure someone close can and will help!

Come on out to East TN and I can help you out.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

I wish I were closer. Hope you get some help soon. I put HyperLites on Nancy's Spyder, and it involved some serious crawling araound, so I understand how you could have trouble there. As an alternative, might I suggest the No Magic Neon Triple Play and third Taillight - easier installation...or go with their Home Run for lots more visibility. Keep trolling here, somebody on the East Coast will help, I'm sure.
    -Scotty

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

HI Dennis--Man I'd love to help you out--I totally enjoy installing mods and working on bikes---especially when someone else is spending the money!!! LOL I live in Western New York--not a Spyder owner yet (hope to soon)----probably too far--but I'm sure you'll find someone in your area. Don't forget--when you get 'em installed--post some pics!

Spyder Garage

Good luck on the search for your mod assistant. If I was closer, I would definitely try to help you out.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks to those who responded. If I could ride that far I'd do it. I managed to get ride on in the front tires but getting to the back tire valve stem behind the rear sprocket really tests my titanium plated wrists. Any suggestions?

Dennis in MD
    The Krusty Old Phart
    jdp723@gmail.com

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JPoehlman View Post
    Thanks to those who responded. If I could ride that far I'd do it. I managed to get ride on in the front tires but getting to the back tire valve stem behind the rear sprocket really tests my titanium plated wrists. Any suggestions?
    I also have a Titanium plated wrist, from an incident back in 2007. I used a dynabee exercise ball to rebuild the strength and to get the flexabilty back in my wrist after the surgery. Using it I fully recovered in half the time the doctors said I would with full movement. They can be found at most local sporting good stores.

Here are a couple links so you can check it out:

http://www.creaproj.com/prod03.html

http://www.nsdpowerballs.com/store.c...FRwDagodSnPrRA

Good luck on your recovery.

Spyder Garage

Dennis in MD
    The Krusty Old Phart
    jdp723@gmail.com
    You can use a 90 degree valve extender. If you can't get it on, maybe a neighbor can. Then, when you're done, remove the 90. As Lamonster pointed out, it's not a good idea to leave it on. Only use it to check pressures and inflate or put in ride-on. Of course I'm not sure how easy the ride on will flow through the 90. Does anyone think there will be a problem?

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Dennis in MD
    The Krusty Old Phart
    jdp723@gmail.com
    I don't know for sure if this will work with the Ride-On bottle, but I had the same problem with Slime in my tractor tires. I got a small length of clear flexible tubing from the hardware. Pick a size that fits snugly over the tire valve. Insert the nose of the bottle of goo in the free end, and fill normally. When done, clean and screw the valve stem back in, air up, and you're on your way.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I don't know for sure if this will work with the Ride-On bottle, but I had the same problem with Slime in my tractor tires. I got a small length of clear flexible tubing from the hardware. Pick a size that fits snugly over the tire valve. Insert the nose of the bottle of goo in the free end, and fill normally. When done, clean and screw the valve stem back in, air up, and you're on your way.
    -Scotty
    Ride-on comes with a short piece of clear flexible hose.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I used the short piece of clear tubing that comes with the kit for the front tires. Worked OK.
    AHA!
    I longer piece should for the rear tire valve stem just might work.
    Thanks a bunch.

Dennis in Maryland
    The Krusty Old Phart