Thread: A HUGE SHOUTOUT

Spyder Garage

Default A HUGE SHOUTOUT

To GSS Powersports in East Haven, CT. I got fed up with the extremely long wait time for a service appointment at a previous dealer, so I dropped my 2013 RTL of at GSS to check for (yet another) oil leak. Once they got into the Spyder, they found parts missing from the heat recall, one bolt missing on the clutch cover, and the rest of the bolts were loose, they had not been Loctited. This was the source of the oil leak. There was a broken off bolt for a support strut (1 of 2) which they fortunately were able to get out and replace. The oil drain plugs were stripped and were a bear to remove. I ordered Dimple Plugs (GSS is a big fan of them) and had them overnighted to the dealer. There was also a bolt on the driver's right side floorboard that had been cross threaded by the previous dealer. The air bag and compressor for the rear shock were toast. The exhaust pipe gaskets were shot, as they had been incorrectly installed. Since they had to drain all of the oil to remove the clutch cover and determine if it was warped due to the missing and loose bolts, I got the oil free - I paid for the washers, O rings, etc. a new air filter, along with a few other things that I wanted done, which was fine with me. The great news is, they convinced BRP to cover everything else under my BEST warranty. So, in the end, what could have been a really MAJOR expense cost me $273.00, which included the $50.00 deductible. BTW, GSS is a Platinum Certified dealer, and they have the only BRP Master Certified Technician in CT, Bob Gargano Jr. They worked tirelessly to get the Spyder back to me in time for SpyderQuest, and kept me well informed throughout the whole process. So, I am now on VERY happy camper, and will have no worries riding to SpyderQuest next week.

Many, many thanks to GSS Powersports!!
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on finding a GREAT Dealer!!

https://youtu.be/UH01FhqMdc8
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Amazing, the incompetence shown by some dealers. It is scary that they are allowed to prey upon the public.

Glad to hear you found a dealer in which you have more trust.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

https://youtu.be/UH01FhqMdc8
    Bob, when I was in High School in Houston TX, there was a High School band gathering - and I mean a LOT of bands - in the Astrodome in 1967. We all played several tunes together, and the conductor was none other than - MITCH MILLER! Thanks for the blast from the past.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I'm glad that something is going your way with that bike finally. We are fortunate that we bought our stuff from a great dealer right from the get-go.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    So. For fair warning, who & where is the previous dealer that you did not like?
    Please

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    So. For fair warning, who & where is the previous dealer that you did not like?
    Please
    I hesitate to put that out on social media in our litigious world. Anyone wants to know, PM me, and I will be happy to share..

Lancaster PA transplant (Southern born and bred)
    Spyder Garage

I will only take my Spyder to a platinum dealer; PA has 4 according to the Can-Am dealer list.

2015 F3-S SE6

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default DEALER RATING

Quote Originally Posted by Brettssunshine View Post
    I will only take my Spyder to a platinum dealer; PA has 4 according to the Can-Am dealer list.
    The way a dealer gets a " platinum " rating is ....... they sell a certain amount of BRP products ... Not because the staff and or techs are competent !!!! ....... Don't be fooled by BRP's LAME rating system ......... Mike

Lancaster PA transplant (Southern born and bred)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    The way a dealer gets a " platinum " rating is ....... they sell a certain amount of BRP products ... Not because the staff and or techs are competent !!!! ....... Don't be fooled by BRP's LAME rating system ......... Mike
    Well, that sucks; I thought there was a level of knowledge to work on Spyders associated with the status.

2015 F3-S SE6

Spyder Garage

Well, that sucks; I thought there was a level of knowledge to work on Spyders associated with the status.
    Supposed to be, but guess what? Sales and merchandise out trump a simple thing such as service.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Mike is very correct to a point, but it does also have to do with having a certified tech. Otherwise, why would a (large) dealer who sells a lot of Can-Am stuff suddenly go from a Platinum to a Silver dealer almost overnight?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    To GSS Powersports in East Haven, CT. I got fed up with the extremely long wait time for a service appointment at a previous dealer, so I dropped my 2013 RTL of at GSS to check for (yet another) oil leak. Once they got into the Spyder, they found parts missing from the heat recall, one bolt missing on the clutch cover, and the rest of the bolts were loose, they had not been Loctited. This was the source of the oil leak. There was a broken off bolt for a support strut (1 of 2) which they fortunately were able to get out and replace. The oil drain plugs were stripped and were a bear to remove. I ordered Dimple Plugs (GSS is a big fan of them) and had them overnighted to the dealer. There was also a bolt on the driver's right side floorboard that had been cross threaded by the previous dealer. The air bag and compressor for the rear shock were toast. The exhaust pipe gaskets were shot, as they had been incorrectly installed. Since they had to drain all of the oil to remove the clutch cover and determine if it was warped due to the missing and loose bolts, I got the oil free - I paid for the washers, O rings, etc. a new air filter, along with a few other things that I wanted done, which was fine with me. The great news is, they convinced BRP to cover everything else under my BEST warranty. So, in the end, what could have been a really MAJOR expense cost me $273.00, which included the $50.00 deductible. BTW, GSS is a Platinum Certified dealer, and they have the only BRP Master Certified Technician in CT, Bob Gargano Jr. They worked tirelessly to get the Spyder back to me in time for SpyderQuest, and kept me well informed throughout the whole process. So, I am now on VERY happy camper, and will have no worries riding to SpyderQuest next week.

Many, many thanks to GSS Powersports!!
    I'm glad everything worked out for you Dwight. I've been dealing with Bob and his staff at GSS Powersports for 6 years now and they have always been extremely accommodating. It's nice to go into a family run business were everyone knows you and your treated like family. GSS has been a BRP dealership since the beginning and have an excellent relationship with them. I haven't had many issues but I've never had a problem getting parts, never had problems getting answers back from BRP and even got air scoops instantly by just making a phone call to Bobby when the fix came out for the 13's. Why, GSS Powersports care about their Can Am customers and go the extra mile!

I second the BIG SHOUTOUT for GSS Powersports in East Haven, CT
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

Default Stoke of luck....

Glad you made the move but not as glad as you are... they should really rate the service department as they do the sales but then the sales make the money cause even the parts used in service go as sales... Labor rates only make the dealer money ...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Actually the platinum rating is not based on BRP product sold

It is based on BRP product bought by the dealer from BRP.
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.