Spyder Garage

Default need your help - paint decision

here you see my new ROTAX-NOSE what I spent her during the winter .. because the original face is really ugly (she has to park on the side of my BMW-R100RS -82` - which is still for me the best-designed touring-bike of the world..)
    next week I fixed the date with my painter...
    so pls help me with your ideas what painting you would do ??
    black - silver - bicolored..??
    chris
    ..many thanks will send pics..

Spyder Garage

I'm not sure what to recommend as far as paint schemes but I am curious if that front spoiler gives you any noticeable handling or "wind on your body" benefits?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

like the look. I would go with black. wheres mine.

Spyder Garage

That looks pretty cool - will make the front end more aerodynamic and even more space age

I suggest going with gloss black - please post a pic when you paint it and re-mount

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Front end

I like that Chris. I would go multi color. Who made that for you? I also hate the front nose of the spyder. Looks to much like a snowmobile.

Spyder Garage

black
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tatt2r View Post
    black
    That is 1 cool looking Cow Guard

Spyder Garage

That's neat! The Spyder has seemd to need some help covering the far less than aerodynamic front suspension. It does add mass to the look at the front, though. I think I go for a darker color or black, too, but making the center silver and the outer portions dark might work quite nicely...sort of the reverse of what it is now.

BTW, I'll argue the "best touring" issue with you. The BMW R1100RT/R1150RT was surely the best! I love my 2000 R1100RTP! Guess the old road racer is still buried somewhere inside of me. LOL
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

paint it the color you like metlac gray or silver rainbow comelin,metlac Blue same as your car or truck mine is black and silver metlic nice nose I would love one $$ and where do u get 1

Spyder Garage

Not sure on the color but I would be a little concerned about the air that has now been blocked from going into the radiator and oil cooler. If you look at the stock nose they spent some time making sure the air would channel into those air ducts for cooling.

Spyder Garage

Need a way to get rid of the mounting hardware showing - kind of ruins the look for me.

Spyder Garage

I have checked with the rotax-guys about the air ..they think there will not become a problem ..you see it here..the cooler and the way how we have fixed it - only two wholes in the middle so I can fix two screws if I want to deinstall it one time..
    (the part is the original BRP-Rotax frontspoiler of there challenge..only cutted in the middle)

Spyder Garage

I'm not cutting on it, but I think it makes it look like a bumper car of some sorts from an amusement park.. hehe.

WATER SPYDER

Paint it graffiti style... Intercity Spyder...

Spyder Garage

Black prizum paint so it will change colors.

WATER SPYDER

Quote Originally Posted by FISH65 View Post
    Black prizum paint so it will change colors.
    what is black prizum paint? is it thermo-color changing paint? like the mood ring?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WATER SPYDER View Post
    what is black prizum paint? is it thermo-color changing paint? like the mood ring?
    It typically refers to paint that appears different colors from different angles, depending on how the light hits it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Chris, I got all 3 of your PM's,but the last one with the link to this thread is the only thing that came through.
    As I look at it in this thread it reminds me of a enduro kart front dam. What Rotax is that originally from?? I'm not familiar with the name you listed.
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

its the RM1 Front .. the colours i have choosen where not so good - stopped the idea - when i`f seen the first prototype of this .. RT in the factory -
    http://www.rotax.com/en/Engine/2004/...ine.Models.htm
    have a good new-year
    chris
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Chris,
    IMO... paint the center silver and the rest black. That will look the best on your Spyder.
    Unless you plan on painting the entire bike a new color I would keep everthing uniform so it looks like a factory paint job.
    I did purchased the same bumper this past summer from a Rotax go-cart dealer in Pennsylvania.

However I never installed mine, because I ended up doing something different with my front end.
    Last edited by Motza; 01-17-2010 at 10:09 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default What did you decide on?

Chris, do you have any photo's of your new front bumper?

Spyder Garage

hi .. here is a pic with the "new" slots - but the bumper was not my temperatur-problem - i tested a weekend to italy (really hot ) without the bumper .. on the carway i got 6 bars - 2person/full loaded 100-110 mph - so maybe she shows me something wrong - or she gets that hot under this conditions..
    still not shure if i get an RT for the next season - if so i will bring this nose-operation to an end (including front-fenders)
    Last edited by chris56; 01-17-2010 at 10:35 AM.
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    hi .. here is a pic with the "new" slots - but the bumper was not my temperatur-problem - i tested a weekend to italy (really hot ) without the bumper .. on the carway i got 6 bars - 2person/full loaded 100-110 mph - so maybe she shows me something wrong - or she gets that hot under this conditions..
    still not shure if i get an RT for the next season - if so i will bring this nose-operation to an end (including front-fenders)

NICE I LIKE IT!

srspyder

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Not sure on the color but I would be a little concerned about the air that has now been blocked from going into the radiator and oil cooler. If you look at the stock nose they spent some time making sure the air would channel into those air ducts for cooling.
    I wished they would have spent some more time thinking about where they vented the radiator. In the summer it feels like your right foot is going to boil off, lol