Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I use my Nexus 6 with Google maps. It's been SO much better than any Garmin I've had in the past. Plan routes on the computer then send them to yourself and others.
    Hard to beat the voice control too.
    I'll never go back to a stand alone gps

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have a tom tom, but I use a good old fashion road map when I "have" to.

Spyder Garage

Default TOMTOM

TOMTOM XL 350 w/ lifetime traffic & map edition (free map update 4 times a year). I have a dry box for rain and open mount for the rest of the time. Less than $150.00, I use them in my cars also and it gives great directions.

Mike

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default What GPS do you have

I have used my Garmin Zumo 665 for years. I've logged over 50K miles of Spyder trips since buying it. Although it's not perfect, it serves my purposes well, both on my Spyder and in my truck. I can manipulate it with my gloves on, it's waterproof, it gives me turn by turn audibles via Bluetooth if I want, the screen display and settings are customizable and it is capable of timely traffic alert info.

Sent from my little piece of paradise!
    Last edited by tofriendscreek; 09-03-2016 at 01:22 PM.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I use a Samsung Tab A 8.0 tablet with Sygic GPS app. The screen is larger, the tablet cost less than $200, and I use it for web surfing and email when it's not on the Spyder! It's not waterproof but it has survived getting wet from rain while riding.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default GPS plus Maps

About 8 years ago, I did my last cross country solo, using my Garmin 550 and a tank bag with maps folded in a waterproof cover on the tank bag. This allowed me to have an overall picture of where I was going without zooming in and out. Maps are also the backup system should one's GPS fail. And, on my first cross country solo, I had a complete failure of electrical accessories..at the end of my driveway....LOL So, I like to have a contingency plan.

Anyway, I am trying to be patient while I wait for my new Garmin to arrive in a few days. Once installed i will try to give a report. Plans are to have this connected via Bluetooth with my phone, and Sena 10s in helmet, hopefully it will all work out.
    Msmoto
    2016 F3 Limited SS, Garmin 595LM, Sena 10S, Belt Idler Pulley, Custom Cherry Bomb Exhaust
    Previous Spyder No. 003008