Spyder Garage

Default High-mount mirror hits F4 ? Here's the solution

Lamonster sells a nifty "top cap" which fits on the switchgear of the F3 handlebar. The device allows you to mount a single or pair of rear-view mirrors (as he says) on the handlebars like on a regular motorcycle. The top cap can also mount a RAM ball for attaching a cell phone or GPS or what have you.

Using a standard configuration motorcycle handlebar mirror in combination with Don Frank's F4 32" windshield caused a conflict between mirror and windshield at full lock. Not good. Looking for a solution, I found a mirror from a 1989-90 Honda Transalp with a long slender stem and a LOT of swivel action at the stalk-to-mirror joint. This allowed me to rotate the mirror toward the rear of the motorcycle enough that there was no longer contact between mirror and shield.

With the higher mounted mirror, not only do I have a much more useful view of what's going on behind me, but now my Second Rider can also help provide a second pair of eyes to be alert for trouble from our "six." The original mirrors with turn signals are still in place, and do give some additional info, but the new high mount option is my go-to when I'm checking for tailgaters or vehicles coming up quickly from behind, both when we're rolling and when sitting at a traffic light.20160828_113653.jpg20160828_113646.jpg
    Pete Tamblyn
    Cleveland, GA

2020 F3 Limited (black)

Time Out XL1800 cargo trailer

2019 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor
    2018 Kawasaki Versys-X 300

2013 ST (sold)
    2015 F3-S SOLD
    2014 RT-Limited (cognac) SOLD

Spyder Garage

Had the same thing on mine, but put Lamonts mirrors back and my windshield is to the front. I did get rid of the stock mirrors and put turn signals on, then put 4 inch led under lip on side's so now I can tell when turn signals are on.