Spyder Garage

Default Garmin information 2014 RT Limited

I just took possession of a 2014 RT Limited. The Garmin that comes on the bike was not there when I bought if from a dealer (not a Can Am Dealer). I have a Garmin 590LM with harness. I went to mount the 590LM into the cradle on the RT and it does not fit.
    Looks like a different mount. So what are my options? Can I pull some plastic and find that cable connection and will that 590LM harness connect right up to the bike connections? If so, any advice? If not, what model Garmin do I need to acquire to allow it to fit in the existing cradle? Appreciate the help guys.
    Buckskin
    2016 F3T , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your purchase!
    The 590 didn't come as standard on the 2014 model...

But it DID on the 2015! Have your dealer get you the 2015 mount, and everything will fit like a glove!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have the cable and mount for the 590LM in my hand. My question is if I pull the plastic and trace the cable, will the connections be pretty much the same? Just undue the ones there now and hook up the corresponding 590LM cable connections? Or is the RT cable from the dealer different as it mounts in the middle of the Can Am?
    Will be doing an oil change soon and will be half way there on the plastic removal for that operation.
    Buckskin

QUOTE=Bob Denman;1175466] on your purchase!
    The 590 didn't come as standard on the 2014 model...

But it DID on the 2015! Have your dealer get you the 2015 mount, and everything will fit like a glove! [/QUOTE]
    2016 F3T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Yes your 590 mount that comes in the box can be swapped out for the 660 mount that is already there. It will fit the bracket. The audio input to the radio will plug right in. You have to remove the power connector from the old mount harness and install on the new.

PS: BRP's website has in instructions for installing accessoies. Look up the one for installing the gps. That may be helpful.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Please let us know how this all works out, and Good Luck!
    (Don't hesitate to yell for help!!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I found the site and the instructions I needed. Mainly will be removing plastic for a oil change and will trace Garmin Cable back out to the handlebars. Appreciate the help.
    Buckskin

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Yes your 590 mount that comes in the box can be swapped out for the 660 mount that is already there. It will fit the bracket. The audio input to the radio will plug right in. You have to remove the power connector from the old mount harness and install on the new.

PS: BRP's website has in instructions for installing accessoies. Look up the one for installing the gps. That may be helpful.
    2016 F3T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

In rereading your post, it seemed that maybe you said that I might use the existing harness up to the handlebars and remove the 660 mount that is already there and replace with the with the 590 mount at the handlebars.
    Buckskin

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post

2016 F3T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    In rereading your post, it seemed that maybe you said that I might use the existing harness up to the handlebars and remove the 660 mount that is already there and replace with the with the 590 mount at the handlebars.
    Buckskin
    Change out the whole Garmin mount and harness. It goes all way to the right rear of the fuel tank.

2018 F3 LIMITED