Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default How Far On One tank Of Gas?

I ask because I had to run the tank down in order to find gas. MUSHU went 235 miles before being filled up. He drank 5.5 gallons of elixir. So I guess he had half a gallon left. Two lane back roads, 40-50 mph. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

No two are alike. Get to know yours. Based on five different--the 998's will go about 180 miles before getting ready to give up the ghost. Mine--the refill light goes on between 140 and 150 miles. Close enough for me to get it filled up.

My 1330 will go an easy 210 before the light goes on. I have never pushed it beyond that.

A lot will depend upon that right hand. WARNING, WARNING, WARNING--your mileage may vary.

Across the board--I get 31 average on the 998 and 40 average with the 1330.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

As I pulled into the gas station last week the light came on at 260 miles

Spyder Garage

Default 254

254 miles of smiles on my F3 before gassing up, and my yellow lite never came on...
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Here is what I did on my trip. 45mpg when on eco mode. And travelling about 50mph

And second pic is when eco mode turned off. And doing about 70 to 80 mph.

Sent on Note 5 in Taptalk
    2011 RT Limited , White

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

A couple weeks ago on the back roads of Utah my wife went 185 miles on our 2012 RT. 33.6 mpg.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Sry mine is also on a 2015 F3S

2011 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Default Tango

I thought the F3s had a 7.1 gallon tank? So you would have had a gallon and a half left!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
    I thought the F3s had a 7.1 gallon tank? So you would have had a gallon and a half left!
    Something like that. Looks like I would of had about 2.9 gal left on the 46mpg one and 2.1 gal left on the 39 mpg one.

2011 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Default So many variables...

But taking nothing into consideration...my RS manual will go 186 + on a tankful......6.1 gal tank..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=akspyderman;1175167]No two are alike. Get to know yours. Based on five different--the 998's will go about 180 miles before getting ready to give up the ghost. Mine--the refill light goes on between 140 and 150 miles. Close enough for me to get it filled up.

A lot will depend upon that right hand. WARNING, WARNING, WARNING--your mileage may vary.

180 miles on the 998? I've never been close to that and I ran out of gas three times already.

2015 ST Limited SE5 in Vegas White Serial Number 0162
    BRP Backrest, BRP Travel Bags, Larger break pedal
    Baha Ron Sway Bar & Links, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner
    BRP Trailer Hitch, 2011 Rt-622 Trailer (Pearl White)
    Laser Alignment -(wasn't needed???)
    IPS Holder, X-Grip Phone/ Cup Holder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Malki27 View Post
    [A lot will depend upon that right hand. WARNING, WARNING, WARNING--your mileage may vary.

180 miles on the 998? I've never been close to that and I ran out of gas three times already.
    I think that you need to work on this a little bit...

Farthest so far with my 2014 RT-L: 236.4 miles, and the tank took 5.557 gallons.
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 08-29-2016 at 07:30 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

On my 16 RT I get 34mpg.

CapeSpyder
    Sent From my Note 5

Spyder Garage

Remember, ECO mode only affects shift points, so it has no affect on cruising mpg. (you can duplicate ECO simply by shifting earlier)
    2015 F3 (wife's)
    2014 Indian Vintage
    2019 AMG C43 cabrio
    1966 LS1 Corvette restomod
    1956 Corvette survivor (wife's)
    1941 Chevy hotrod truck
    2023 Corvette Z06

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I ask because I had to run the tank down in order to find gas. MUSHU went 235 miles before being filled up. He drank 5.5 gallons of elixir. So I guess he had half a gallon left. Two lane back roads, 40-50 mph. Tom
    The 2016 F3 LTD has a 7.1 gallon fuel capacity, according to BRP.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    The 2016 F3 LTD has a 7.1 gallon fuel capacity, according to BRP.

7.1 gallons! Wonder how much of that is usable to fill? Nice... Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I don't much care how many miles I can get on a tank of gas. At about 120 miles I'm looking for a station where I can get off, stand up, walk around the bike a few times or get something to drink or nibble on while I fill up. That's just me, not into marathon rides anymore.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Spyder Garage

Default 2015 F 3

My wife and I took out first reasonably long ride Saturday. 153 miles round trip to Buellton CA for a Pea-Soup lunch. I used slightly more than 4 gallons, it worked out to 34 MPG for a mix of 70 to 80 freeway and twenty minutes of stop and go through Santa Barbara. That's carrying a 280 pound driver and a 135 pound passenger. The bike also only has eight hundred miles on it. Most of my riding is around town so it's hard to get decent mileage.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Yum

Quote Originally Posted by CA Railwhale View Post
    My wife and I took out first reasonably long ride Saturday. 153 miles round trip to Buellton CA for a Pea-Soup lunch. I used slightly more than 4 gallons, it worked out to 34 MPG for a mix of 70 to 80 freeway and twenty minutes of stop and go through Santa Barbara. That's carrying a 280 pound driver and a 135 pound passenger. The bike also only has eight hundred miles on it. Most of my riding is around town so it's hard to get decent mileage.
    Love Anderson's!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Malki27;1175272]
    Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    No two are alike. Get to know yours. Based on five different--the 998's will go about 180 miles before getting ready to give up the ghost. Mine--the refill light goes on between 140 and 150 miles. Close enough for me to get it filled up.

It took 5.8 gallons to refill that one time. I was almost sucking air. Read Warnings above.

PS. I am one of those CPA accountant types, and pretty much check my mileage at every tank full. I have a routine, but will not reprint it here. It's in the archives. See most any mileage thread.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just came back from filling up.............151.6 miles and 4.5 gallons of gas...........equals 33.688=~33.7 MPG! I'm ecstatic! That's driving at high RPM's as suggested, not once in 5th gear, all at 62 MPH or less, mostly highway miles with about 15 miles in town. My low gas indicator light wasn't on yet but was getting close.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, luggers!
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Default Have never gotten over 30 MPG

I have a 2012 RT - In about 3000 miles since I bought the bike - never have gotten over 30 - AT 120 miles I am looking for gas. Worse bike I have owned for mileage. Oh Well.

Spyder Garage

7.1 gallons! Wonder how much of that is usable to fill? Nice... Tom
    Hi,
    I put 7.1 gals of gas in new 2015 F3S Spyder on 1st fill up from dealer (2 blocks away), on April 8, 2015.
    I know for fact my F3S gas tank will hold that much gas!
    I rarely ride over 200 miles between fill ups, because even at 40 mpg average, I get on the throttle hard, once in awhile.
    It costs just as much to keep top half of gas tank full as the bottom half, lol.
    Enjoy your rydes on 2016 F3T!!
    Jim

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Ken View Post
    I have a 2012 RT - In about 3000 miles since I bought the bike - never have gotten over 30 - AT 120 miles I am looking for gas. Worse bike I have owned for mileage. Oh Well.

Our Spyder has a little over 9300 miles on it, 2900 that we have put on since July 9th when we bought it. If I try to tear the cogs off of the drive belt I would probably be lucky to get 26-27 MPG. If I was to drive at lower RPM's and lugged the engine it would shoot the MPG all to heck. Same if I was to drive on the interstate for long stretches at 70-75 MPH. But if I drive sensibly on take offs, don't wind the gears way out, keep the RPM's up and just use the engine for the majority of the breaking, I can get great mileage. For a 998. By the way 95% of the miles I ride are with my wife on the back.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Default how far can you tread water

Well I must be a "bad" person, best I've done is 171 mi with 5.85 gal fill. doesn't seem to matter what I do 28-29 mpg is about it. Drop down to 22-25 when pulling the trailer. just getting ready to click over 30,000. Oh well, didn't buy these for the great gas mileage or blinding acceleration; but the fun factor is priceless!!!
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White