Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Slide Over Spyder - Honda’s Neo-Wing

Slide Over Spyder - Honda’s Neo-Wing

The new Honda 3-wheeler Neo-Wing might be out before you know it, I’m sure a lot of trike owners will be lining up to get their hands on one of these. As we all know, Honda is at the top of the food chain when it comes to innovation in motorcycles. The front end steering design looks similar to the Piaggio MP3 which came out like a decade ago. For all the motorcycle Dudes who are always crying that 3 wheelers don’t lean, this should shut them up! LOL

Enjoy - Mike

Military Drone Designer & Pilot
    www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage

My guess is that Honda will come out with a couple variants of this. I'd bet one will be more of a touring model like the RT Limited. Others may be more sport oriented. Time will tell. How ever it turns out they will offer serious competition to BRP.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND

They also have n AUTO _ SHIFT version .......... Mike

Spyder Garage

Looks cool, but I would rather it didn't lean. I am weird like that. Competition will improve the quality of these machines in general. And if the RS has been removed from the line-up (which according to the rumors is already happening), I will need something to ride.

Just sayin'...........
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Honda has been promoting that for awhile, but I have yet to see them list an actual production date. Now that BRP has gotten rid of the RS, STS maybe Honda will give it a try. There is a company that makes a conversion kit for Harley's to give them a similar reverse trike.

Spyder Garage

Production was originally billed for the end of Oct/Nov 2016 - will be interesting to see if that happens. This is why I do find it particularly strange that BRP have dropped the RS just when there's a competitor aiming at a similar market i.e. the sports-trike.

Also last month a motorcycle magazine was reviewing the Yamaha Tricity and mentioned in passing that Yamaha were going to release big engine version.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not my cup of tea! I'd be interested in seeing a touring model, though, to compare.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Love that V4 motor. Had a VFR - power and torque for days. Too bad the RS never came with a V4. OTOH, the Neowing's looks are more polarizing than the F3's.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default COOL Ride

Quote Originally Posted by IdleUp View Post
    Slide Over Spyder - Honda’s Neo-Wing

The new Honda 3-wheeler Neo-Wing might be out before you know it, I’m sure a lot of trike owners will be lining up to get their hands on one of these. As we all know, Honda is at the top of the food chain when it comes to innovation in motorcycles. The front end steering design looks similar to the Piaggio MP3 which came out like a decade ago. For all the motorcycle Dudes who are always crying that 3 wheelers don’t lean, this should shut them up! LOL

Enjoy - Mike

That is a huge step forward for "TRIKEDOM" Did I see a HYBRID label in image #4? And a shaft drive! I'll betcha it'll be quiet too! Love my but i could be persuaded!

Spyder Garage

Default Gotta say...

Sorry...but that is a beefed up piaggio scooter....jmo..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Sweet

With the ST1300 motor, it will be bulletproof! It will also be crazy fast. Can't wait; I do love Honda stuff. It works. Always!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    With the ST1300 motor, it will be bulletproof! It will also be crazy fast. Can't wait; I do love Honda stuff. It works. Always!
    As I've mentioned before my most unreliable bike was Honda:-) Despite that I do have a soft spot for Honda's and some of the others, particularly the VFR, were very reliable.

The idea of one of these with an ST1300 motor would be very attractive. Doing an 'iron butt' rally in Oct and one of the ST riders mentioned he'd only have to fill up 3 times on the whole ride, on my RS it will be 9 or 10.

Can only hope BRP get their act together and bring out an RS II to compete.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    They also have n AUTO _ SHIFT version .......... Mike
    No doubt the 6 cyl Goldwing engine = power :-)
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

This prototype has been around for over a year. I don't believe they have any intent on putting it into production.

Spyder Garage

Default Neowing observations

From the name we get that it is a new wing. Note that it has 4 cylinders aligned as did the original Goldwing. Not a V4. Also noted in photos 4 & 5 this is a hybrid. Photo 4, the big red box isn't for decoration, it is the battery. Photo 5 has hybrid written near the display as well as on the display. Honda is a big conglomerate with many interests. This is a nice concept vehicle to display some of the company's skills and vision. When/if we see one being produced is another matter. Comparing this to the Spyder is like comparing mites to spiders!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Earlier this year while on a trip to Tokyo I attended a motorcycle show and had the opportunity to sit on one, lets just say other than the fact it tilts I don't believe BRP has anything to worry about felt to me it felt just like any other regular motorcycle. Did not like how it felt when you lean and those front tires seem to small to me not because there are two does not mean you get better traction. I will say I do like how it sounds, the exhaust tone was awesome I passed there the day they were clearing out the bikes and saw/heard it while being moved. I do hope it goes into production as that might make BRP realize they need to step up with there future models, competition is good for business.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This version of the Neo-Wing isn't going to be seen at any dealership. This is not news...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 08-29-2016 at 06:59 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I like the back but not the front... Want to see how it feels though...
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

being a honda i am sure it will be faster, more reliable & better mpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My Gold Wing has been a flawless machine.....I really like it. This is why I kept it when buying a couple of Spyders. I like my Spyder too. Hmmmm, at my age, Mr. Cognac and Punkin' are my last scoots in this life.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wow, it never stops to amaze me when someone, who supposedly owns a product hopes and encourages the demise of the company that produces it. Maybe I have it all wrong and the posting person is actually from a competing company floating a market survey on public forums to evaluate the possible reception of the product to a particular market segment, I have done that in my past life as well.
    So if that is the case allow me to vote. First off the bike looks great considering the paint, tires and engine, other than that it is honking ugly. Regarding allowing the old style leaning, shoot that is what is amazing about the Spyder, just relax and enjoy the Ryde, why do I want to have to move all around to turn the bike anymore? Maybe I am just getting older and want to relax but that is where I am at.
    I am sure that they will offer models with storage but how would they hang stuff on this beast to compete 1 with my RTL or 2 even the critisized reduced but adequate frunk on the F3?

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You always have to wonder what the real agenda is...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MercerLake View Post
    That is a huge step forward for "TRIKEDOM" Did I see a HYBRID label in image #4? And a shaft drive! I'll betcha it'll be quiet too! Love my but i could be persuaded!

I agree. Time will tell but I'd certainly be interested enough for a look and demo. No DESS , no Tupperware to take off, known reliability. Lots of +'s.

Spyder Garage

That's what I like about this forum there's always some good conversation. I can say this' if anyone is worried about the leaning steering you have no problems I drove a Piagagio MP3 for 3 years with this steering and it handles just like a two wheel bike with no bad traits. You won't even know there there is three wheels on the bike. I also heard rumor thier auto will be full hydraulic shift.

Thanks
    Military Drone Designer & Pilot
    www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage

Well at least checking the air in the rear tire would be easy

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander