Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Did you make your own trailer?

So, how many here have concocted their own trailer to pull behind their Spyder? I've seen a few versions, and I'm considering coming up with one. I just can't see spending over $1K for a compartment on wheels. I'm thinkin' a car top carrier on top of a small utility trailer would do just fine. Show us what ya did to haul your stuff....
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

You might want to "PM" 2ndchildhood a/k/a Tom. He built his own trailer and did a dad gum good job doing it.

Chris

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default DIY - TRAILER

I made one using 1 1/2 " PVC pipe for the frame.....If I did it again I would go with 2 inch....... It comes in 90's , " T's ", even 45's ..... and it is plenty strong enough as long as you aren't much below 32 degree's..... Aluminum is better but costs more especially if you can't weld it.........I did a very simple cantilever with springs for suspension ( Mcmaster - Carr thank you )..... and the Sears X-Cargo super -lightweight Car top carrier..... trailer came in at 125 lbs which gave me 275 lbs of gear I could carry.............Or you could save a lot of time etc. and just get a Harbor Freight ....go with LED lights, maybe better tires, bearings....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Along with the genius here (aka Blueknight) you can type "build a motorcycle trailer" into youtube for a lot of of ideas.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

I have done two. I weld them up, very few bolts. Took one leaf out of the spring pack. Insure the axel is 90 deg to the tongue. If not you get tyre scrub. The Chinese children do not get the attachment points in the correct place. I run the tires at 18 psi cold to prevent tyre bounce.
    Or you can get one at Harbor Frieght around $300.00.. Good luck.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

Harbor Freight has a trailer you can build. I built one for my GS a few years ago. I let it go with the GS. I think I paid $399.00 back then, may be a little more by now. I bought a Freedom trailer to tow behind the F3. I really like the Freedom trailer.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Spyder Garage

I have the same trailer as Blue Star and love it! Had it painted prefessionsionally to match the Spyder - it looks GREAT but it wasn't cheap for sure!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​Jeff

2012 RT Limited Lava Bronze (aka "The Bronze Beauty")
    Ultimate faux crocodile seat, backrest , and armrests in cognac-/black, Luggage nets, luggage, drink holders, top mirror, shorty antenna, SENA SMH10 headsets and SMR10 dongle, Garmin 665lm, Tri-pouch, Trunk mount flag poles, Custom Dynamics vent covers, Show Crome Luggage Rack, custom mud flap, Full Size Brake Pedal, Tricled mirror turn signals, LED strips on rear of front fenders, custom highway pegs, BakerBuilt Air Wings w/ Uppers
    2012 RT Limited , Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Post I made this