Spyder Garage

Default Trailer hitch to pull my bushtec trailer

I already have a almost new bushtec trailer that has a heim hitch,can I put a after market trailer hitch and wiring harness on my 2015 Rt with a heim connection?

Spyder Garage

You can buy the heim connector from Bushtec and use the approved hitch from BRP. You will also need to convert the flat 4 electrical connection to a square 4.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HEIM CONNECTION

Quote Originally Posted by Holdcard View Post
    I already have a almost new bushtec trailer that has a heim hitch,can I put a after market trailer hitch and wiring harness on my 2015 Rt with a heim connection?
    . I don't see why not.... remove the BALL from the tongue and bolt the Heim on...... I really like the way the HEIM joint tows any thing.... I use something similar ...a " tie-rod end " from a Toyt. 4 wd. It works exactly the same as the Bushtec ...But only cost $12.00 ..... I recommend getting an " ISOLATOR HARNESS " from Value Accessories ( see Home page ) this will prevent damage to the factory wiring harness .......................Mike

Spyder Garage

The way the hitch mounts on the spyder, it beats the crap out of the trailer so keep an eye on all the bolts in the tounge. If you have the cooler don't put glass bottles in the cooler because they will break. I've been talking with Bushtec about a proper hitch.