Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TnT View Post
    If I had wanted a 3 wheeled car I would have bought a Morgan - something with class. Face it Clutch pedal on the left of the brake pedal, gas pedal to the right of the brake pedal and shifter just like a car - it is a car.

A Morgan now that's funny - I'm not sure what that thing is other than a Margery of spare parts. Now that's some kind of ugly dude! lol

Last edited by IdleUp; 08-25-2016 at 07:51 PM.
    Military Drone Designer & Pilot
    www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage

Now let's not forget the Trex this is a real 3 wheeler bike and even has a BMW motorcycle engine so what does that make it? . . . . .

www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage

Default Very nice write-up and photos

I enjoyed your write-up and photos, and you clearly enjoy your toys. Ride On, and have fun!
    Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robhowen View Post
    I enjoyed your write-up and photos, and you clearly enjoy your toys. Ride On, and have fun!
    Rob

Thanks Rob - ride Safely and watch out for cell phones!
    www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdleUp View Post
    Now let's not forget the Trex this is a real 3 wheeler bike and even has a BMW motorcycle engine so what does that make it? . . . . .

It's a 3 wheel car. In my opinion when you have a bucket seat and a seat belt with a traditional steering wheel I think of a car.
    Last edited by beefybudds; 08-25-2016 at 08:46 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fjrwillie View Post
    Great write up and photography is top notch

Willie
    I agree. He is a professional in his field. One of the top if not the best.

Spyder Garage

Our Spyder adds many attributes to motorcycling ,off hand I can't think of anything a Slingshot would add to say a Miata if you where willing to drive the Miata like a holigan.

Spyder Garage

I saw a black Slingshot on the 407 in Burlington, Ontario today. It was absolutely gorgeous and I'd get one if I wasn't so busy riding my spyder.

The license plate was from Georgia, a fair schlep from Ontario.

Spyder Garage

Well you guys, know the old saying "if it don't lean - it ain't no motorcycle"!

The Spyder is in the same as a Slingshot - its like a car too with two front steering wheels that steer like a car and prevents the bike from what bikes have been doing since the beginning of time lean in the direction of the turn - so quit all this political right and wrong crap between the two models -they are both bitches!
    www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage

One thing the Polaris folks didn't learn from the Spyder experience: Those are Kenda tires on that machine.

Are the Polaris dealers as prissy as Can Am about mounting non-OEM tires?

Spyder Garage

Nice write up Mike. Both motorcycles are very nice. My perspective, one can not replace the other. However The better half likes the side by side best. So if we are going somewhere together it's the Slingshot that gets pulled out of the garage.
    Bryan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Empty Pockets View Post
    Nice write up Mike. Both motorcycles are very nice. My perspective, one can not replace the other. However The better half likes the side by side best. So if we are going somewhere together it's the Slingshot that gets pulled out of the garage.

Thanks Empty Pockets - I like both the machine but the very fact I went out and bought another Spyder shows I was missing the Saddle. Now when winter comes in the Slingshot will come back out of the garage more often! LOL

Ride Safely
    www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage

Default Excellent write up

Mike, I really enjoyed, and appreciated, the time and effort you put into your write up. My wife and I are thinking about another vehicle or replacing the spyder. I'll keep you posted, and keep posting your thoughts and findings........
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well you guys, know the old saying "if it don't lean - it ain't no motorcycle"!

The Spyder is in the same as a Slingshot - its like a car too with two front steering wheels that steer like a car and prevents the bike from what bikes have been doing since the beginning of time lean in the direction of the turn - so quit all this political right and wrong crap between the two models -they are both bitches!
    Tell that to the HD folks. Just saying.

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    Mike, I really enjoyed, and appreciated, the time and effort you put into your write up. My wife and I are thinking about another vehicle or replacing the spyder. I'll keep you posted, and keep posting your thoughts and findings........
    Thanks for the reply - to be honest with you one of the main reasons we decided to get the Slingshot was for the safety reasons and for looking for a new ride, we've owned our Spyders since 08. There is just too many cell phone morons coming in your lanes today and with the Slingshot I have a better chance of survival. While I understand it's not a true motorcycle, that never interfered with my enjoyment and to be honest with you, I could care less what another bike owner thinks or does not think of my ride. We bought it for ourselves and as long as we enjoy it then that's the main objective.

I can say if you've owned a Spyder, you'll love the Slingshot its a blast to drive.

Best Regards

Mike
    www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage

I posted this on the discussion forum but thought it would supplement this thread since we're looking at different 3 wheeler's - Enjoy

Honda’s Neo-Wing

The new Honda 3-wheeler Neo-Wing might be out before you know it, I’m sure a lot of trike owners will be lining up to get their hands on one of these. As we all know, Honda is at the top of the food chain when it comes to innovation in motorcycles. The front end steering design looks similar to the Piaggio MP3 which came out like a decade ago. For all the motorcycle Dudes who are always crying that 3 wheelers don’t lean, this should shut them up! LOL

Enjoy - Mike

www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you have a case of severe Jealously dude! That thing is drop dead beautiful and you know it!
    No, not to me.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

To me...a three wheeled car, just like the Slingshot.

Now, that's just my opinion and it's not meant to put them down. They look like a lot of fun. Just not for me.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If it leans then what's the point of 3 wheels?

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Cool

I sat in a slingshot one time and could tell ya all the colors of the wiring under the dash. I needed about 3 LA phone books to see out the front window. We had a few giggles. To bad we never took a picture.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pauly1 View Post
    If it leans then what's the point of 3 wheels?

Wayne
    Get a blow out on a two-wheeler than get the same blow out on a three-wheeler and you'll know. Or Hit a small animal one a two wheeler verses a three-wheeler. Hit a piece of debris on a two-wheeler then hit it with a three wheeler. The fact it leans makes it more like a motor-cycle but with the safety of a three wheeler.

Hey almost forgot something -you don't need a kick stand either LOL
    www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Spyder & Polaris SlingShot / Side by Side - Mike Mas

Very nice write-up. Personally, I like the looks of the Slingshot, but agree with others that it is not a motorcycle. Not sure about other states, but in AZ the Slingshot is not even considered to be a motorcycle. It is officially an autocycle. Spyders on the other hand are classed as motorcycles. Neither are bikes, since by definition bikes (bi meaning two) have two wheels, but both vehicles could be rightly called trikes. [emoji6]
    Last edited by ArachnidRyder; 09-02-2016 at 10:25 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Ride difference

I've owned 5 Spyders so far, and just purchased a SS this weekend. I had no idea what to expect when I first drove off in the new purchase. I suppose I thought it would be a little more "Spyder-like" since it had the two front wheels. Nope. Very much car-like in the sense that it has power steering and such a wide stance that it was effortless to drive. Spyders have always taken a little more concentration, for lack of a better word, to pilot. For me, that would lead to being worn out after longer rides. I purchased the SS about 250 miles from my home, and found it to be a relaxing, yet very fun ride/drive home.

The two vehicles are so different. I agree that the Spyder is more motorcycle and the SS is, well, really a car. But is is a super fun car that still gives me the feeling of the open road that I didn't get in "car" convertibles I've also owned. Sitting 6 inches off the asphalt and zooming along at 80mph is pretty cool. Plus, wife really likes the side x side seat position so we can talk without headsets.
    Last edited by rlynchtx; 10-25-2016 at 04:35 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Great pics !

Good luck with both.
    It took a while but as with the F 3 I now like the Slingshot looks.

Spyder Garage

Cool

IdleUp,
    Nice Job... Love the comparison. I too own both a Slingshot (the faster Red and Black SL ) and a Spyder (2016 F3-T limited). I have come to realize that there are a handful of us that own both a SS and Spyder. The wife and I met 2 guys during Slingshots in the Rockies that also own both a SS and a Spyder.